Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 nfl cuts and who we should be interested

PartyPosse

Just now, Poindexter said:

lol.....I really enjoy the humor but in reality I though Cam and especially Adonis would get a look.  I hope they both can find a spot on the 53 really soon.

Agreed, I thought both would latch onto another team, but I admit I am also guilty of overhyping our own young guys.  More often than not, they don't perform as well as I thought they'd do when they move on, or they get bypassed altogether.

As far as the wrs decisions, I was surprised s sims made it, and I'm not losing any sleep over doctson getting cut or cam sims potentially getting claimed off our PS.  The one thing was if we cut Harmon, I would've started sharpening the pitchfork.  So all in all I can live with the decisions as far as wrs go.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Cam hasn't done anything special. He might look good in training camp, but teams don't send scouts over to Redskins training camp. He dropped 2 balls in the last preseason game. I don't care what all these people say about it being one game. Those drops hurt him and if any other team saw it. I'm sure it hurt him with those teams as well. Personally I think he's just turned into a fan favorite and really isn't that good.

Please fire up the DVR and re watch the preseason.

Cam Simms flashed all kinds of upside...all you can ask for from a young WR, getting his feet wet..

33 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Isn't he right now considered the #1 QB coming out?

sorry I was slightly inebriated last night...and was being a lil' silly with my Jerry Rice and Tua comments...but I do think they love what they are seeing with McLaurin and I think Tua is a wee bit overrated...

7 minutes ago, Skinarchy said:

Please fire up the DVR and re watch the preseason.

Cam Simms flashed all kinds of upside...all you can ask for from a young WR, getting his feet wet..

5-66 in 4 games isn't worth turning on the DVR for. Also at least 2 drops. Again I'm not sure what some of you guys are seeing from him.

9 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

The former first rounders I'm not as surprised about since they do carry  a higher base salary (except Lynch, who had previously been waived). So unless you're really sold on a guy, might be easier to try and sign them after waivers. But guys like Polite I am surprised about. Not one team wants to a take a flyer on him? I'm sure he'll sign somewhere, but the salary differences are pretty minimal. Keelan Doss seemed to have the Hard Knocks hype effect.

12 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

5-66 in 4 games isn't worth turning on the DVR for. Also at least 2 drops. Again I'm not sure what some of you guys are seeing from him.

Not to mention, the other Simms was making highlight reel TD catches and great special teams plays.  This wasn’t close if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Polite went from a potential top ten pick to free agent in 6 months. That’s gotta be some kinda record

Looks like he's signing with the Seahawks PS. If he can't get it together there, he's screwed. He may still have a chance to figure it out and put in the work, but chances are slim. 

7 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Not to mention, the other Simms was making highlight reel TD catches and great special teams plays.  This wasn’t close if you ask me.

I agree for the last game, but the 1st 3 games Steve Simms didn't do much either. I believe his special teams play gave him the edge though.

17 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Jeez Garnett turned out to be that bad? 

I think we definitely should give him a look!  A power blocker, drafted under an old regime, then forced into a zone blocking run game.  I think he is worth looking at, and if we had to carry 10 OL for a few weeks to see how he does, we can easily whittle down to 4 RBs.  

4 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I think we definitely should give him a look!  A power blocker, drafted under an old regime, then forced into a zone blocking run game.  I think he is worth looking at, and if we had to carry 10 OL for a few weeks to see how he does, we can easily whittle down to 4 RBs.  

I agree with you. Even 4 RBs is a waste imo

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Smallwood seems like a better, or at least healthier, Marshall

I'm an Eagles fan. Smallwood tends to get a bad rap around here. A lot of fans have complained about his very existence, but he's been a decent player for the most part. There have been individual games where he's been forced to carry the load and did well. The guy runs hard and finishes his runs. Not especially elusive. Doesn't really create on his own. Will get what's blocked for him. Adequate blocker. Not a great receiver but will make the plays. Can return kickoffs. In fact, he had a TD return against the Redskins his rookie year. I always kinda liked him.

He would probably have made it as the team's fifth back this year ahead of Josh Adams, but they had some roster management issues at other positions that they had to deal with. Went heavy at OL and DL (they're strong there and had to keep the quality talent) and had to carry an extra QB and LB because of injuries. So they went short at RB, WR, and TE.

I wish him well except when y'all play the Eagles.

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

Apparently a total of 36 players were claimed off of waivers, with the Cardinals and Dolphins each claimed a league high 5 players. Since the Cards have the first waiver claim, they'd get everyone they claimed.

I've been a fan for over 35 years and yet I never realised that waivers worked like that. For some reason I always thought that if a team takes a player off waivers then they automatically get put at the back of the queue.

Its hilarious to see how idiotic fans can be (I’m guilty of this too). Just go to any youtube video of a player who just got drafted or claimed off waivers and you’ll see fans of that team gush over them. For example, Eagles fans claiming Smallwood was similar to Shady smh.

26 minutes ago, dyst said:

Its hilarious to see how idiotic fans can be (I’m guilty of this too). Just go to any youtube video of a player who just got drafted or claimed off waivers and you’ll see fans of that team gush over them. For example, Eagles fans claiming Smallwood was similar to Shady smh.

It's a rule. Any college player with a youtube highlight reel is going to be a solid pro player for years to come

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

The former first rounders I'm not as surprised about since they do carry  a higher base salary (except Lynch, who had previously been waived). So unless you're really sold on a guy, might be easier to try and sign them after waivers. But guys like Polite I am surprised about. Not one team wants to a take a flyer on him? I'm sure he'll sign somewhere, but the salary differences are pretty minimal. Keelan Doss seemed to have the Hard Knocks hype effect.

the basis of the XFL in the next few months

I know Doctson was hurt for the first two years and then wasn't thrown to much the following 2 years but damn Laquon Treadwell is still available after being cut. I know some wanted him over Doctson. So two WR taken back to back in 2016 are waiting for someone to pick them up. I feel a little better now. 

Archived