Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome Problem ; How do you say we split the carries ?

Malapropismic Depository

I wonder how our run blocking will be. I think our left side may actually be run stronger. Certainly letting Flower fire off and Penn bulldoze will be a new run look for us.   Maybe we will see more power this year and be better at it. Trents not a dozer.

I flashed back to Reggie Brooks early in his career going 80 but it was the peak of his career. I want to see Guice punk our other division backs.

No idea if AP will be active but would love to see him AND Guice on the field at the same time.  Phil will have NO idea what is going to happen.   Probably call time out. Wusses.

Everyone except Brady and Gore face a diminishing role if they just keep playing on and on. Its just a matter of when someone seizes an opportunity or a coach wants to test someone new. Few finish on top as they retire. An eased load could prolong APs career significantly. IMO his salary reflects an expected lighter workload. He is cheap - backup money.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

90 more reasons, that AP should be active against Philadelphia Eagles

THAT, is the best reason I have heard to not give Guice the mailbag just yet.  I would say AP haunts their dreams only we probably lost that day.  :ols:

Heh Buzz kill I forgot that AP didn't get 100 yards that day. WTF.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, so much for "splitting" the carries.

AP needs to be active next week and get some playing time for sure.

I disagree

The coaching and offensive line has to be better. AP would've struggled today as well. Lets not act like the Eagles defensive line isn't good. 

3 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Not a single rushing 1st down in that game. Not a single 1st down on the ground. Let that sink in.

You guys do realize that the Skins ran the ball 13 times total. That's between Guice and Thompson. So we should be looking at the coaching. Not the run game

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Well, so much for "splitting" the carries.

AP needs to be active next week and get some playing time for sure.

Yep Guice can have 5 carrries and Peterson can have 5 carries. Should work out great. 🙄

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I disagree

The coaching and offensive line has to be better. AP would've struggled today as well. Lets not act like the Eagles defensive line isn't good. 

You guys do realize that the Skins ran the ball 13 times total. That's between Guice and Thompson. So we should be looking at the coaching. Not the run game

Agreeing with both points, for the most part. Although I do think AP gets a bit more success if he were playing/starting, but probably not enough to make much of a difference. But the Eagles may have feared Peterson more than Guice and played the Skins a little differently if nothing else.

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

That's exactly what I was alluding to, hoss. It's like in that game last year when AP had the 90-yard TD. Dude STILL finished the game with less than 100 yards. That TD run was in the 2nd quarter.

Just now, skinzplay said:

That's exactly what I was alluding to, hoss. It's like in that game last year when AP had the 90-yard TD. Dude STILL finished the game with less than 100 yards. That TD run was in the 2nd quarter.

Exactly that's why Jay has to go. He's a bad coach and it isn't changing. Just like his press conferences don't change. Same damn thing every year. 

7 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I suspect they had a pretty big lack of confidence in the left side of the OL.  Of those 13 carries, I think they ran left only twice.  So you've got one side of the OL that doesnt exist in the run game.  That makes it that much harder against a Philly D that was top-10 against the run last year.

9 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I disagree

Yep Guice can have 5 carrries and Peterson can have 5 carries. Should work out great. 🙄

That's exactly the reason why AP should be in there.

He can compensate for all the disadvantages you mentioned above.

Just look at what he did last year. Over 1000 miles in that shambled offense.

He should be in there for the same reason Keenum should be starting.

His veteran skills are savvy enough to to make up for a hurting OL, and facing a menacing defensive line.

AP truly knows how to make something out of nothing.

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That's exactly the reason why AP should be in there.

He can compensate for all the disadvantages you mentioned above.

Just look at what he did last year. Over 1000 miles in that shambled offense.

He should be in there for the same reason Keenum should be starting.

His veteran skills are savvy enough to to make up for a hurting OL, and facing a menacing defensive line.

AP truly knows how to make something out of nothing.

If Peterson gets 10 carries like Guice did today. He won't do anything. RBs need work and Guice didn't get any. Peterson is also a guy that needs work. 

15 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Exactly. When the Eagles gashed us in the middle because of a stupid formation, they called the damn play four times in a row until we stopped it. It earned them a goal to go.

We get a 95 yard run and then decide they'll be expecting a run so why bother trying.

29 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Agreeing with both points, for the most part. Although I do think AP gets a bit more success if he were playing/starting, but probably not enough to make much of a difference. But the Eagles may have feared Peterson more than Guice and played the Skins a little differently if nothing else.

I don't think the Eagles fear anything the Skins do. They proved that today when they went for 2 instead of going up by 8 with a extra point. Peterson is only on the team, because Guice got hurt last year. I like Peterson, but Guice will be the better back this year. With that being said every back except maybe Barry needs a offensive line. The line didn't play the best today when it comes to opening up running lanes. Morgan was awful all day. 

11 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I don't think the Eagles fear anything the Skins do. They proved that today when they went for 2 instead of going up by 8 with a extra point. Peterson is only on the team, because Guice got hurt last year. I like Peterson, but Guice will be the better back this year. With that being said every back except maybe Barry needs a offensive line. The line didn't play the best today when it comes to opening up running lanes. Morgan was awful all day to day. 

They know what Peterson can do, and if they're even slightly football smart they will respect it in how they play him. They don't know at all what Guice can do, so it's more a default mode defense against him. And only fans think nothing the Skins can do worries opposing coaches lol...if that were the case there would be no reason for opposing defenses to ever make halftime adjustments. 

And I think going for two actually make a case that they did fear (well, respect) what the Skins can/could do....or else why even bother trying to go up an extra point? If you don't fear what the opposing offense can do there's no fear that they'll score a TD, nonetheless a TD and a 2-pt conversion.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The way Gruden is talking on this subject it sounds like AP is only here as an insurance policy for if/when other guys get injured.  This is idiotic.

They speculated on the postgame show that Peterson might not be active next week.

I'm not sure who's decision making this is.  I don't know if it's all Jay or a combo of Jay and Bruce...or Jay, Bruce and Dan.  Ugh.  This is past idiotic.  Idiotic left the train station this morning.  

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

The way Gruden is talking on this subject it sounds like AP is only here as an insurance policy for if/when other guys get injured.  This is idiotic.

He sounds a bit disrespectful about it too.  I think AP has earned a little coach-speak to not talk about him like that.  

I feel bad for AP.  He only has a few productive years left, and Gruden is content to let him languish in street clothes.  

Almost seems like out of pettiness if those rumors he wanted to cut him are true.  Like "well, if I cant cut him, I'm just not gonna play him."

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When you've got the luxury of 2 great backs, you play them both. Especially if one of them is struggling.

How can you say Guice was struggling?

He has 3 carries his 1st drive and 7 the rest of the game. You might want to give the man the ball some more. If anything the offensive line was struggling. Peterson would've hit the same wall today. Neither are great backs by the way. Peterson was a great back and Guice needs to prove he can play in this league. Either way I'm team Guice and everyone will see why that is as the year goes on. That's if Jay feeds him a little more.  

Archived