Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

The Redskins definitely need a whole new coaching staff but who is going to take a job? Gruden is a terrible HC and doesn't know how to design a game plan nor make in-game adjustments. He is too soft on his players and doesn't hold them accountable to their miscues or mistakes. Poor tackling, too many penalties and lacking any urgency.  I have been a Redskins fan since 1966 and have never seen such a poorly prepared team as this team. I have supported this team and still do but someone needs to be fired if they lose to the Giants. The players will say it is there responsibility because they are the ones playing but bad coaching will lead to losing. A game plan changes during a game and this bunch of coaches are out coached  in every aspect. 

So tell me again how this performance is Bruce Allen's fault?  Jay is a nice guy?  He is calling plays when he should be managing a game that is another embarrassment.  Penalties? Check downs short of a first down?  Dan and Bruce are horrible at what they do, but not having your team ready to play and play sloppy is all on Jay.  Communication is still an issue on defense, guess what Jay, take off your play-calling headset and do your job for a change, let those little things drop back into place and have someone else call the Offense and Defense.  This isn't working. Oh, but your a nice guy Jay and it's not your fault.

Did Jay talk to Dwayne on the sidelines at all?  I saw KCO with him on the bench talking to him.  I'm just curious, and if he didn't it just speaks to his leadership.  He is weak and needs to be gone.  Anyone at this point is not going to lead a turnaround, but having a coach such as this is bad for the team. 

3 minutes ago, Jhans76 said:

Did Jay talk to Dwayne on the sidelines at all?  I saw KCO with him on the bench talking to him.  I'm just curious, and if he didn't it just speaks to his leadership.  He is weak and needs to be gone.  Anyone at this point is not going to lead a turnaround, but having a coach such as this is bad for the team. 

All year, Gruden seems to have been pouting. He absolutely doesn't want to run Peterson or play him. He absolutely did not want to play Haskins or prepare him to be the Redskins QB. I've never seen a situation where they didn't try to make the rookie number one draft pick shine at all. There's no playbook ready to execute what Haskins does well. He's an afterthought to Gruden.

29 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

I’m officially off the keep Gruden bandwagon. He is a sickness making everything worse. No one wants to fight for him and that can’t be good for our young players.

Welcome to where you should have been 2016.  He's awful. I refuse to believe Sean McVay would not have been at least somewhat successful here.  Maybe not SB appearance successful but 1-2 playoff berths or seasons laying the groundwork for success.

Just now, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

Welcome to where you should have been 2016.  He's awful. I refuse to believe Sean McVay would not have been at least somewhat successful here.  Maybe not SB appearance successful but 1-2 playoff berths or seasons laying the groundwork for success.

Ha. I was there in 2016. I never thought Gruden should have been hired. It was only after we drafted Haskins that I thought maybe we needed him to stick around. After today, not so much.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

All year, Gruden seems to have been pouting. He absolutely doesn't want to run Peterson or play him. He absolutely did not want to play Haskins or prepare him to be the Redskins QB. I've never seen a situation where they didn't try to make the rookie number one draft pick shine at all. There's no playbook ready to execute what Haskins does well. He's an afterthought to Gruden.

Gruden is a ****, has been the entire time.  He gets too much credit for Dalton, he can design a play but he can't CALL plays and can't coach as a leader.  He's really awful and has been the entire time.  The fact that we passed on up on hiring McVay is still painful to me and I only wish Snyder were as impulsive as they used to claim because he'd have been fired 2-3 years ago and we'd at least have some hope or some ability to truly evaluate where we are now.  

Jay's overall body language at the press conference is just horrible.  He is giving off the perception he doesn't care, but it would be better if injured players were here.  At least he admitted he called a horrible game, but we all know he won't do anything to fix that (give up play calling). 

Archived