Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2019 nfl cuts and who we should be interested

PartyPosse

7 hours ago, TheShredder said:

They'll have 2 firsts and 2 seconds, so if they plan on getting Tua and the top LT that's pretty much locked up with this move.

That's if they tank and get the number 1 pick. If they don't they'll have to move up to get Tua and might not have the pick to get the LT. They should be in good position to tank though. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:30 PM, Califan007 said:

I'm officially ready to declare Scot's time in Washington a failure lol...

And yet, his time here produced the only two winning seasons the team has had since 2012. 

People get too caught up in the black and white when talking about SM. It's assumed you either have to be fully in the "He was god" camp or "He was a drunk failure" camp. There's plenty of room in between. 

In retrospect, SM was the wrong hire, mainly because of his personal problems, but his hiring was the right idea. What he did bring to the team was something Allen and the previous FO structure never had: a sense of what it takes to build a team, to make guys want to play for you, to make them feel like you actually care about them. That does wonders for a team, even with some bad decisions in the draft.

I think the team has actually learned some good lessons from the success they had under SM. He may not have ultimately been the right man for the job, but, despite the stench of BA still permeating the team, they've upgraded some good people like Williams to have more influence and interaction with the players; Most importantly, there's been the rise of Kyle Smith (promoted by Williams in 2017) and the parting of ways with Scott Campbell, etc. Smith's influence has been highly credited for both of the last two draft classes. 

So yeah, some of SM's top picks haven't worked out. But to call his time here a "failure", given the record during his tenure and the apparently positive changes that came from the experience, is incredibly short-sighted. 

10 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

Looks like Samaje has signed with the Bengals

Browns pick up Malik Jefferson....they just seems to stockpile talent.

Looks like we picked up Wendell Smallwood.....not overly excited but another body

Not sure why we would want Smallwood. RB is the one position we don't need.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Kiko Alonso was traded this morning for another LB

Yep the Saints traded for him.

9 hours ago, Stefanskins said:

who wants Tua?..hes a bust from a mile away...crazy

Isn't he right now considered the #1 QB coming out?

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

What no one claimed him. From some of the fans talk here. I thought he was the next Randy Moss.🙄

Can Sims is a hot commodity, Texans offered three first round picks for him, but Bruce said I'd rather cut him and put him on the practice squad.  Savvy move brucey boy.

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Not sure why a move to the practice squad means you're happy for him. It would have been better if some other team picked him up. So he could actually play.

I think he meant he was happy that the guy isn't unemployed lol

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Can Sims is a hot commodity, Texans offered three first round picks for him, but Bruce said I'd rather cut him and put him on the practice squad.  Savvy move brucey boy.

lol.....I really enjoy the humor but in reality I though Cam and especially Adonis would get a look.  I hope they both can find a spot on the 53 really soon.

3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Pretty sure the guy was always going to be on our pratice squad if no one else picked him up. 

And he made our PS because the head coaches told him to drop three duck passes in a row. Brilliant work coaches! HaHa! 

Glad he made it through, he will play this season

1 minute ago, Poindexter said:

lol.....I really enjoy the humor but in reality I though Cam and especially Adonis would get a look.  I hope they both can find a spot on the 53 really soon.

Cam hasn't done anything special. He might look good in training camp, but teams don't send scouts over to Redskins training camp. He dropped 2 balls in the last preseason game. I don't care what all these people say about it being one game. Those drops hurt him and if any other team saw it. I'm sure it hurt him with those teams as well. Personally I think he's just turned into a fan favorite and really isn't that good.

Archived