Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

1 minute ago, Capsman said:

Don’t know about you guys, but I’m concerned about what I saw from Sweat. I know it’s one game but guy looks like he has no burst.  Not seeing the athleticism that was advertised.  

Don't disagree - didn't really see much - don't remember much of an impact.

Offense did good today with the exception of penalties.

Running game suffered, but I think Eagles Dline is good.  

Mclaurin is our number 1 iMO.

Case can lead us with the right play calling.

Defense was terrible all ga,e, blown coverages, Scheme sucked and Manusky needs to be fired. 

Secondary needs a ton of work.

32-28 was not even close to expectations. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

McLaurin, one of my guys on the draft thread, looked great. 

Holcomb looked good, too.

Keenum was suprisingly good.

But I am going to give the defense a hard time. That’s the talented unit. That’s also the smack talking unit, too. We heard them talk last year as well about how good they are.

Your boy showed out. Looks like a future Eagle.

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Polar opposite first and second  halves.  Defense couldn't get the Eagles and Wentz off the field in the second half.  Not having AP in there was huge.  Horrible mistake by Gruden.  Made a difference.

I would have had him on the 53 man but he would have made zero difference. We didn't execute on offense. We missed a 70 yard bomb to McLaurin followed by a dropped 1st down to Richardson then a dropped completion to Davis and a holding penalty.. all in 3 plays. 

Running back was irrelevant in this game. Defense couldn't adjust to djax and put us behind quickly. 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm actually happy to see Case played pretty well considering he was under pressure all second half. Outside of that bad deep miss to TM he's played pretty solid. 

Unfortunately that deep bad miss has a major impact on the result. 

7 minutes ago, Capsman said:

Don’t know about you guys, but I’m concerned about what I saw from Sweat. I know it’s one game but guy looks like he has no burst.  Not seeing the athleticism that was advertised.  

He can chase a guy down but yep, no short term burst.

Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Defense couldn't adjust to djax. 

That was the main culprit. It's not like there was tight coverage on any of his third down receptions. He was left open EVERY time. Like of all the people to lose in the secondary that's the one guy you don't. And they did it REPEATEDLY.

We absolutely need to draft CB early next year.

1 minute ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Unfortunately that deep bad miss has a major impact on the result. 

Every qb missed passes today, Case was our best player by a ridiculous amount, he was better than Wentz overall. It’s a tough job, Case was really good for us.

Imo

Going from watching Keenum to Dak (who I don't think is that good mind you)...the difference in arm talent is massive. Keenum looked good in the first half, but his arm means we are limited. Ironic since he overthrew McLaurin, but that was a rainbow. Over the middle he doesn't get a lot of heat. Haskins does and we'll see it eventually.

2 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I would have had him on the 53 man but he would have made zero difference. We didn't execute on offense. We missed a 70 yard bomb to McLaurin followed by a dropped 1st down to Richardson then a dropped completion to Davis and a holding penalty.. all in 3 plays. 

Defense couldn't adjust to djax. 

Yeah the missed bomb to McLaurin hurt.  And DJax burned us.  I wouldn't say Peterson would have made zero difference.  We obviously will never know, but our lack of a running game was painfully apparent.  Need balance on offense. 

I liked what we saw out of our young players, our deficiencies are in areas where we have aging/overpaid vets and that will eventually work itself out.

Everyone here had to know what this team was coming into this game, if you expected to see a good team then you haven't been paying attention.

Archived