Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Early Season Battle

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the classic cowboys and indians game?

• Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • Too drunk to reach the keyboard

The Redskins had more coverage breakdowns and communication issues in the opener and now they're replacing starter Quinton Dunbar, out with a knee, with veteran Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. His experience will help but it'll be his first extended playing time with the Redskins. They also have two backup corners active who joined the team this week: Aaron Colvin and Simeon Thomas.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fkeim_john.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
John Keim, ESPN Staff Writer1m ago

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Just now, dyst said:

I wonder if Snyder looks at his tenure, our record, the pathetic stadium crowds and think “I am very close to getting this right” or is he embarrassed and feels like a failure.

Being worth 2+ billion says to me that he doesn't give a ****.

• Like 2
Just now, dyst said:

I wonder if Snyder looks at his tenure, our record, the pathetic stadium crowds and think “I am very close to getting this right” or is he embarrassed and feels like a failure.

He’s a 3’6” Caligula, he’s so oblivious to the 20 years of excrement that is his legacy as the owner of a once proud franchise. So of course it’s option number 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In general, I’m pretty optimistic about this offense, but not in this game.  

Secondary has got to get healthy, because I’m not sold on them even when they are.  

It really sucks that injuries are (already) such an issue - feeds into the narrative that we’d be a good team but for them.  I really wonder how much this affects the psyche of the players.  I feel for them being put in this position - rough injuries against a good team (and division rival) for the home opener... including (maybe especially) the backdrop of an apathetic fan base.

Just so much to dislike about this game.  Living in Cowboy country makes it all the less palatable.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Whoever is taking Ed Werder about the game plan needs to shut the **** up. 

I dont care care about a lot of the leaks, but when it’s game plan related you just can’t have that.  I’d say it was almost a fireable offense.  

It’s an hour before kickoff. It’s not like Dallas is suddenly going to change up their game plan. 

On 9/12/2019 at 7:51 PM, Vanguard said:

Except for Landon Collins, I’m very concerned about the secondary.  I think Dallas is going to really open up the passing game.  They will throw a lot Sunday.  That’s my prediction.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:56 AM, Malapropismic Depository said:

They will try to throw it a lot.

But no matter how the secondary plays, it's still gonna be hard to complete those throws.

Daron Payne is like a DB, the way he's starting to get "Pass Defenses" with his bat-downs.

And it's gonna be even harder with big Tim Settle in his face. If he thinks he can outrun Settle, he's gonna run right into the speedy Sweat. So think positive brother. I know you might feel a little down about the submergence of Cam Sims, but that will make room for the emergence of the next man up !

I know we're losing at Halftime. But it looks promising.

And things happened just like I said. Exactly by name.

As I predicted, Payne provided the pressure on Prescott, forcing the errant throw, that Nicholson intercepted and resulted in 7 points.

Now, if we could just get Nicholson to not bite on the long pass plays, where he gives up 7, instead of giving 7 to the Skins.\

But my point still stands. The DL is our strength, and strong enough to make up for a weak secondary.

Hopefully we come out strong in the 2nd half.

Well, no one got it, surprisingly.

With these 2 teams it seems there is always an odd score like 26 or18 or some other weird number, but nope, just a 31-21 beatdown.

And damn, it really looked like they might play an antire game of football, but the wheels came off once they scored the big bomb on Norman { sound familiar? }

• Sad 1
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, hatchetwound said:

Redskins 21 - Cowboys 20

It will be mostly a defensive battle with the cowboys outgaining us in yards only for us to stop them short and kick 2 fieldgoals.  Scary Terry will break one loose for one of our 3 TD's, with the other 2 by Peterson reminding everyone why he is on this roster, one of which is a long broken run.  Dallas drives late and tries to kick a long go ahead field goal but it goes just wide left.

I guess I'm not winning that hat :(