Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins at Filthadumpia Game Day Thread

TK

An aggressive coaching staff has a better chance of winning than a conservative one. I go back to this years preseason game where the Redskins had a forth and goal at the one. Gruden kicks the field goal instead of going for it....in the ****ing preseason. An aggressive coach would have gone for it to continue practicing his short yardage situations. IMO, we lose many games because of the philosophy of the coach. Oh yea, he went deep to McClaurin and missed. That does mean you ****ing stop!!!! Obviously the play is there. Run the next ****ing play with PR!!! 

And I'm still livid about AP not playing. That third and short direct snap to CP up the middle was IMO one of the game changers. CP rarely breaks tackles up the middle. I believe AP would have extended that series. But 3 and outs kill you when momentum is not on your side. Gruden allows momentum to swing with the way he calls plays. And Manusky...well we're not far removed from what we all saw out of him last year. He was supposed to be fired.

1 minute ago, volsmet said:

Offense: A-

Defense: Offensive 

I kinda think they have to be broken down by half because it seemed like a completely different team played in the 2nd half. 1st half offense and defense were both A- IMO. 2nd half offense and defense were both D-. That being said, I'll also give a little bit more leeway to the defense as there's only so long you can stay on the field without getting gassed. Our offense in the second half was doing nothing but getting 3 and outs.

Lost a game 32-27 that we were supposed to lose by 10+.  It stings when you go up 17-0, however, this Eagles team is a SB contender.  Hate to say it.  But it’s true.  First game of the season is usually always closer than it should be.  Glad a lot of Philly fans probably blew money betting the +10.  A lot of positives can be taken from this game offensively.  The running game was nonexistent but in the passing game, Terry McLaurin looked great.  Josh Doctson who?

Didn’t have Jordan Reed.  Didn’t have Trent Williams.  Keenum’s stats lead you to believe he had a great game.  380 yards 3 TD’s zero INT’s.  Just a waaaaaay cheaper

Cousins honestly.  The pass rush was disappointing but Allen was hurt most of

the game.  He’s a huge piece of that front line.  Overall, disappointed, of course. 

Things I observed:

God

Tress Way 

Good

-Impressed by Kevin O'Connell, just fire Gruden now and promote him

-Case looked sharp, he felt the pocket better than Kirk ever could and almost went for 400.

-McLaurin is special, his hands and ball tracking ability are freakish. 

Not so good

-Gruden. Dude come on, where is the fire? The killer instinct? He coaches like he doesn't trust Manusky. 

-Penalties (Tin foil hat, but that game wasn't called evenly). 

-Injuries. This is bizarro world at this point. 

Steam Pile

-Run Blocking and Guice. Guice looks small and not very fast. He needs a good line to be successful I think

-Josh Norman... he is a big reason for this loss, but not biggest. Last but not least...

-GREG MANUSKY! Get the **** out of DC, holy **** you are by far the dumbest defensive coordinator I've ever seen. 3 man rush with no safety help on a 3rd and long? He has consistently let down our defense and takes the wind out of their sails. He needs to be fired immediately, anyone would be an improvement. (**** no to Rob Ryan btw)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At least some of yall were brainwashed into this madness by your families (though they were good back then). I willingly chose these miscreants.

What, pick the Dolphins instead? I saw that final score today, I'll take this nonsense over that :ols:

My dad never got me anything Redskins until I was in high school, he was worried if he tried to force me watch them suck I'd get turned off, calculated risk

14 minutes ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

This franchise sucks. Today sucked to watch in the 2nd half

Not sure how I can pass the Redskins on to my kids

No choice..they were borned for this as I was..as my kids were..dust off your chin get ready for the cowboys and hail on!!

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Lost a game 32-27 that we were supposed to lose by 10+.  It stings when you go up 17-0, however, this Eagles team is a SB contender.  Hate to say it.  But it’s true.  First game of the season is usually always closer than it should be.  Glad a lot of Philly fans probably blew money betting the +10.  A lot of positives can be taken from this game offensively.  The running game was nonexistent but in the passing game, Terry McLaurin looked great.  Josh Doctson who?

Didn’t have Jordan Reed.  Didn’t have Trent Williams.  Keenum’s stats lead you to believe he had a great game.  380 yards 3 TD’s zero INT’s.  Just a waaaaaay cheaper

the game.  He’s a huge piece of that front line.  Overall, disappointed, of course. 

IMO we lost that game by 12 points. That last TD drive was completely and utterly meaningless so I mostly ignore it. The Eagles more or less didn't give a **** as long as it ate up the remainder of the clock and just let us dink and dunk and move down the field as long as there were no huge plays. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

IMO we lost that game by 12 points. That last TD drive was completely and utterly meaningless so I mostly ignore it. The Eagles more or less didn't give a **** as long as it ate up the remainder of the clock and just let us dink and dunk and move down the field as long as there were no huge plays. 

Yep this game was a blowout.  

4 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No.  Not even close. Philly couldn’t even sustain a drive the first quarter.  Philly won’t even win the division.  The coaches blew it. 

Archived