TK

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

12 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Jay is a loser.

Yes he is. I just watched his post game. And he is obviously a MAJOR LOSER.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Yes he is. I just watched his post game. And he is obviously a MAJOR LOSER.

He always acts so dumb yet patronizing at the same time.

3 hours ago, 75004 said:

Maybe so,  but welcome to our reality. We see teams rebuild and win while we remain the same year after year. 

You must be new.  Cooleyfan has suffered this reality for years.  😎

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Is Quinn’s hall of fame jacket ready yet? This team is stupid, like getting rid of Garcon and Jackson in the same offseason without a plan.

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest are running this team.  Completely ridiculous to let those players go, especially in the same season.  The only two consistent players.  Just stupid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Defense lost the game today..People blaming Jay are just being ****ing because they don't like him.

He's the HC and responsible, just like the decision to keep Reed who can not play a 16 game season, which cost Davis his job, and AP being inactive when we needed him the most with a 17-0 lead.  IMO AP is the better RB. Now there is more veteran player dissatisfaction in the locker room from this stupid move.  Then to learn from this, his press conference statement that AP will be a week by week decision just alienated another good player and many veterans on our squad.  Face it, like the stats showed during the game...Gruden has 35 wins in 6 years to the Eagles Pederson who now has 30 wins in 3 years. 6 years to build a team and we are at this point..  I Could list numerous reasons for not liking Gruden but will cite the main one....He is a loser and after 6 years, enough is enough.  Lets see if he can break his previous record for using the term "correctable mistakes"during press conferences with special notice how much he uses it in the last few remaining games of the season.  Those are the one's that take the cake as the corrections never occur. Change is long overdue as it will never get better, there is no Super Bowl in Gruden's future and like they say, wins matter and you get nothing for 2nd place.  We don't even get a chance to dance.  The blame is on Allen and Gruden.  2  3rd down and 10 to go and the same man beats you twice in the same game with the same long bomb TD and that man was not worth the 3 million to keep him on your team.  He seemed pretty good for the Eagles even years later but not good enough for Gruden to keep. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

People were talking to me today like they expected me to be upset that the Skins lost. Why the **** would I be upset about that? 

That's like getting upset because your dad missed your 18th birthday after missing the first 17.

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, EBoz said:

At this point I’d settle for Wade Phillips, captain Phillips or even Wilson Phillips. 

Well if it's Wilson Phillips then they could sing their nauseating hit song "Hold on" to the defense at halftime to motivate them in the 2nd half.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rabidskin said:

He's the HC and responsible, just like the decision to keep Reed who can not play a 16 game season, which cost Davis his job, and AP being inactive when we needed him the most with a 17-0 lead.  IMO AP is the better RB. Now there is more veteran player dissatisfaction in the locker room from this stupid move.  Then to learn from this, his press conference statement that AP will be a week by week decision just alienated another good player and many veterans on our squad.  Face it, like the stats showed during the game...Gruden has 35 wins in 6 years to the Eagles Pederson who now has 30 wins in 3 years. 6 years to build a team and we are at this point..  I Could list numerous reasons for not liking Gruden but will cite the main one....He is a loser and after 6 years, enough is enough.  Lets see if he can break his previous record for using the term "correctable mistakes"during press conferences with special notice how much he uses it in the last few remaining games of the season.  Those are the one's that take the cake as the corrections never occur. Change is long overdue as it will never get better, there is no Super Bowl in Gruden's future and like they say, wins matter and you get nothing for 2nd place.  We don't even get a chance to dance.  The blame is on Allen and Gruden.  2  3rd down and 10 to go and the same man beats you twice in the same game with the same long bomb TD and that man was not worth the 3 million to keep him on your team.  He seemed pretty good for the Eagles even years later but not good enough for Gruden to keep. 

Rudeness wanted to keep DJax overruled

I still can't believe we benched Adrian Peterson for the lolz. 

Do they not understand how to mask play packages? That having multiple weapons, whether you use them actively or not, throws off the defense? No one knows how we're going to use Guice yet, so AP serves as a mix up option with the more pass-oriented CT. 

What a bunch of idiots. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

OK if its Jay, Jay, Jay being the problem then IMO people should chill and celebrate this.  I don't mean this sarcastically.  I felt the way a lot of you guys do about Jay -- about Zorn.  And I wasn't bothered at all by melt down loses during Zorn's 2nd season.    My one shot of getting rid of him was a bad season.

I simply stated a few things that are, irrefutably, the responsibility of the head coach. I don’t understand how you arrived at this response. 

I thought Jay called himself one of his best games as our HC.

83405F95-0EF9-4795-AF2A-31A5C689A29B.gif

Edited by volsmet
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, owa said:

Thought the young receivers looked good and are promising.  Case looked good at times but seemed to miss some wide open receivers.  If that continues, why not start Haskins and let him learn.  Thought Holcomb looked really good at times as well but was a mixed bag.  Still very disappointing that after halftime we basically fall apart yet again.  I'd wait to see how we do against the Cowboys but if we struggle again, go completely with a youth movement.  Our line was okay at times but geez, penalty after penalty doesn't do anyone any good.  So why not start the younger players and let them develop.

The one aspect I was really disappointed in was the running back position.  I thought Guice would fair a lot better.  As for AP,  with our current status, he deserves to be on a team that is more established.  He may have helped some but why hinder the development of some of the younger guys when we're not really going anywhere this year.  Still, I feel really bad for him and he deserves better. 

AP seems the better RB IMO.  He carries guys after the hit better and Guice seems slower than before his injury and seemed to go down easier after contact.  I think AP would have really helped extend some drives better after we were up 17-0.  He need to be on the field and Davis brought back and Reed should go the route that Doctson did and Richardson Jr along with him.  Tired of roster spots being taken by players who can't stay on the field and produce.

