Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Can't Win With These Coaches

desertbeagle85

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you remember, Pryor was never intended to start.  He was brought in as insurance for Doctson and practiced as a backup.  

It drove be crazy because the answer was actually to basically start Ryan Grant.  Who is physically limited.  

No, Pryor was our #1.  He got targeted 11 times in the season opener.  Ryan Grant was the fourth guy, behind Doctson.  You don't pay a 4/5-ish receiver $8 M for one season. 

He tore a ligament in his ankle in that game...which is at least partially why he sucked.  

14 hours ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Fella's I'd like to introduce you to the Washington Redskins 2020 Head Coach

His name is Coach Sarduchi , he has spent the past 11 season as the Detroit Lions Equipment manager / Kickers coach . Bruce Allen and Doug Williams assure me he is the FUTURE and the FUTURE IS NOW !

giphy.gif

He does look like he knows how to pick a winner!

1 hour ago, megared said:

No, Pryor was our #1.  He got targeted 11 times in the season opener.  Ryan Grant was the fourth guy, behind Doctson.  You don't pay a 4/5-ish receiver $8 M for one season. 

He tore a ligament in his ankle in that game...which is at least partially why he sucked.  

He was brought in to support Doctson.  Go back and read all of the quotes from Jay as to why he was only working on one side of the field.  If I recall, the reason Pryor actually played in the opener is because Doctson was hurt.  I could have that wrong.  

The plan from the beginning was Doctson/Crowder on the outside, then move Crowder to the slot and Grant outside. Jay LOVED HIM some Ryan Grant. 

Quickly it became Grant on the outside as a starter opposite Doctson (when healthy).  

I probably posted about this 1,000 times. Some people would probably argue it was more.   It was one of the key cornerstones of my argument in 2017 there was no way we were going to be competitive if Grant was starting day 1.  Which, essentially, he was.  And that Jay had no idea how to get the right talent in the right spots if Ryan Grant was starting across from Doctson.  I died on that hill in 2017, I remember it vividly.  

I think we're kindof saying the same thing, though.  Whether it was Pryor or Grant, or whoever, letting DJax and Garcon go without a very legitimate plan to replace their productivity was criminal negligence.  

Am I the only one who wants to back the Brinks truck up to Rob's brother Rex's house and offer him it all to come back as a DC and give Manusky the boot?  He's the Ryan brother you want as your DC and he'd have a ton of talent to work with here. 

4 hours ago, Bang said:

~bang

Ha, never mind above, just saw this. 

6 hours ago, megared said:

I also pissed him off on accident at the team hotel in KC before Monday Night Football. So I take some credit for his suckage that year. 

6 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I also pissed him off on accident at the team hotel in KC before Monday Night Football. So I take some credit for his suckage that year. 

I'm hoping you somehow mentioned the 2 catch for 19 yard performance masterpiece he put on the week before...

6 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

im9wjl11ounsuanqvqln.jpg

If Bruce Allen is still here, there's our next head coach.

That's a perfect visual of the point I am trying to make.  If Bruce is still here then odds are good he will be heavily involved in selecting the next coach. 

Bruce's Check List

A.  Tampa Connection

B.  Get him cheap

C.  The coach would feel indebted to him

D.  Will toe the line

That picture fits all the above.   or maybe this guy

Image result for raheem morris photo

I totally understand the idea that "coaches can only coach, players have to execute."  In some ways that is true, but there is also the idea that you put your players in the best example to succeed.  I actually think Gruden is okay on this when it comes to X's & O's.  I don't really have an issue with the scheme but the lack of discipline and accountability is an issue.

With Manusky, I just see some kind of disconnect between the system he wants to run and the players on the roster, and because he refuses to figure out ways to better utilize the players, it does them no favors.   In that sense I think a coaching change could help almost immediately. 

38 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I know we kid. But seriously. Dan. Call the man. For a rare moment, we might need old Dan to rear his head and get Rex on the phone asap. 

I was screaming for Rex as DC since the minute he was fired.  

He’s a complete jackass, but he’s been a damn good defensive mind for a long time. 

24 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I know we kid. But seriously. Dan. Call the man. For a rare moment, we might need old Dan to rear his head and get Rex on the phone asap. 

I hope he does, we need the entertainment. Rex is an entertaining dude.

As far as winning anything it won't matter who he calls, hires, or picks up in his airplane or brings on his yacht.

The Redskins are going to end each and every season in comical fashion.

Dan's box full of ACME products all result in the same hilarious ending but if we can't win at least we can be entertained by the ineptitude.

Come on Dan, the fans are requesting that you throw some more of your flammable items into your dumpster fire. We know about your stash.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I totally understand the idea that "coaches can only coach, players have to execute."  In some ways that is true, but there is also the idea that you put your players in the best example to succeed.  I actually think Gruden is okay on this when it comes to X's & O's.  I don't really have an issue with the scheme but the lack of discipline and accountability is an issue.

With Manusky, I just see some kind of disconnect between the system he wants to run and the players on the roster, and because he refuses to figure out ways to better utilize the players, it does them no favors.   In that sense I think a coaching change could help almost immediately. 

I agree with all of this, but I think we vastly overrate our defensive talent here.  I think part of that stems from the fact that some of them played at Alabama, the other part stems from we've selected some of these guys high in the draft.  I think our defensive line COULD be great.  But if we are going to fall apart the second Jonathan Allen leaves the game, then we weren't that great to begin with.  I think he's a really good player, I think he could become a great one.  

Our linebackers could be good.  They need to let Sweat do his thing.  He's a hand in the dirt pass rusher and should be used as such.  This is where I agree with you, I don't think he's putting guys in the right areas to succeed.

I think our secondary is swiss cheese.  I don't have any faith in anyone to cover one on one.  I don't know if they can communicate well enough to work in a zone.  

There are some pieces to like on this defense but I think it's a good ways away from becoming a finished product.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Its true to some extent but when you only rush 3 on 3rd and 10 and still have no safety help, THAT's on coaching. I mean if guys are in position and miss open field tackles, that's on players, but Sunday to me was a 90% coaching loss.

I just wonder if Gruden is so stubborn that he'll kiss his job goodby by keeping  Manusky as DC...when will he make the change? It needs to happen today! We saw the SAME old BS against the Eagles...and NOBODY has been held accountable..just words..weak words at that.

Does anyone have any ears inside the team?? Yea Gruden's presser made a point of talking about the defensive failures..WHAT's he going to do about it?? Is Dallas the last chance for Manusky??

11 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I just wonder if Gruden is so stubborn that he'll kiss his job goodby by keeping  Manusky as DC...when will he make the change?

It's probably not his decision. He complained about the defense last year too. Why would he say us and them if it was his moronic decision?

Dan and Bruce stuck him with Hazlett, IMO too.

Maybe he hired Berry, then when that didn't work Dan and Bruce decided to cheapskate and hire a "Redskin" at the same time by promoting Manusky.

Nobody knows but that's the most believable theory considering the recent history of going cheap on anything possible.

Archived