Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Players Need To Shut Up And Play (Morgan Moses & Josh Norman)

I don't care if you agree with the man or not. It's week 2 and we already have players mouthing off. This is the same stuff that happened last year. It shows one thing for sure and that  is Jay doesn't have control of this team. Morgan Moses should be more worried about his work opening holes and not getting penalty's. Yet he's sticking up for AP and criticizing the coaching staff. It isn't a good look and I'm sure it will only get worse as the season goes on.

“Any time you’ve got a Hall of Fame guy that doesn’t dress, man, it’s a slap in the face. And obviously, we’ve gotta figure out what the reason is. And it’s my job as one of the older guys on the offensive line to speak up and say, ‘Hey, we need him.'

“Obviously, you don’t put a Hall of Fame guy like that on the sideline, and when he’s healthy, as well. I think he brings a lot to the game. I think he brings a lot to our team. But to have that guy just standing on the sideline is just, it doesn’t sit well to guys on the team or the NFL. So I think this is something we need to correct, man, because he is a helluva football player."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/morgan-moses-calls-coachs-choice-to-sit-adrian-peterson-a-slap-in-the-face-160952916.html

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

Yup, I’m about done with Moses.  Aside his poor play and his never ending string of “soccer player” injuries, his off the field stunts are wearing thin as well.  Why did he attend a press conference as Tent Williams earlier this year? And didn’t he organize that dumb ass idea of the O linemen wearing dress shirts under their jersey last year?  Right before they went out and got their asses handed to them against Indy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I might be in the minority here, but i don’t see this as him “running his mouth”. The locker room obviously loves AP, and what he did for this team last season. So yeah, I’m not surprised they have opinions on him being a healthy scratch on Sunday. He’s not saying “man, **** this team. **** you Jay, **** you Bruce”. He’s saying what all the reporters are saying and most likely what teammates are thinking too, which is that it just doesn’t make sense. Which, hello, it doesn’t. He’s sticking up for his friend AP. I dont have any problem with that 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Same with him wearing trents jersey in a training camp press conference. I think That was more a way of saying he hopes his pal gets back soon 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Good teams express themselves in house and don't air there dirty laundry in public. 

I don’t view this as “dirty laundry”, to me this is just a teammate giving his opinion on the shocking benching of a fellow teammate. Dirty laundry to me would be him going to media to criticize the coaches playcalling in a game. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t view this as “dirty laundry”, to me this is just a teammate giving his opinion on the shocking benching of a fellow teammate. Dirty laundry to me would be him going to media to criticize the coaches playcalling in a game. 

He is criticizing the coaching staff or Gruden on the radio for who he decided to play or not play. That is dirty laundry if you ask me. It doesn't look good on Morgan or Jay if you ask me.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, megared said:

No sympathy for Jay on this one.  He made this an issue. 

Moses is one of the most tenured offensive players.  If he's speaking up, I'm sure he's not doing it alone, or just on behalf of himself.

That's where I stand. I think the thread is technically right that Moses should keep his head down and play, but as one of the team's graybeards and longest tenured players (as crazy as that is) if he can't stand up no one will.

Moses should keep his head down, work on his own game, and keep it in house.

Except, for some reason, this feels wrong.  Maybe it's because I'm still pissed about Swearinger's departure last year, but when you're right, you're right.  If it's the only way you feel that you'll be heard, then that's what you're going to do.

I don't fault him.  And to whoever said that good teams don't have this happen, you're right.  We're just not a good team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another example of a guy who never passed the eye test but for some reason people want to be patient with him.

Morgan also needs to stop blaming the refs. There isn’t a grand conspiracy against the Redskins. Just loser talk. Which of course we are.

He’s right in what he said. He still shouldn’t have said it. 

Also, let’s have it right. He ****ing sucks and has sucked for a while now. We let beat reporters (who are friendly with players) and Larry Michael hype guys like Moses up because he is loud, speaks up and plays through injuries. All of that is fine but his play on the field has been sub standard for years now. I don’t care if he plays through injuries. He’s a football player. I don’t care that he’s local. He sucks (constantly holds, jumps early on damn near every single play, and consistently gets beat) and if this team was honest with themselves, he would have had true competition at his spot a while ago 

Having said all of that, there is basically no chance Jay is coaching here next season. He is officially a lame duck and it’ll only get worse after Sunday. This year is starting to smell like 2009/2013.

58 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I just want the team to sign Scherff long term because the more this kind of crap happens the less likely he is to return.

He’s gone. 

They had their shot and blew it. He’s gonna get paid next offseason. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
48 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

He’s gone. 

Not if he stays healthy.  He's coming off an IR year and the Skins have the ability to negotiate first when he plays 16 games in a row.  I think the jig is up for all the guys who can't play a full season and getting huge LTD's.  

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Another example of a guy who never passed the eye test but for some reason people want to be patient with him.

Morgan also needs to stop blaming the refs. There isn’t a grand conspiracy against the Redskins. Just loser talk. Which of course we are.

Just watched the game and it continues. The refs perception of the Skins are "THEY SUCK". If they believe that ,that is why were the most penalized team week in week out. I don't believe it's a conscience choice by the refs, but I watch the other teams line play and they do the same thing. It's how its taught but, the Skins get a holding call and other teams just play on.

When the Skins were great we didn't get called for this ticky tacky stuff every play.

3 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Thanks for the stats this just proved what my eyes saw. He was garbage Sunday and now he has the nerve to run his mouth.  

How do they grade guys? Is it a negative if they get penalties? If so I can see how our tackles are rated so low, they both got 2-3 penalties in this game. On the other hand Scherf didn't get called for any but I saw Cox blow him up a couple of times.

• Like 1