Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

1 minute ago, Skinned Aussie said:

There is a dedicated thread for this, it is called 'Washington Hockey'.

Is it too hard to put this there?

There's also one called "2019-20 Washington Capitals Thread".. Pay attention rookie. 🤣

Well, the closed door meeting must of really stuck a cord, as I suspected.. Hope they get this mess out of their system soon.

Replace thread with forum.  Why is this different to a 'Washington Hockey' thread?  Can someone, anyone, explain that for me?

I got razzed for posting something less!

There is also one for MLB.  Shouldn't that be under 'Washington Baseball' or 'Baltimore Baseball'?

Edited by Skinned Aussie

Ok guys Ovi is gonna score two in the third and we will win in OT. You heard it here first. 

I have been watching a video on YouTube called Alex ovechkin hall of game before every game he has been on his streak and I forgot to do it before the flyers game and tonight. I just watched it during intermission so we are good now. 

my badness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The baby momma has been gone a couple of days so I’ve had solo parent duty. I haven’t been able to watch but I see the score. Is it on the goalie or the terrible ****ing defense? 

20 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Probably not soon enough. Sure has that look though. 

GMBM can’t fire him. They tossed a Stanley Cup winning coach aside for TR. 

• Like 1

Just watched all the Islander goals. This defense is horrendous. I imagine Samsonov wants one back but even the goal that sneaks through, he is sliding over and there are two Islanders alone in front of the net. 

Edited by Hersh

4 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Not sure why they'er so shy on playing physical lately. The fancy, stretch pass crap is about as stale as the PP. Defense so far out of position it's rec league like. Reirden needs to find a whip, then crack it. (against someones head) lol  

The rec league reference is hilarious cause it's true. Hell, I normally have better defense in the rec league than the Caps are showing. 

Edited by Hersh

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/capitals/the-capitals-must-stop-thinking-about-milestones-and-start-thinking-about-winning/2020/02/10/db139d34-4c34-11ea-b721-9f4cdc90bc1c_story.html

And all of that was before Saturday’s debacle against the Flyers, who are just barely in playoff position. Want a wrinkle in these past two duds? On Saturday, Holtby gave up seven goals to Philadelphia before he mercifully ceded the net to Samsonov to mop up. On Monday, Samsonov started and was tagged for five goals before Reirden turned to Holtby.

What does that tell you? It tells you it’s not the goaltending. It’s the defense. Washington has allowed at least four goals in five of its past eight games.

“It’s too easy to score against us right now,” center Lars Eller said. “It’s not because of our goalies.”