Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Early Season Battle

skins island connection

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the classic cowboys and indians game?

• Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • Too drunk to reach the keyboard

With the lame duck coach, all the insane injuries and medical issues, TW, Bruce Allen, etc etc, this is the first time I truly just don’t care. I’ve said it before, many times, but I actually feel it. I no longer plan to prioritize a skins game.

I’ve been putting off doing the annual negotiating with direct tv for Sunday ticket, and here I am the day before and I don’t think I care enough to even put the effort in for the phone call. My son has a hockey game at 345, and my wife took him last week but this week I think I’m just gonna go. It’s more fun. If I see the game, so be it. But I’m not going to make it a priority. It’s not fun anymore. 20+ years of this nonsense has killed my joy, and I’m not sure it’s capable of coming back.

Sure, we have another RG3 type breakout season some day, I’d get on board the train and enjoy the fun of the moment. But i don’t think the days of me gettin hyped up, wearing gear, living in the game day thread, smoking a pork butt all day in buildup etc are ever coming back. I’m just kinda meh on the whole thing now. 

ETA- the more I think about this, the more I recognize things that are different than even say 5 years ago. For example, I don’t do any of the superstitious stuff I used to do. I don’t know when that stopped, but I don’t do any of it anymore. 

4 hours ago, benskins26 said:

With the lame duck coach, all the insane injuries and medical issues, TW, Bruce Allen, etc etc, this is the first time I truly just don’t care. I’ve said it before, many times, but I actually feel it. I no longer plan to prioritize a skins game.

I’ve been putting off doing the annual negotiating with direct tv for Sunday ticket, and here I am the day before and I don’t think I care enough to even put the effort in for the phone call. My son has a hockey game at 345, and my wife took him last week but this week I think I’m just gonna go. It’s more fun. If I see the game, so be it. But I’m not going to make it a priority. It’s not fun anymore. 20+ years of this nonsense has killed my joy, and I’m not sure it’s capable of coming back.

Sure, we have another RG3 type breakout season some day, I’d get on board the train and enjoy the fun of the moment. But i don’t think the days of me gettin hyped up, wearing gear, living in the game day thread, smoking a pork butt all day in buildup etc are ever coming back. I’m just kinda meh on the whole thing now. 

ETA- the more I think about this, the more I recognize things that are different than even say 5 years ago. For example, I don’t do any of the superstitious stuff I used to do. I don’t know when that stopped, but I don’t do any of it anymore. 

Dallas Week with George Allen and Tom Landry...Riggo/Riggo's rangers and Randy White...the whole town would go berserk. Now....meh...not even "Meh"..disgust...

4 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

If they would only start winning, people would care.

They never win anymore

That’s the worst part is they do win, just enough to wallow in mediocrity. There’s never a sense of a rebuild or us being a legit contender. We’re just sort of splashing around in shallow water. Consistently in the 6-8 win range.

2 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Dallas Week with George Allen and Tom Landry...Riggo/Riggo's rangers and Randy White...the whole town would go berserk. Now....meh...not even "Meh"..disgust...

Its worse, it’s indifference.

thats when they say a marriage is really over. When you care you fight. You get angry. Because you care. When you’re indifferent, you’ve moved on. Sad. 

20 hours ago, benskins26 said:

Welcome to my past decade +.

Seriously, go read the posts if you don't believe it. I even laughed and pointed at the hilarity when Shanny and Bruce were hired. Why would that work? It couldn't possibly, and it failed miserably, and I felt bad saying it but there's just no chance for even a HOF coach here.

Redskins' defense brings Dak Prescott back down to earth

The nation-wide praise for Dak Prescott after his dominant Week 1 performance is short-lived after he lays an egg against the Washington Redskins. Prescott has traditionally played well against the Redskins: 5-1 record (tied for his most wins against any opponent), 6:0 TD-INT ratio, and a 102.0 passer rating. But not this time! Prescott goes without a passing TD and tosses a pair of picks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001054096/article/week-2-bold-predictions-browns-baker-mayfield-bounces-back-broncos-feast?campaign=tw-nf-sf219361834-sf219361834&sf219361834=1

52 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

Secondary injured and in disarray.  Guice on IR.  Allen out.  Offensive line holds at every opportunity.

Dallas will lay 40+ on us while we struggle to reach 17.

It's OK, Jay has many injuries to cover his butt and save his job for a few more games, 

Cuz we didnt win any games last year with out guice....

36 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Redskins D can't contain Dak, Cooper, Ezekiel. 

28 -10.

Please be wrong... need this one, 0-2 in the division is no way to start the season.

You could easily say they can't contain McLaurin.  You could easily say they cannot and will not contain Peterson.  And you could easily say if Keenum gets the protection he did last week upfront and is even somewhat accurate he will not be contained.  The Cowboys D is not better then the Eagles.  

So if the Redskins actually make a decision to play a FULL ENGAGED game of course they can win.

I sadly expect the Cowboys to roll today, sans Jon Allen.  For whatever reasons, this team cannot stop the run nor make a QBs day difficult without him.  A lot of 8-12 yard gashes with playaction sprinkled in.  Dak ordering a pizza, waiting for it to be delivered and then eating a slice or two before throwing touchdowns.  What will be 40-50% Skins fans at kickoff will be 10-20% in the 4th quarter.

31-13 Cowboys.

Hopefully this serves as a jinx but my gut says otherwise.

Archived