Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Case Keenum Named Week 1 Starter

desertbeagle85

22 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Smith won games with a pedestrian roster by being smart with the ball, like taking a sack when appropriate, throwing it out of bounds, taking what the defense gives him and not turning it over. I think we'll see Case make bad plays where Alex would not have. 

This post makes me happy.

It's nice when Smith gets acknowledged for what he brought to this team last season.

Boring, low stakes, pedestrian, run of the mill, mediocre statistic/abysmal to watch offense... BUT he controlled the clock, kept the ball in Redskin possession and made smart decisions in important situations that helped the Redskins start the way they did.

I didn't think it was a coincidence that when he went down other stuff started to snowball and roll down hill faster and faster.

As I mentioned above, Smith and this offense were NOT fun to watch. But the team won. And a very, very, very large part of that should be credited to Smith. And I'll take boring and winning over exciting and losing any day. But, damnit, I do have standards. I will never be okay with boring AND losing! :ols:

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

What are you saying ?

That's your "dream team" ? 😀

DUH, Flowers is a beast.  Most consistent LG in the league and Case might have the quickest release/ strongest arm in the league ;)  Cox in company better watch out

4 hours ago, amm0409 said:

DUH, Flowers is a beast.  Most consistent LG in the league and Case might have the quickest release/ strongest arm in the league ;)  Cox in company better watch out

Flowers is a big dude.  If he can get low there is no reason he cant manhandle people.  From what I heard, his problems are when an opposing d-lineman does not line up over top of him.  IE stunts and slants but man to man he should be able to hold his ground.  Hopefully Penn can help him out with that. 

Between Flowers/Martin I think OCKOC would be well served to get those guys firing off the ball more often than not, early on. And then classic kill the D with play action. Or, if that is still too risky, do some boots/roll right/quick passes, get yards thought the air in the safest way possible for week 1.

On 8/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Well not really. He played just 10 games in 2016 and threw 11 picks and fumbled 5 times. Last year, he played all 16, threw 15 picks, and fumbled 11 times. 

2017 really saves his numbers cuz he only threw 7 picks and fumbled once. But when you back further, that looks like the outlier

I'm not saying he is great but he had no chance in Denver and was 100% the scapegoat. For all his good play in minnesota he had the opposite in denver. It is reasonable to expect an average of the two. 

We have a shot this year with him at qb and while I think a 12-4 minny 17' is a very low probability, we could very easily be playoff contenders.

If our oline holds up..which it probably wont. 

Haskins gets another workout game to play and develop some positive experience then we to get on the Case bandwagon and hope he can enable a smart ball control offense that produce 20+ points and minimizes our opponent to fewer possessions so the stronger unit, the defense, has a chance to hold opponent to less than 20.  That is a narrow margin error but we a have punchers chance of doing this if the OL can hold together.

i am going into the season determined to be optimistic that they will be able to somehow scratch out 9 wins and win a weak division,  upsetting Philly is the key.  If we can steal this game and gets some momentum then a 3-2 start is possible.  It's not the problem outcome but it is at least conceivable.  Let's hope for that until hoping day!

D jax has a broken finger..I dont recall seeing any reports saying wentz is 100 and ready to roll...keep guice an ap rollin with some play action with a little bit of mclovin sprinkled in, we upset philly week 1..I'm sticking with it..can't wait for the prediction thread to start!!

On 8/25/2019 at 10:13 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

I am expecting the starting receivers to be McLaurin, Quinn, and Richardson...if not Game 1, then soon thereafter.

I would not be surprised if Doctson is cut or traded. Most likely demoted.

Quinn has far exceeded the expectations of a 7th rounder. He is a Route-Running Mozart and workhorse, who has impressed everyone who has laid eyes on him.

The same could be said for McLaurin. Just without the year under his belt like Quinn has, but more physical talent than Quinn.

Richardson, if he can stay healthy, is supposedly a poor-man's DJax.

I mean, I like the optimism about McLaurin and Quinn...but the reality is that McLaurin has caught 0 balls in the NFL and Quinn has caught 9. I'm not saying they don't have lots of potential and talent but we've hardly seen them even play outside of some clips from camp and, in Quinn's case, a few games last year. I think it's a bit much to call them both route-running Mozarts and assume it's only a matter of time before they become studs. I feel like if we assume that, we could be setting ourselves up for disappointment. 

15 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I agree with sitting Haskins out for the year, but McCoy maybe taking over this year when his leg gets better? McCoy proved to me last year that he's nothing but a backup. Has Gruden lost his mind?

It's worded vaguely enough that it could mean one of two ways: 1. McCoy starts when he's back, no questions asked. 2. If Keenum plays poorly, McCoy gets to start instead of giving it to Haskins.

I hate the first option; the second one doesn't make me happy, but I can understand it.

• 3 weeks later...

Our #1 QB, the leader of team, who also is playing literally stat-wise as a Top 10 QB, doesn't even have his own dedicated thread, whereas many "much-lesser" players do have one. Hard to believe.

5 TD's, Zero INT's, 111.2 QBR, 69% Completions, averaging 300 yards in the 2 games. I don't think he's fumbled either.

He's easily exceeded everyone's expectations and been a bright spot.

Easily Top 10, and close to Top 5 in many aspects.

I know it's early, but in a way, that's even more impressive, that he's come in here in his first year, and learned the offense so quick, and if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't have a history with our coaches, or not much if any.

Imagine how much better he'll get, once he gets even more in a groove

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Our #1 QB, the leader of team, who also is playing literally stat-wise as a Top 10 QB, doesn't even have his own dedicated thread, whereas many "much-lesser" players do have one. Hard to believe.

5 TD's, Zero INT's, 111.2 QBR, 69% Completions, averaging 300 yards in the 2 games. I don't think he's fumbled either.

He's easily exceeded everyone's expectations and been a bright spot.

Easily Top 10, and close to Top 5 in many aspects.

I know it's early, but in a way, that's even more impressive, that he's come in here in his first year, and learned the offense so quick, and if I'm not mistaken, he doesn't have a history with our coaches, or not much if any.

Imagine how much better he'll get, once he gets even more in a groove

We should have targeted a Case Keenum long ago....traded Kirk & left Smith be. Eventually we backed into finding out that these dudes are all the same, just pay the one nobody wants and protect him until you find the special young QB in the draft.

Archived