Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cowboys Prediction Thread: Early Season Battle

skins island connection

Who wins?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the classic cowboys and indians game?

• Redskins
    • Cowboys
    • Too drunk to reach the keyboard

Are we all forgetting how disgruntled this team will get with 70% cowboy fans in a packed stadium ... their going to have to deal with crowd noise like their on the road... it’s going to be embarrassing and it’s only week 2 .... Our rookies are going to get jolted by being boo’d by cowboy fans.. This is going to be worse than the Eagles game last years...

Dallas 34

Redskins 14

Post game will be about “we know fans have quit on us”. “That was embarrassing being on the road in our own home stadium” 

30 minutes ago, GreenFields said:

Are we all forgetting how disgruntled this team will get with 70% cowboy fans in a packed stadium ... 

Outside a handful of rookies it's not their first day at the rodeo

And it will make the Redskins play harder seeing what they see in the crowd and make the fans of both team shut up lol..skins gonna kick there ass!!!

9 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

For some reason I think they are going to win this one.  

I am going to say they do a decent job plugging the middle to slowdown Elliott.  

Keenum has a big day with his young receivers and the O line holds up again fairly well.   

AP plays predictably angry and the D shows up for a full 4 quarters.

28-20 Skins

If AP is gonna run angry, he will probably be running outside the line.

Until the o-line coach can figure out how to get the guys to run block, it will be tough against anyone. I hope not but I have a feeling AP will not find many holes and will have to rely on his skillset of kicking it outside.

It also falls upon Gruden to call some formations they aren't used to seeing; its always one or the other, the Cowboys either figure out how to stop the run or the pass, and the other falls apart afterwards. This is why Gruden needs success both ways or they will tee off on Keenum.

22 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Until the o-line coach can figure out how to get the guys to run block, it will be tough against anyone. I hope not but I have a feeling AP will not find many holes and will have to rely on his skillset of kicking it outside.

It also falls upon Gruden to call some formations they aren't used to seeing; its always one or the other, the Cowboys either figure out how to stop the run or the pass, and the other falls apart afterwards. This is why Gruden needs success both ways or they will tee off on Keenum.

So with the exception of Moses and his false start **** I thought our line did a real good job against a stout Eagle D line.  I don't think the Pukes are better. Gruden has to mix things up though you are correct.  And I think he will because he has nothing to lose at this point.  Those predictable 1st down and we are going to run 67% of the time is not going to cut it in this game..  

It is up to Gruden to do something DIFFERENT - a new look especially against a team we see twice a year, every year.  Your absolutely right.

Also Manlosesky has grow a pair.  Blitz the QB bring the house a few times because what he has been doing is rushing 3, playing back, and getting burnt.  Ionnides needs to show up this week. I think Sweat will continue to grow and eventually get to the QB. The key is the line. Getting that pressure.  This to me is the game that shows the supposed strength of our D line. If it is good it will bear out this week. If it is all smoke and mirrors the same.  I think it is good.....

And the stuff DJax said really pissed me off. I mean how can a 7-9 team, almost repeatedly, have the balls to be complacent. And the more I think about it the more I think DJax was full of ****. And if we pull of some decent wins....well he has to see the Skins doesn't he.   

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, skins island connection said:

I think the Cowboys will simply want this game more than the Redskins, or at least the coaches.

Final score:

Redskins  23

Cowboys  34

I don't think the Cowboys will want it any more than the Redskins. I just think they are a better coached and more talented team. 

I think Dallas' roster is stacked and distinctly better than the Redskins.  Sadly, Cowboys are a SB threat.  And we can only dream about that here.

Yet, I don't think this team is as bad as the national media thinks it is or Vegas, draft geeks and just about everyone.  To me its an 8-8 kind of roster who will pull off some upsets.  I think this could be one of them.  Cowboys riding on a high, they are getting a lot of buzz.  Like the Redskins the Cowboys don't always handle hype and prosperity well (the Redskins version of prosperity alas is usually short lived).  And the Redskins for their faults tend to bounce back well from tough losses.

So I think the Redskins win in a squeaker.   The defense plays mad after their embarrassing debut and ditto Peterson.     And maybe we have a passing game again?

Gruden emphasized that both Guice and Allen could be back this week so many times that I think there is a 100% chance that neither will be playing.  Perhaps Nicholson as well.  And Reed.  And of course Trent.  The Cowboys will be missing Tavon Austin, who was a decoy against the Giants, and Quinn (suspension).  In other words, just about nobody.

The Cowboys love long methodical drives.  The Skins defense will be exhausted by the end of the half.  Cowboys defensive backs are much better than Philly, although their DL doesn't create as much pressure.  I just don't see any reason to believe this can end well.  Cowboys 42 - 17.

On 9/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

i hope it’s 65-35 Dallas fans. Honestly. We need that level of embarrassment for some type of change to happen at the top. The team itself will take care of the losing on field part. 

Snyder doesnt care if it is full of Cowboys fans as long as it is full. He makes his cash either way. If opponent fans in our stadium was going to force changes it would have happened 3 years ago. This debacle has been going on for years at this point.

10 minutes ago, Cougarrick said:

Isn't Peterson much more shifty back than Guice? Will Reed play? Keenum is going to keep using those TE's. I asked on here last week is Davis could still play at a high level, that question was a resounding yes.

Depends on how you define shifty.  I think Peterson has the better jump cut.  But I think at this point in their careers, Guice is the shiftier dude.  If Guice is right.  He clearly wasn't right last Sunday.  They are both basically power backs.  Peterson is bigger and more powerful.  Guice is IMO better in space -- better pass catcher and pass blocker. 

18 hours ago, skins island connection said:

Grudens ability to protect the QB and create a game plan a QB feels confident in consistently is of great value. Its not quantifiable, so it doesn’t receive much attention and obviously, the team overall is consistently average. Josh Johnson against the Titans last year was one my all time favorite games of Gruden and that was elite coaching. 

Partly why I lean in direction retaining Gruden and providing him the opportunity to work with an elite talent. Continuity is so paramount in the NFL. 

Archived