Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Need To Shut Up And Play (Morgan Moses & Josh Norman)

desertbeagle85

6 hours ago, Riggodrill44 said:

How do they grade guys? Is it a negative if they get penalties? If so I can see how our tackles are rated so low, they both got 2-3 penalties in this game. On the other hand Scherf didn't get called for any but I saw Cox blow him up a couple of times.

Tossed him around like a toy. 

Can't wait for that mega contract!!!

Yall better get used to it. Hes supposed to be on the radio every week after games so I doubt very seriously hes going to stop talking. If his coach and GM dont do anything about it either they like it or they are not in control. I say keep it going until one of those things change. 

Geez, only week 1 and already rumblings coming from players voicing their displeasures about something.

Well, Morgan will get his wish since Guise is hurt I'm sure, so now you gotta ask yourself 'will AP play effective?'  This all has a set-up of being a bad bad weekend coming up against Dallas. Moses can be counted on for at least 3 holding penalties this weekend, and I can understand his position on AP, but this will do nothing but draw in magnifying glasses from many people, looking to show him that he needs to shut up and try doing his job while not getting flagged on drive killer penalties.

I don't have faith in ANY of the linemen to be able to open any holes for AP to run through so he will have to kick it outside. Gruden will have to design plays which will get AP the ball in different ways, but I don't see it happening, which, if it ends up being the case, will make AP an ineffective part of the game, and we all know the media will go right to Moses and this whole thing could explode.

Miami Dolphin players are already demanding to be traded, so this could be the tip of a nasty iceberg the next few weeks.

Players should keep their thoughts in-house, but they need to voice them.

To reiterate my point in two other threads: Peterson is on the roster. If Jay really wanted to cut him, he should have been allowed to. He obviously doesn't find his skillset to fit what he wants to do. If the FO wanted AP to stay, they should have cut Gruden if he was that adamant. Fact is: He's on the roster.

By making him a healthy inactive, you invite this kind of discourse with the media.

Blame Moses all you want, I'm not enthralled with his play. But this is a product of the FO/Coaching staff not having their thumb on the pulse of the team. 

There is zero excuse for Moses speaking in the press the way he did. None. And when you have as bad a game as he did, the correct approach is to figure out what the **** you're doing wrong and correct it long before you start trying to figure out what you think someone else is doing wrong and then tell them to fix it to the press.

if not for Geron Christian, i'd be OK with cutting him.

Winners don't allow this. 

Some folks tell me it is because the players respect a guy like Bellichik.

One reason they do is they know if they do ANYTHING outside of what he tells them to do, they run the risk of being cut or traded to the worst team he can find. Only one player on that roster is exempt. And everyone knows it. (and that one player exemplifies it as well.)

this week's film sessions ought to also include tape of Patriots pressers. Learn to say NO COMMENT.

frankly, I'd say it's Conduct detrimental to the Team and tell him to keep it to himself or drop the radio gig.

Oh, and frankly, right now, the answer to every single question Moses gets should be 
"Sorry, i will try not to keep killing opportunities with penalties."

Shut up, Morgan.

~Bang

More I think about it, the more of a big deal this could be. 

I'm sure Moses knows where he stands with the team...he saw what happened to Swearinger last season...and he's gotta be well aware that he's playing like ****.

But he still spoke up. 

This is how you lose a locker room....I hope he (Gruden) was paying attention to what played out with the Giants and Ben McAdoo...  

35 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

There is zero excuse for Moses speaking in the press the way he did. None. And when you have as bad a game as he did, the correct approach is to figure out what the **** you're doing wrong and correct it long before you start trying to figure out what you think someone else is doing wrong and then tell them to fix it to the press.

25 minutes ago, Bang said:

if not for Geron Christian, i'd be OK with cutting him.

Winners don't allow this. 

Some folks tell me it is because the players respect a guy like Bellichik.

One reason they do is they know if they do ANYTHING outside of what he tells them to do, they run the risk of being cut or traded to the worst team he can find. Only one player on that roster is exempt. And everyone knows it. (and that one player exemplifies it as well.)

this week's film sessions ought to also include tape of Patriots pressers. Learn to say NO COMMENT.

frankly, I'd say it's Conduct detrimental to the Team and tell him to keep it to himself or drop the radio gig.

Oh, and frankly, right now, the answer to every single question Moses gets should be 
"Sorry, i will try not to keep killing opportunities with penalties."

Shut up, Morgan.

~Bang

I agree with both of you 100%. 

This further illustrates my point about roster mismanagement and the FO and the coaching staff's failures. Benching AP invites this kind of thing. It was just not a great move. However, allowing Moses to talk about it, out of house, and do nothing about it is almost even more egregious. 

Redskin roster management is horrendous and is one of the biggest reasons the Skins can't get off the ground floor. Roster management improves and I believe the team improves tenfold. 

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Moses has been here long enough to express himself...he’s earned it.

