Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

7 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You know this How? who say Bruce didn't say no? Everyone blames Bruce except when it dosen't fit their agenda..

Because Wade Phillips said so lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/wade-phillips-had-an-awkward-interview-in-washington-three-years-ago/

“I was looking forward to the possibility of us working together again. But my interview with Jay was strange, to say the least. . . . When Jay was the offensive coordinator in Cincinnati and I was with the Texans, I faced the Bengals twice in the playoffs, after the 2011 and 2012 seasons, and beat them both times — 31-10 and 19-13. I felt he knew my credentials and might have been impressed with the things we were able to do in the previous three games in which we had beaten the Bengals, including one game during the regular season.

“We watched a lot of tape of the Texans’ games versus his offense. It seemed to me a lot of the players were of when Cincinnati did well. Most of the interview was about that. I thought we should have talked more about philosophy, technique, concepts, and my record, but he was the one interviewing me.

“After the interview I told Wes of my disappointment. I felt Jay didn’t have as much regard for my coaching as I’d hoped he would. He ended up hiring Joe Barry, a friend of his, to be defensive coordinator.”

Bruce Allen didn't interview Wade. Bruce Allen wasn't in the room. Jay rejected Wade.

14 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/wade-phillips-had-an-awkward-interview-in-washington-three-years-ago/

Bruce Allen didn't interview Wade. Bruce Allen wasn't in the room. Jay rejected Wade.

I don’t know what went down during the interview but I can tell you we need a new defensive coordinator. At this point I’d settle for Wade Phillips, captain Phillips or even Wilson Phillips. 

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Since when is jay the decision maker ? Bruce runs the damn show and you know it..bruce would never allow jay to fire a coach with money on his contract

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Since when is jay the decision maker ? Bruce runs the damn show and you know it..bruce would never allow jay to fire a coach with money on his contract

So in the face of Jay Gruden running roughshod over Wade Phillips in the interview and then signing Jay's own personal friend, your proof that Jay didn't do it is because YOU feel like Bruce runs the show. Okay. In that case, I designate YOU as the person to offer a peace branch to Wade Phillips and tell him that Gruden being an ass was because Bruce held him at gunpoint. I'm sure Wade will believe you lol, go for it.

Just now, NickyJ said:

So in the face of Jay Gruden running roughshod over Wade Phillips in the interview and then signing Jay's own personal friend, your proof that Jay didn't do it is because YOU feel like Bruce runs the show. Okay. In that case, I designate YOU as the person to offer a peace branch to Wade Phillips and tell him that Gruden being an ass was because Bruce held him at gunpoint. I'm sure Wade will believe you lol, go for it.

Yet you believe every other decison that goes wrong is made by bruce?

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Yet you believe every other decison that goes wrong is made by bruce?

Yeah? The general manager has the final say on which players get hired, fire, and extended, as well as picking the head coach.

The head coach's coaching staff is picked by the coach.

Is this a trick question?

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Everyone wants to blame Jay,but i don't see it that way..The Defense has all the money and talent on that side of the ball and should be playing like it..This team lost because of the Defense.

Brother 7 points in ANY half isnt winning you games. Yes the defense completely collapsed. But so did the offense. 

Well, no point in arguing over spoiled milk; the damage was done.

So!

Now, knowing what he has regarding a defense, Manusky should be capable of understanding that the home game against Dallas is an important game for a number of reasons.

They are not shy about throwing the ball downfield, so being some players made comments about difficulty in getting the play calls changed fast enough, he now has it all in front of him.

Game film will show him exactly whats needed, and that's a good communicating secondary. But, he will stumble when it comes to the simplicities of processing whats going on in-game and it will create tension between him and the secondary and maybe the DB coach as well. Once that starts, its over.

The defense that was supposed to be the strength of this team, the one filled with a front that is considered borderline elite and loaded with linebackers and a secondary that is improved compared to those of recent years, was sent stumbling backward from the second-half kickoff.