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I simply stated a few things that are, irrefutably, the responsibility of the head coach. I don’t understand how you arrived at this response. 

I thought Jay called himself one of his best games as our HC.

83405F95-0EF9-4795-AF2A-31A5C689A29B.gif

I am familiar with your point of view on Jay from other posts.  I hit Manusky on some things in a post not directed to you and you responded by putting my criticism on Jay's lap.    So unless I am mistaken you aren't a fan of Jay.  And if so I am simply stating what i felt in the Zorn days which was i couldn't lose either way because a loss brought things closer to his demise.  So i am just bringing that mindset here.  If you think the point doesn't apply to how you are thinking then sorry for being off. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, randyjohnson said:

Rudeness wanted to keep DJax overruled

gotcha on this but this is why I mentioned that Allen and Gruden have to go.  I believe that AP decision is on Gruden

23 minutes ago, Bacon said:

People were talking to me today like they expected me to be upset that the Skins lost. Why the **** would I be upset about that? 

That's like getting upset because your dad missed your 18th birthday after missing the first 17.

We’ve sucked for a long time and it’s been almost a Sunday ritual for me to go grocery shopping and/or pick up some food for the game on Sunday mornings for just as long.  Through so many years of suck I would encounter Skins fans while out, wearing my Skins gear and folks would prompt conversation about the upcoming game.  Regularly folks would be positive and find all sorts of reasons why we’d win.  Not anymore.  Everyone I run into is just so ho-hum, here we go again, who cares. Went to Wingstop to pick up wings for the game today and there were some Eagles fans waiting for their food, needling the cashier and the entire kitchen who were Skins fans.  No moxie or even false bravado from the group, just absorbing the barbs with no resistance.  They thought I was insane for thinking the Eagles could be rusty and the Skins could surprise today.  I was right, unfortunately they only needed two quarters to wipe off the rust.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

Gruden vs a SB winning coach in Peterson.  Should've actually seen that coming.  A guy who actually makes in game adjustments vs a guy who has to the game tape to make adjustments.  17-0 was fools gold and we saw the real thing at the end.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Bruce Allen didn't interview Wade. Bruce Allen wasn't in the room. Jay rejected Wade.

Actually it was the other way around. Wade rejected Jay (Redskins) after seeing how Jay was not interested in his coaching abilities. 

• Haha 1

Watching "fans" on here defend Gruden really goes to show you how an actual cult works... no matter how obvious it appears to everyone else, and how rational, you always find those that will never adhere to what is actually real and seem to be in their own little word.  "Its not his fault his chosen coordinator isnt any good".  "Its not the fault of the leader that he cant lead those looking to him for leadership".  "13 points is great, we will just score freak Vernon Davis TDs every week".  "Just give him more time, hes only had 16 years!". "The earth is flat".  "Jay did his job.........it was totally the fault of that OTHER part of his team that he doesnt have any control over because he only gets to chose everyone who is a part of it!".

Its kind of amazing, and scary at the same time, the psychology behind it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

Actually it was the other way around. Wade rejected Jay (Redskins) after seeing how Jay was not interested in his coaching abilities. 

That's not what Wade Phillips says. He wanted the job but Jay hired his unqualified buddy. Yes, he hated the interview process. But he already wasn't getting hired--he didn't reject us. That makes it all even worse. 

Conservative Jay sat down with Wade and said hey my team will not blitz on 3rd downs.Wade walks out the room.

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay saying “we” referring to offense and “they” for defense.

”We have too good personnel to play that way” talking about the defense.

“Attack was sound, just had 3 or 4 penalties which took us out of drives.”

blew the AP question off due to ST.  Peterson is going to be week to week... Then he was arrogant about the numbers of carries.

On 5 years of second half collapses ”i have to count on the coaches to do a better job, players do a better job”

Sometimes I dont even want that steak dinner anymore, that AP answer was one of them.  Hes too my way or the highway all the sudden for someone who never won a playoff game, nice if he had some balls last year we might of been able to keep Swearinger here.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That's not what Wade Phillips says. He wanted the job but Jay hired his unqualified buddy. Yes, he hated the interview process. But he already wasn't getting hired--he didn't reject us. That makes it all even worse. 

What i said was not from what you posted. It is what I heard on the radio as well back then. He didn't want to be here even though his son was here and would have liked to be. 

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

What i said was not from what you posted. It is what I heard on the radio as well back then. He didn't want to be here even though his son was here and would have liked to be. 

But he came for the interview. So he had interest. If he was turned off by Gruden, that's because Jay never intended to hire him and was a tool about it. I'm sure if Jay ever wanted him, it would have gone much differently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

58 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

45 minutes ago, zskins said:

42 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

But he came for the interview. So he had interest. If he was turned off by Gruden, that's because Jay never intended to hire him and was a tool about it. I'm sure if Jay ever wanted him, it would have gone much differently. 

The interview I quoted was from 2015 when Jay hired Joe Barry and Wade Phillips went to the Broncos. Both left their teams after 2016, and Wade Phillips did another "interview" with us in 2017. That was so that he could flash his new Super Bowl ring and reject us before joining McVay.

Edited by NickyJ

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The interview I quoted was from 2015 when Jay hired Joe Barry and Wade Phillips went to the Broncos. Both left their teams after 2016, and Wade Phillips did another "interview" with us in 2017. That was so that he could flash his new Super Bowl ring and reject us before joining McVay.

If he is here at that time, we probably don't let him go join McVay in a lateral move a couple years later, so I'm not sure that matters. I'm sure he's glad he was with the Broncos for that SB run.