Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Need To Shut Up And Play (Morgan Moses & Josh Norman)

desertbeagle85

1 minute ago, joeken24 said:

Truly battered. But hey, I suppose its a matter of mindset. Amazing how a reporter can write something and successfully twist the story to create conflict. 

Read it how you must.

It has nothing to do with being battered.  I actually like Josh personally, he was great to both me and my family.

But it it is what it is.  His words were not twisted.  You are on an island all by yourself on this one, champ.  It was  a backhanded compliment.  The end.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It has nothing to do with being battered.  I actually like Josh personally, he was great to both me and my family.

But it it is what it is.  His words were not twisted.  You are on an island all by yourself on this one, champ.  It was  a backhanded compliment.  The end.

Nah! Don't agree and I don't care about being a free thinker either. 

Ok listen to this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/josh-norman-goes-3-minute-rant-misconstrued-comments-dak-prescott

Josh is saying much of what I've been talking about in this forum. There are so many wretched ass reporters out there....point blank. A lot of folk here are extremely quick to take a reporter or an opponent's side over the player/team you call yourself rooting for. I could see if you've done a little bit of research but sheesh!!!

Prediction: Someone here will reply and say Josh is lying and say he's back tracking. The question is why would he need to back track? The game is over. 

Anyway, I'm inclined to reply with crickets when I read this kind of stuff 

"I'm never going to get used to losing. I don’t like it," McLaurin said in front of his locker at Redskins Park on Monday afternoon. "But instead of pointing the finger . I just have to look at myself and see what I can do better in making Case’s [Keenum's] job easier."

FFS, Moses, take some notes from the rookie.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, joeken24 said:

I'm not sayin....I'm just sayin....

That being said...

The Redskins are indeed a targeted team IMO. Not sure when it happened, but it's happened. I recall a game a few years back where one of the Skins DBs clearly intercepted a ball in the back of the end zone. The refs ruled him out of bounds. They went to replay. Everybody and their blind cousins saw he made the play. NY came back with the ruling on the field bull****. Fox goes to the sideline where the DB is sitting. A ****ing coach walks by the player. The player shrugs as if to say what else can I do? The ****ing coach points at the damn Redskins logo on the front of the players jersey as if to say that's why you don't get the ****ing call. I believe there is truth to that. More importantly the team believes it which can cause a different mindset going into a game.

I used to think this way, but I have come around on this issue.  Sure, the competition committee and John Mara especially, had animus towards the Redskins and made them pay for the Albert Haynesworth contract/no cap year debacle, which was clearly collusion, although hard to prove or prosecute even though it could have had significant ripple effects down the line...the point is, there is no conspiracy where the league or anyone else tells the refs "Make sure those Redskins lose!" it's more like: "Alright, it's prime time, make sure the Cowboys win this one either handily" or "keep this game close, we need a nail biter, it's good for ratings"

It all comes down to ratings, and when the league sees one of their darlings has a game against a team they don't necessarily care about, i.e. the Redskins with that pesky little owner who refuses to play ball, I would not be shocked if at some point the call is made..."hey, if you have to, make sure this team comes away with the W" Look at our record in prime time games and when our opponents need a win.  When was the last time we successfully played the role of spoiler?  Too many coincidences IMHO.  As far as I'm concerned, and I've brought this example up before, you don't have to look any further than the Drew Brees record breaking game from last year.  They made sure it happened in prime time, they made sure it happened before the half (before it got too late AND they had all of half time to talk about it) they even stopped the game for a mini celebration

Now look at this year, so far we have had the league darlings and newly minted perennial Super Bowl favorite Eagles week 1, well they simply can't lose week 1 and start some kind of drama..."maybe the Redskins will stink and we won't have to do much" alright, done and done.  Next come the Cowboys, they HAVE to go up 2-0, especially in the division, and why not make them look good in the process?  All you have to do is look for the narrative, and it doesn't take much for things to work themselves out.  How often do we have momentum shifting, drive killing penalties?  How many times have the opponents been bailed out on an early penalty that kept their drive alive?  How many years can we put up with this?  At some point it is becomes plainly obvious.  Oh, don't worry Redskins fans, we just threw a ticky-tacky make-up penalty, see? it's called fair! except the first penalty killed our drive, this one put the opponent in 2nd and 8 as opposed to 2nd and 3, whoop-de-doo.

The NFL is becoming the WWE, and it's all about ratings.  Just look at the Browns, they were touted as Super Bowl contenders, HUGE HYPE, and they've come out flat.  Has the narrative changed?  Not yet, but it might if they can't get it together.  Look at Sean McVay in LA, stud young coach, team just moved to LA, he doesn't need much help, but somehow keeps coming out on top on some of these calls...makes you wonder...

What seems to always evade conspiracy theorists is the impossible level of secrecy and conspirators it would require to pull off the things they suggest are occurring.  You guys are basically saying that all the refs, the league office employees, etc. are all in on jobbing teams for ratings.  Yet no ref, league office employee, anyone else that might know about this going on has ever stepped out and blown the whistle.  That all the owners and executives of teams in the league are all in the dark about this coup to make certain teams good and other teams bad.

I hear New Era is dropping some new tin-foil Skins fitted caps for you guys soon.  The depths you will dive to excuse the failure of this organization really knows no bounds.

