Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cutdown Thread and Modified 53. Tanner Vallejo added, Roster full (I think for real this time?)

Voice_of_Reason

4 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Are we only going with only one backup tackle?  Geron barely can play left tackle and I don’t think he got any reps at right. I was hoping Timon Parris would make it. 

Given the circumstances, that does seem really way off.

So, I'm gonna go with "Incoming Player".

Remember, we still technically have a couple roster spots open

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McLaurin, Richardson, Quinn, Harmon, R. Davis, S. Sims. 

Outside of Richardson, that’s a mighty young and inexperienced group. I like that the coaches chose the players who played the best... I think these guys will be just fine. 

Seriously though good luck to Perrine and Doctson, for some reason I feel relieved they are finally gone even though I'm sure they are good people and its nothing personal.

We just needed a fresh start with some young blood and we definitely have that now, would have liked to see Cam part of the team but you gotta make those catches.

3 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

Outside of Richardson, that’s a mighty young and inexperienced group. I like that the coaches chose the players who played the best... I think these guys will be just fine. 

Good news is the guy throwing the ball to them is experienced, which should make up for some of that WR greenness. That could be part of the reason Haskins doesn't start right away ; maybe not a great idea to have a rookie QB throwing to a bunch of rookie WR's.

28 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

I can't help but think of this when I read your post:

this-is-fine.0.jpg

My worry about the WRs is that they're all so young an inexperienced that they'll be easily shut down by teams with decent DBs, meaning they can then stack the box on almost every play to stop the run. I like the potential of our young guys but they've literally done nothing in the NFL and have pretty much never gone up against starting caliber NFL DBs in a game situation. The upside is there but the reality is that most of our squad are low round draft picks or UDFAs. The hit rate there isn't good. 

2 hours ago, Skinarchy said:

Who are your PS hopefuls? 

Me:

Blunt

Cam Sims

Bee

Edit: Reeves

My head scratcher is 

B Marshall...i think he had a rotten pre...

If they cut Love, I’m going to vomit

Love is on the PUP List.

He won't be cut, and should be eligible to return week 7.

1 hour ago, carex said:

so, I saw something earlier that said Holtz was also going to get the final roster to IR treatment Wilson and Brailford got?  Did that turn out not to be true?

I thought Holtz has to clear waivers by tomorrow but Wilson and Brailford are on the 53 and can go on IR which will free up 2 more spots. But I’m not 100% sure

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Seriously though good luck to Perrine and Doctson, for some reason I feel relieved they are finally gone even though I'm sure they are good people and its nothing personal.

Yeah it's like the scab that finally falls off. 

Add:  The act of heading to the cut trash heap to upgrade is equal to

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

My worry about the WRs is that they're all so young an inexperienced that they'll be easily shut down by teams with decent DBs, meaning they can then stack the box on almost every play to stop the run. I like the potential of our young guys but they've literally done nothing in the NFL and have pretty much never gone up against starting caliber NFL DBs in a game situation. The upside is there but the reality is that most of our squad are low round draft picks or UDFAs. The hit rate there isn't good. 

I think that would have been the case anyway. At least now, we have a chance to have some of them shine and prove teams wrong. Even if they don't, I don't think we are any worse off than we would have been otherwise.

Archived