Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Issues of motivation fall on the HC, issues with hiring a DC fall on the HC, issues with never scoring coming out of the half ... fall on the HC.

OK if its Jay, Jay, Jay being the problem then IMO people should chill and celebrate this.  I don't mean this sarcastically.  I felt the way a lot of you guys do about Jay -- about Zorn.  And I wasn't bothered at all by melt down loses during Zorn's 2nd season.    My one shot of getting rid of him was a bad season.

3 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Everyone wants to blame Jay,but i don't see it that way..The Defense has all the money and talent on that side of the ball and should be playing like it..This team lost because of the Defense.

Yea the pass defense is horrid. They know that Jackson had speed but still get burnt and freaking Mon hey where am i supposed to be Nicholson doesn't know where he is supposed to be so he just floats around with his head up his jazz

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If some recall, the defense often gave up a score right in the beginning of the third quarter last season -- same today. 

Yep, the sad thing is the D held Philly 3 and out on that first drive of the 2nd half but Philly went for it at their own 34 yd line and made it, it did seem to be the breaking point for the defense.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Gruden is calling the plays. What is there to be impressed by. 

I agree. But supposedly He is the "next thing" in up and coming coaches....And in all honesty. If you drop Gruden right now you get a chance to see what he has for 15 games. Before he gets stolen from us during the offseason.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Jay did his job as the OC today, Sip, but he didn’t fulfill his duties as the HC competently enough. Call a timeout & light someone up ... he doesn’t have that leadership quality from all I’ve observed.

I don't love Jay, don't hate Jay.  And I get when I enter these waters on threads like that it means that I love him because in comparison to some of these posts relatively speaking than that's how it comes off. 

But if I genuinely thought he was a big problem then I wouldn't be bothered by this at all.  My fear would be they'd do just enough to bring him back. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I agree. But supposedly He is the "next thing" in up and coming coaches....And in all honesty. If you drop Gruden right now you get a chance to see what he has for 15 games. Before he gets stolen from us during the offseason.

I'd rather do that just bc it'll either mean he innovates and has potential or is Gruden Jr. and we have a high pick and start over.

But I have no reason to believe he's anything. People just want another McVay, and he's young. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Don’t agree with Bickel much but yeah, what he said.  To all the folks doing their regular whining about adjustments, that needs be pointed in the direction of Manusky.

Yeah if people want to kill Jay for hiring Manusky today, I get that angle.  But yeah sorry I do think its pathetic for any player especially on defense to need Jay to motivate them in the 2nd half of a game where they were 10 point underdogs -- otherwise they'd come out flat.    

I think the offense was relatively good today against a real top 5 defense. 

Lets make something clear here, both Djax bombs were blown coverage or a bad defensive call.

1. No over the top safety help on a long third down and only 3 rushing. 

2. Montae can't cover two dudes breaking deep...blown coverage. 

Clean that up and we maybe wipe 14 points and a huge momentum swing.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah if people want to kill Jay for hiring Manusky today, I get that angle.  But yeah sorry I do think its pathetic for any player especially on defense to need Jay to motivate them in the 2nd half of a game where they were 10 point underdogs -- otherwise they'd come out flat.    

I think the offense was relatively good today against a real top 5 defense. 

Agreed.

If Jay has really been given an open all wallet and 100% freedom to hire whomever he wants at DC and chose Manusky and decided to stick with him after last season, that certainly falls on him.

But no rah rah locker room bull crap is saving them.

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

Defense lost the game today..People blaming Jay are just being ****ing because they don't like him.

Until my DVR quit recording late in the 4th, the Redskins had 10 offensive downs in the 2nd half.

On a side note, I liked the whole Dunbar story, but after today, I am so over him.  If I have to watch him get torched for 4 quarters again, my head will explode.

15 minutes ago, max21 said:

Case keenum threw for 380 yards?! Holy F. Just saw he’s 1 in passing so far today 

Imagine if he had any in the second half before that leisurely garbage time drive. 

13 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Defense lost the game today..People blaming Jay are just being ****ing because they don't like him.

Jay purposely didn't hire Wade Phillips. He can suck it. He owns this.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Imagine if he had any in the second half before that leisurely garbage time drive. 

Jay purposely didn't hire Wade Phillips. He can suck it. He owns this.

You know this How? who say Bruce didn't say no? Everyone blames Bruce except when it dosen't fit their agenda..

3 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Spot on from Galdi.  Kerrigan is supposed to be the veteran pass rusher.  He either runs himself out of the play or tries a bull rush that the RT easily handles.  

I've been saying for years that he doesn't have a broad set of moves or a complex rush plan that he sets up throughout the game...he's good but he's an effort guy not a technician. I said for years that he needed to develop countermoves and people get mad about it bc he compiles well by the end of the season. 

27 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We’ve seen what he has and the answer is absolutely nothing. He is totally clueless and is in way over his head as a head coach or even as a water boy. A change is needed. 

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

You know this How? who say Bruce didn't say no? Everyone blames Bruce except when it dosen't fit their agenda..

Because I read the excerpt from Wade Phillips book where he talks about his DC interview with Jay and Jay was a ****ing clown. 

Archived