But his performance on Sunday needs to improve significantly.  And soon.

Not only that, but he needs to get his **** together on my Madden franchise squad as well.  I'm not even kidding.  I've got a dual threat monster running attack with Guice and Bryce and every time I run to the right side there's goddamn #76 ****ing around out in open space completely oblivious to the linebacker or safety coming in to make a tackle.  Then I gotta go one on one, hope to hit the circle button in time to make a spin move or hit them with a stiff arm.  Meanwhile Moses is just wandering around out there like a 10 year old girl in a dandelion patch and not picking anyone up.  His lack of awareness for a guy that went to UVA is perplexing and infuriating all in one.  

When any organization lacks leadership the individuals take it upon themselves to start building the culture. 

You can blame Moses, Swearinger, Mason, Trent, etc.... At the end of the day this doesn't happen in organizations that have good leadership. Good leadership is not the responsibility of the players, but rather the coaches and management. 

Same idea (on a much less significant issue, socially speaking) as the "shut up and play your game" response that Kaep and LeBron (amongst others) got for speaking up about things that needed attention.

We're fans. This is just entertainment for us. We see what we see and assume the rest. Morgan (also Trent this offseason and D.J. last season) speaking publicly pisses some people off because... reasons.

We've been a **** show for the most part since 1993. The mismanagement really got started by Snyder in '99/'00, but hasn't improved much since (poor drafting, awful FA contracts, etc). Bruce was hired because of Synder's infatuation with the Redskins' past and the name-value for stadium influence.

Have either Snyder or Allen earned the benefit of the doubt in ANY situation really?

Which is more likely?-

1.) The two guys at the very top of the organization, proven losers who have no business running this team, are suddenly doing a great job and the mean ol' players are just being bullies.

or

2.) Players are sick of wasting their bodies/minds silently watching these two buffoons bumble away year after year of their playing careers, while also handling personal/personnel matters poorly in pretty much every situation?

Whichever you believe, players still have a right to speak up. Aggressively overreacting against players, without having all the details, is kind of like the ref throwing a flag at the guy reacting to somebody taking a cheap shot at his knees.

9 minutes ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

I mean, the media is gonna ask players for interviews and they have to comply in some way shape or form, and someone may show a little emotion from time to time.. Devils advocate I guess..

I don't think you're really playing devil's advocate at all. I think a lot of people are in agreement in some way.

I think there's a few hard truths here (and I stress that I said *I* think)

1) This type of thing is minimized on good teams. Players aren't always speaking out.

2) Speaking out, to the media, isn't good for the team and the players should police themselves

3) Franchises with strong leadership quell these issues at the root

4) Attitude reflects leadership

So, I think there's blame to go around for this type of thing. Moses should know better, and should keep his mouth shut. But why is he talking?

1) I'm willing to bet the Williams/Peterson thing plays into this.

2) Lots of frustration

3) I'm betting he's heard this from multiple players on the team.

Does he have room to talk? Not really. 

Butttttttttt...

Issues compound on one another and create a snowball effect.

-Peterson signed to an extension when, apparently, the head coach doesn't want him.

-Trent Williams doesn't report. Wants a trade. Upset with medical team.

-Williams' good friend happens to be Adrian Peterson, who happened to run for 1000 yards in an offense that he doesn't particularly fit in.

-Bruce Allen refuses to trade Williams.

-Adrian Peterson is a healthy inactive

If you're on the Redskins OL, you're likely someone that knows Williams and Peterson half way decently. So they're going to feel for their teammates.

Gruden invited the discord when he made AP inactive.

Allen and co., started the discord by signing/forcing Gruden's hand on a player he didn't want. 

This is complicated. 

This is messy.

This is Redskins.

Sorry but he hasn't "earned" anything.

Most people thought he was a minor steal in the draft but so far his career has been mostly meh. 

Last couple of years it's been mostly drive-killing penalties injuries.

I would have zero problems with the org making an example of him and moving him today.

Moses sucks.. i've been saying this for years. He got way overpaid after one decent season. The fact that he is opening his mouth about things that in no way concern him is a joke. Maybe Skins can trade his ass for peanuts and stick Christian in there.. might as well

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Moses has been here long enough to express himself...he’s earned it.

Bull****.

Trent has been here twice as long...hasn't said **** to the press, even about himself.

Kerrigan has been here 3 years longer than Moses. Has never said ****. Scherff has been here just one year less than Moses. Hasn't said ****. Jordon Reed has been here one year longer. Hasn't said ****.

Chris Thompson has been here one year longer. He DID say ****, but was far more respectful towards Gruden and acknowledged it was a tough decision for him to make and that the run game sucked and that he didn't think it was due to Peterson being inactive. If you're gonna speak on it, Thompson did it the right way.

It's not about tenure or "earning" the right to do something. It's about how you decide individually to carry yourself and conduct yourself. Moses failed on that front.

Archived