Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Need To Shut Up And Play (Morgan Moses & Josh Norman)

desertbeagle85

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been among the ones making the case Moses is overrated this offseason before last Sunday. 

I'm right with you. Said for a while they will dump him and his contract next offseason. Will free up 5mil in cap space along the way.

20 minutes ago, profusion said:

This tells me that Gruden doesn't inspire even the slightest bit of fear in that locker room. He might get more results if he did.

It's too late. No one would buy the act at this point. They'd respect him even less than they do now if he switched up because they'd perceive the change as the desperate act of a man on the verge of losing his job.

That is why they need to cut Bruce Allen, then bring in a HC with direct and unobstructed access to Snyder so as to show the players the absence of any red tape in the event a player needs to be cut. A GM or Team President - any authoritative buffer between the coach and owner - would muddle the chain of command. Besides, any such figure would either find themselves at odds with Snyder and eventually get fired, or become just another stooge, so why bother as the position would only undercut the HC's authority?

The Redskins led the NFL with 32 accepted holding penalties last season; they had five such penalties accepted in the season opener. That's led to some complaining by linemen, notably right tackle Morgan Moses, that the team is being targeted. Moses was called for eight holds last season and two Sunday. Coach Jay Gruden said, "If they’re targeting you, you have a bullseye on your chest then you better be more careful with your hands. That’s the way it is, that’s the way it’s going to be. Hopefully we do a better of disciplining ourselves with our hand usage." The Redskins aren't good enough to keep overcoming these holding penalties.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer7m ago

54 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

How about being tired of arm chair fans thinking a player who actually plays shouldnt have an opinion and they should cause theyre fans. 

That bothers me a lot more than moses voicing his opinion about this simple minded coaching staff and front office.

Every player has an opinion and is entitled to it.  But once they go on the radio spouting it, it’s open season.  Particularly when it’s a guy famous for putting his offense in bad situations with penalties whining about ref conspiracy.  The AP comment was really just the cherry on top of the crybaby sundae.  He’s got a lot of nerve calling out Jay when Jay could likewise hang him out to dry regularly in press conferences and doesn’t.

It's funny, a lot of us spent time blasting Jay this past weekend for not dressing Peterson.

Morgan Moses agreed with us and says so.  And then we get mad at for saying what we agreed with?

I'm not discounting the fact that he's not great at what he does, he's not.   But it's weird when people get upset with a football player who actually said something a lot of us thought.  

We aren't players.
If it can't help, don't say it is what I say.. and frankly, i am dead serious,, i'd take my cues from the Pats. They know how to avoid this stuff, and as a player, i can learn from anywhere, right? Why not learn and apply what you can from the best? 

Redskins players would have to be completely blind and deaf to not feel the overall vibe of sensationalist crap that drives the narrative on the team. They have to know it doesn't help. It causes distraction, whether he feels it or not.

I'd agree that it stems from Jay,, but these are grown men. They are capable of handling themselves professionally despite any of that.

~Bang

12 minutes ago, Bang said:

We aren't players.
If it can't help, don't say it is what I say.. and frankly, i am dead serious,, i'd take my cues from the Pats. They know how to avoid this stuff, and as a player, i can learn from anywhere, right? Why not learn and apply what you can from the best? 

Redskins players would have to be completely blind and deaf to not feel the overall vibe of sensationalist crap that drives the narrative on the team. They have to know it doesn't help. It causes distraction, whether he feels it or not.

I'd agree that it stems from Jay,, but these are grown men. They are capable of handling themselves professionally despite any of that.

~Bang

Bang, you're right.  We aren't players.  

And I agree, I'd take my cues from the Pats, too.  

But that starts at the top.  And we can rant and rave and **** and moan and say how much we hate Belichick all we want, but it starts there.  He's an old school, no bull**** guy who knows how to avoid this stuff.  It certainly stems from Jay.  I agree that they should be capable of handling themselves professionally but you give a guy in his early to mid 20s a ton of money and see if they care about professionalism.  

We can also talk about Robert Kraft, make fun of him for Tug Gate, whatever...but he's a damn good owner.  It starts there, too.  

And pretty soon after you've won a lot, no one questions it.  Stuff like this never happens on the Patriots because they've won a lot and everyone wants to win.  So they all act in a way that's been filtered through over the years because they know to be a part of it, to win they need to buy in.  And they've got the best QB of all time, too, who everyone looks to for leadership as well.  I'd venture to say the Patriots have it on easy street.  It's like Phil Jackson and Michael Jordan in the 90s.  Do YOU want to be the one to rock the boat?  No.  So fall in.

Meanwhile, I'm willing to bet Morgan Moses won't see any repercussions from his little outburst here.  Like I said, he wasn't wrong.  But if Jay had any interest in attempting to replicate or come close to replicating what they have in New England, this would be a good place to start.

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

How about being tired of arm chair fans thinking a player who actually plays shouldnt have an opinion and they should cause theyre fans. 

That bothers me a lot more than moses voicing his opinion about this simple minded coaching staff and front office.

Well, its us fans who are paying his salary, in the end.

A veteran player doing this gives off bad vibes to the younger players, and if they have an issue later on, then they feel they need to voice their opinions. This divides the locker room, mentally, and if it continues, it turns out to be a full-on failure, where the players get on a bad losing streak, then fingers start pointing, and then its over; the season is gone, coaches and players start voicing their opinions when they feel threatened, and it turns into a full fiasco.

