Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Tracker - 2019 - Award winning training staff edition - UPDATE 9/13

TMK9973

So I am sitting here...in Germany, drinking a couple beers and I start to wonder...is it the training staff, the creme puff practices i heard asshat runs that are not preparing the players bodies for contact, or is it the league rules of contact during pre-season that's contributing to all of this...

Oh..and as a side note..its amazing the strange looks you get when you eat a pizza with your hands instead of knife and fork in Europe...

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

So I am sitting here...in Germany, drinking a couple beers and I start to wonder...is it the training staff, the creme puff practices i heard asshat runs that are not preparing the players bodies for contact, or is it the league rules of contact during pre-season that's contributing to all of this...

Oh..and as a side note..its amazing the strange looks you get when you eat a pizza with your hands instead of knife and fork in Europe...

I think the skins are worse then rest..HOWEVER - 

I do agree that its a problem overall. 

Now -the biggest reason is better tests.

Lets be honest -Concussions prob happened more in the 80's then now - but at that point it was just called "Got your bell rung" and you went back out there.

Also - You didnt have MCL sprains -You had "Stretched ligament" and were back in a week.  

MRI's didnt really become a normal thing until the late 80's / early 90's.  So yes - that is prob MOST of it.

BUT - The other part I think is the year round training.  Mini camp starts in may?  OTA's start before that.

NFL players use to stop playing from Jan / Feb - until June. No many trained year round.

I am a HUGE believer that the body needs to rest. REAL recovery.  Like Lay on a beach and do NOTHING for a while.  I think year round conditioning, training, etc puts a strain on these bodies that result in higher injuries.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, TMK9973 said:

I looked and didn't see a thread like this.  I was hoping to have a thread as a single place to look for latest status of Injuries.  Focused on the Key players

Derrius Guice - Gruden waiting for 2nd opinion for recovery time (9/12) 

Jonathan Allen - "Week to week" but doubtful for week 2 as of 9/10 .  9/12 - Gruden waiting for 2nd opinion.

*Side note- I again think every player should go to their own dr the day after a injury.  For BOTH these players the 2nd opinion was more optimistic and seemed to be their own recovery plan.  I am reading between the lines but in Grudens press conference when asked he had body language of just not knowing due to team Drs not being involved. For both players he said something like "We are just waiting for the full recovery plan and timeline for the other opinions".  

Jordon Reed - Gruden "Optimistic" - Listed as questionable.  9/12 - Limited in practice. But points to actually being able to play.  

Colt McCoy - He should be back in 2 or 3 weeks....oh wait. That was the training staffs update when he first got hurt last year.  Hes still out.  9/12 -NO progress.  Man - Those "2 or 3 weeks" sure seem to be dragging.  

Fabian Moreau - Questionable for week 2.  This is a injury that was suppose to be days, not weeks.  9/12 - Was limited in practice. Still listed as questionable.

NEW 

Quinton Dunbar and Montae Nicholson - Questionable for Sunday. Nicholson did not practice and Dunbar had limited practice.  Stroman waived with injury settlement after not really being discussed and injured most of the off-season.

Did I miss anyone?

I have a hard time understanding why the injury bug hits the Redskins harder then almost any other team in the league while we have a award winning training staff?

Update to your update. Second opinion is Guise had surgery and is out 6-8 weeks.

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think he will end up on IR before then.

Naa -Since we went to his own Dr (Andrews) in FL and got minor surgery -he will be back in 6-8 weeks.

IF he didnt go - Skins staff clears him. He prob sits this week - Plays next week after being cleared by skins trainers.  Gets hurt worse and ends up on IR.  

I

With all the injuries it's time for the NFL to stop being so cheap.  Go to a 60 man roster and dress all of them!!!  This stupid dress 46 rule isn't helping.  If you can keep some starters off Teams then that should help eliminate some of the injuries that happen due to muscle fatigue.   Granted, the players are younger but college teams don't have anywhere near the injuries that you see in the Pros. 

I see we will be in the running for a top tier RB in either FA or the draft... Unfortunately I feel all Guice will ever be is potential... Reed needs to hang them up as well...

two spots just opened up...

Caleb Brantley to Injured Reserve

Derrius Guice to Injured Reserve...

1. Redskins moving running back Derrius Guice to injured reserve, per source. Had knee surgery earlier this week.

49s
    •  
    •  
    •  

Redskins moving defensive lineman Caleb Brantley to injured reserve, per source.

Allen out . Reed - Out Guice and Brantley Injured Reserve.  Moreau - Doubtful.  Dunbar / Nicholson - Questionable.

So for reference - Redskins have 8 players on the injured list all week. 5 of them didn't practice at all  1 was upgraded all week (Nicholson went from Did not practice on Wed, to limited practice).  Meanwhile Dunbar went from limited practice on Wed, to did not practice Thursday, and Reed went from limited practice Wed and Thursday to Did not practice on friday. So 1 player out of 8 got better -2 got worse.  

As a compression - Cowboys have 12 players on the injured list. 2 of them didnt practice all week.  4 of them got upgraded during the week.  None of them got worse as the week went on.  

I looked other teams as well

Eagles - 5 players on injured report. 2 did not practice all week.  2 got upgraded as week went on, no one got worse

Giants  = 7 players on Injured report.  3 did not practice all week. 4 were upgraded during the week.  No one was downgraded   

Maybe the injuries just happen, but it seems only in Redskins world does no one get better and people get worse as time goes by.  

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Hoffman on the Junkies this morning said Bryce Love is out running around and working out but no timetable for his move off IR.  I think the earliest is 6 weeks.

For as dismal a start it's been so far, that would be a pleasant surprise. 

Then again, to play devils advocate, that's very Redskins of us to be relying on a RB coming off IR to be a significant part of the game planning so who knows how it all plays out. 

Ugh. 

Archived