Would you want to be the guy that ruins the NFL for every fan? Who would believe you? It doesn't take every person in the league, you don't think a "Who will rid me of this meddlesome priest" has ever happened?  No, such a thing has NEVER happened in professional sports, our NFL is beyond reproach!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25980368/how-former-ref-tim-donaghy-conspired-fix-nba-games

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-to-fix-a-college-football-game-and-influence-its-outcome-in-four-steps/

2 hours ago, WeThreeKingsRuleU said:

Now look at this year, so far we have had the league darlings and newly minted perennial Super Bowl favorite Eagles week 1, well they simply can't lose week 1 and start some kind of drama..."maybe the Redskins will stink and we won't have to do much" alright, done and done.  Next come the Cowboys, they HAVE to go up 2-0, especially in the division, and why not make them look good in the process?  All you have to do is look for the narrative, and it doesn't take much for things to work themselves out.  How often do we have momentum shifting, drive killing penalties?  How many times have the opponents been bailed out on an early penalty that kept their drive alive?  How many years can we put up with this?  At some point it is becomes plainly obvious.  Oh, don't worry Redskins fans, we just threw a ticky-tacky make-up penalty, see? it's called fair! except the first penalty killed our drive, this one put the opponent in 2nd and 8 as opposed to 2nd and 3, whoop-de-doo.

I get so frustrated about this type of stuff, but the truth is that many (?most?) people kinda agree to this. That's why they have the Brady rule, the QB rules, the Jordan rules of the 90s, the whole talk about "getting calls", etc. I mean this is two games in a row where we've had more than one blatent calls that either weren't called or were called wrong (Moses holding, Moreland being held, Sherff holding). I can't go through them all but some of the analysts who do film review have pointed it out on Twitter. Its kinda like the Harmon PI calls in the preseason. 

But whats the solution? Become a media darling? get your own RG3 / Jordan type player who will get you more calls? Keep stats on the refs (or ref crews) and the calls they get right and wrong? Something else? 

I honestly think that with social media being as powerful as it is, even if it doesn't change the outcome, the more likely immediate thing we're going to start seeing is what the players say they talk about - which crew is officiating, what calls do they normally stress, and what calls do they emphasize? And more importantly what calls do they get wrong and how often? In this age of video evidence its hard to pull these things over on us. Its kinda like Jordan's (famous) push off, we know it happened and we have the video so whenever we see that video Utah Jazz fans can say that the refs let Jordan be Jordan. Its also like the Michael Irvin playing WR against Darrell Green and how he always would basically fight him the whole route and not get called for it because they'd just say its just his size. 

But these things will become better documented and as the mistakes are made and recorded, we'll see how the league responds. It probably won't but like NBC said, the more you know. 

As long as there is no concrete evidence, you'll get people who say "you're just bitter because your team sucks, sure the league is run by billionaires who don't know of any other way to make a quick buck than to form a league where everything is absolutely fair and honest and would never lie or withhold the truth in order to make even more money, because the NFL is as PURE AS THE DRIVEN SNOW!" but I digress, the way you get over it is play the game within the game, take your hits and promise the league more money with promises of higher ratings.  Sure, get your own RGIII.  Convince your HOF coach to come out of retirement.  Make a player the highest paid player ever, so on and so forth.  It's all been tried.  There is a reason Snyder decided to cozy up to Jerry, Jerry's teams are perpetually mediocre but somehow get all the preseason buzz, and are treated pretty well by the refs and the league.

Fact of the matter is, as a fan, you win by realizing the competition is not "pure" and therefore you don't lose as much of your soul when your favorite team misses the playoffs again, or is jobbed on a call that would send them to the Super Bowl because the fact of the matter is, it's a playground for the elites, it's all entertainment, the opioids of the masses, and whenever there is that much money involved, corruption is a given 

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What seems to always evade conspiracy theorists is the impossible level of secrecy and conspirators it would require to pull off the things they suggest are occurring.  You guys are basically saying that all the refs, the league office employees, etc. are all in on jobbing teams for ratings.  Yet no ref, league office employee, anyone else that might know about this going on has ever stepped out and blown the whistle.  That all the owners and executives of teams in the league are all in the dark about this coup to make certain teams good and other teams bad.

I hear New Era is dropping some new tin-foil Skins fitted caps for you guys soon.  The depths you will dive to excuse the failure of this organization really knows no bounds.

Ok. Tonight the Titans played the Jaguars. Tom Brady tweeted that he was turning the game off because there was too many penalties being called. First off, should we tell Brady to shut up and play? But most importantly, his tweet became news on ESPN. My prediction is that the league will react and you'll see lower calls this weekend and maybe throughout the season. So if that happens, what does it say about the refs? Well to me it says there is no integrity to their officiating. They should call what they see. But we all know they don't. I comp it to bad cops. The entire force can be in the dark on one or a group to ****ed up officers. Bottom line is a ref can make a holding call any time. When he calls it on third down, there is no way to know if he's running some clandestine operation or being honest. I'm not totally blaming the refs on the failures of this team. But there is no doubt in my mind that the refs play a part. To believe that refs are somehow a pillar of integrity and never have an axe to grind is a bit closed minded.

tweet.JPG.eab02db4956d3a2a0e12c230a12ddd0e.JPG

18 minutes ago, joeken24 said:

To believe that refs are somehow a pillar of integrity and never have an axe to grind is a bit closed minded.

There’s a sea of difference between believing the league conspires to create negative outcomes for the Redskins and the refs being pillars of integrity.

Nowhere did I say the refs were perfect individuals.  They make mistakes all the time.  The rules change all the time. They are humans not robots.  **** happens.  Sometimes it’s in our favor and others it’s not.  

Archived