The coaches and players need better communication, and if needed, get everyone in a room and hash it out there, but with the threat of losing game checks if someone leaks out a word about the gathering. Then they will bond stronger as a team.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Eagles stunt, Scherff adjusts, Moses gives up the sack

This play disgusts me, I'm so tired of watching Moses makes plays just like this one.  He has terrible balance and little to no agility.  Personally I don't think he takes care of himself in the offseason, at least not to the extent of most players who take pride in their craft.

He's starting to get exposed for what he is so he's lashing out at others out of insecurity.

He's a good guy but a below average player the last 2 and counting.

Same goes for guys on the defense. I’m pretty much done with the Montae experience. Guy is always “confused” about something.

I’ll carry this over to Allen, Payne, Kerrigan, and whoever the other end has been/is. Best part of our team for sure but they need to step up. Not for one series, or a half or a game. They need to step up for the entire season. 

I feel like we are wasting their talent/potential with this abysmal coaching staff.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It's funny, a lot of us spent time blasting Jay this past weekend for not dressing Peterson.

Morgan Moses agreed with us and says so.  And then we get mad at for saying what we agreed with?

I'm not discounting the fact that he's not great at what he does, he's not.   But it's weird when people get upset with a football player who actually said something a lot of us thought.  

You and I are just guys on the internet. No one really gives a crap what we think. A fan questioning a HC decision is as common as oxygen.

A player publicly calling out his HC though ... that’s just a no. Not even in a team meeting behind closed doors should that happen. 1-2-1 player with coach is the only way that can happen.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Some players have the right to talk publicly.

You think Tom Brady can go on air and publicly question a decision by Bill Belichick? You think he would?

Just now, MartinC said:

You and I are just guys on the internet. No one really gives a crap what we think. A fan questioning a HC decision is as common as oxygen.

A player publicly calling out his HC though ... that’s just a no. Not even in a team meeting behind closed doors should that happen. 1-2-1 player with coach is the only way that can happen.

Hey, c'mon.  I care what you think. :) 

No, I get it and I agree with you.  I was just thinking it's funny for being upset with a player who was voicing what we were all thinking.  Yeah, it's outta line, for sure. 

But it's the Redskins and on the long list of things that have happened over the years...I just can't find it in myself to get upset about this.

IMO, this whole thing is stale.  Jay is stale, Morgan Moses is stale.  They can both hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hey, c'mon.  I care what you think. :) 

No, I get it and I agree with you.  I was just thinking it's funny for being upset with a player who was voicing what we were all thinking.  Yeah, it's outta line, for sure. 

But it's the Redskins and on the long list of things that have happened over the years...I just can't find it in myself to get upset about this.

IMO, this whole thing is stale.  Jay is stale, Morgan Moses is stale.  They can both hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

It’s **** like this a strong HC would jump all over.

I’d thank Moses for his input, put on the tape of him committing drive ending holding calls and giving up sacks and trade his ass to Miami. Then tell the rest of the team to just focus on doing their damn job.

You’re right - it is stale. But just changing the HC and staff will not change that, the stench starts higher up.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

I’d thank Moses for his input, put on the tape of him committing drive ending holding calls and giving up sacks and trade his ass to Miami. Then tell the rest of the team to just focus on doing their damn job.

You’re right - it is stale. But just changing the HC and staff will not change that, the stench starts higher up.

Exactly, that's what I was saying earlier about Belichick.  Belichick is probably an asshole and probably doesn't care what players thing...which makes him an asshole.  But at least if you play for Belichick, you always know where you stand.

Jay is soft.  I'm not saying I don't like Jay as a person, I think he seems like a good dude.  But I don't see him ever laying down the law on someone.  

I agree, the stench starts higher up but it's lingering like a fart in a sauna.  It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly, that's what I was saying earlier about Belichick.  Belichick is probably an asshole and probably doesn't care what players thing...which makes him an asshole.  But at least if you play for Belichick, you always know where you stand.

Jay is soft.  I'm not saying I don't like Jay as a person, I think he seems like a good dude.  But I don't see him ever laying down the law on someone.  

I agree, the stench starts higher up but it's lingering like a fart in a sauna.  It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Skins definitely don't care what the fans think.  Jay Gruden experiment is just about finished.  His buddy old pal player relationships don't cut it in the real No Fun League.  The only fun should be for the couple of hours a week after enjoying a W.  This team needs a coach who can stand up and introduce himself as the New Redskins because this franchise is broken.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Agreed. It's comments like Moses that are a window into why just about everyone that leaves here trashes the organization. It's just a toxic culture, one where a gump ass player feels comfortable mouthing off to the media... after he had a bad game.

And no, it won't change. I'm sure we can expect another Sally Jenkins article this year at some point... Same one thats been written for awhile now, just different players and coaches. Same owner though

I scrolled through many of the "shut up Morgan" threads. Bottom line is this. He's saying exactly what I want to hear.....the ****ing truth. 

What exactly is so bad about what he said. You don't healthy scratch a made man!!! What the **** is wrong with this team?? Now somebody will say, ahhhh the Saints did it. News flash.....the Saints win games and at least they let him move on!!! Now AP was professional, so don't let my rant turn your attention to tearing him down.  

I've said this in the past about some of this fan base: You can mouth off on the Redskins on every facet  of social media, call a player everything accept a child of God, throw stuff at 'em in the stadium, cuss them out as they walk into the locker room and whatever else you feel like you can get away with. As soon as a player says something about trying to win, you have audacity to put him in his place (??).  Some of ya'll crazy. 

AP should have been active and running the damn ball for this team. How dare Gruden not put out his best  53 against the defending NFC Champs. Just plain idiotic. 

This is the kind of stuff lame duck coaches do. 

Archived