Still, the Redskins were not downcast or confused, despite blowing a key division game on the road. They said they were frustrated about plays that didn’t happen or tackles that didn’t get made or chances to tackle Wentz that didn’t happen for whatever reason. But mostly they were encouraged.

“We came out flat in the second half,” safety Landon Collins said. The key, he continued, is to figure out why and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

....But then everything came apart. Collins said the Eagles didn’t do much different in the second half. But the lack of energy (and a second-quarter knee injury to defensive lineman Jonathan Allen) gave an opening that running backs Darren Sproles, Miles Sanders and Jordan Howard literally ran through. This allowed Wentz to start hitting receivers with key third-down passes that crushed the Redskins defense.

Later, cornerback Josh Norman would stand in the locker room shaking his head.

“It’s very frustrating because we had everything locked down. We locked it up in and out [in the first half],” he said. “It sucks, man, to have miscommunications and have blown coverages . . . just not called for.”

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/sports/even-after-a-demoralizing-collapse-redskins-remain-upbeat-about-loss-to-eagles/2019/09/08/85b96d8c-d254-11e9-9343-40db57cf6abd_story.html

Thought the young receivers looked good and are promising.  Case looked good at times but seemed to miss some wide open receivers.  If that continues, why not start Haskins and let him learn.  Thought Holcomb looked really good at times as well but was a mixed bag.  Still very disappointing that after halftime we basically fall apart yet again.  I'd wait to see how we do against the Cowboys but if we struggle again, go completely with a youth movement.  Our line was okay at times but geez, penalty after penalty doesn't do anyone any good.  So why not start the younger players and let them develop.

The one aspect I was really disappointed in was the running back position.  I thought Guice would fair a lot better.  As for AP,  with our current status, he deserves to be on a team that is more established.  He may have helped some but why hinder the development of some of the younger guys when we're not really going anywhere this year.  Still, I feel really bad for him and he deserves better.

Good game Skins.   But same expected outcome in the end even after gifting 10 points early because Defensive starters decided to not show up for 30 minutes. .   Outcome is expected from overachieving geeked up underdog team vs a real team that has sound offensive identity. Redskins look like a competitive team that will end 8-8 - ending Grudens tenure and thus back to “ Hope” for 2020 until....   

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Wait, so Robert Davis did enough to make the team, but was thought little enough of that he was immediately cut to make room to call up a practice squad TE due to Jordan Reed being out this week?

Also....AP a healthy scratch?

Gruden off to his usual hot start to begin the season.  Ugh.

We will never win with Gruden.  

7 hours ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Why is AP out?

Because Gruden and Allen are mentally challenged.  We sure could have used AP after being up 17-0 as he is a better runner by far.  To make matters worse, like every other mistake, he didn't learn from this blunder after the game was over and stated that AP being inactive would be a week by week decision.   Going by his special teams excuse for the move, just realize that this was created by Reed who can not play any game without missing time and being hurt.  I said to cut Reed and Doctson 2 years ago and Reed continues to hurt this team and costing others their jobs.  My heart goes out to Davis who belongs on the team and to AP who belongs on the field.  Lets just alienate every veteran we can, for the sake of the oft injured losers.  Every die hard Skins fan, please count the number of times Gruden says correctable mistakes at the press conferences this year.  I know he must have been over 150 last year when I got fed up.

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

so the scoreboard is going to show a much closer game than the game actually was.  Which will allow Bruce to claim “close.” And Jay to claim “a few plays here and there.”

But the Skins don’t score in the second half of the eagles were actually competing.

Gruden said in his presser that we lost because the Eagles held the ball.  WTH.   🤬🤔🙄

2 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

LOL, I know everyone loves that kid but I have to see it before I believe it.

He's getting his teeth kicked in today and I'm not surprised, maybe I should cut him some slack since he's playing a powerhouse team like the Lions.

Kyler had a nice comeback so I felt the need to give him his due, not a great stat line by any means but he made plays in the 4th Qtr when he needed too and he got his team back in the game.

Archived