Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Your 2019 Redskins Predictions

88Comrade2000

Poll:The Skins 2019 record  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: What is the Skins 2019 Record?

• 19-0: Superbowl Champs- Undefeated
    • 18-1
    • 17-2
    • 16-0: Undefeated regular Season
    • 15-1
    • 14-2
    • 13-3
    • 12-4
    • 11-5
    • 10-6
    • 9-7
    • 8-8
    • 7-9
    • 6-10
    • 5-11
    • 4-12
    • 3-13
    • 2-14
    • 1-15
    • 0--16: Winless

I don't expect anything to happen next Thursday to alter the team; since it's mostly backups playing.

So, it's time for your 2019 Redskins predictions.

Vote in the poll and Predict whatever you want:

Our record?

Games we will win or lose?

Will Trent ever play for the Skins again?

Will Jay finally be fired?

When will Haskins start?

Which RB will he our leader rusher?

Paloffs?

I am sure you all can come up with more stuff to predict. Predict away.

37 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So, this thread kindof already exists with 100 replies.  

I'm no mod, but the original thread also had a poll. Maybe a new thread is ok for "after pre-season?" version, however you might want to add a poll...

Just a thought. 

I added the poll and you can comment again. Took me a minute to figure out to not click "the poll only option" if I wanted comments also.  Been a while since I created a poll.

This thread is more than just predicting the record, as some of questions in the original thread suggested.

Our record - 10 - 6

Will Trent ever play for the Skins again. Nope. We will trade him for a 5th rounder and pick a tall WR who will be a TCamp sensation.

Will Jay finally be fired. I hope not, but probably yes. Seriously, I LOVE the long-term vision as long as we draft OL next april.

When will Haskins start. Week 3

Which RB will he our leader rusher. AP will get 75 more yards than Guice. AP 1389yards vs. Guice wth 1309.

Paloffs. Yes 

We will have 3 1000 yd receivers. Cam Sims, Terry Mc, and K. Harmon.

Sweat will have the most sacks with 14, Kerrigan will have 13, and Payne will be a consensus All Pro.

Record 7-9.   Its just who we are

Trent won't play for the Skins but will play for another team.

Jay will move on after the season

Haskins will start final two games once the Skins are eliminated from playoffs and win one of them.

AP leads after first 8 games.  Guice takes over lead in final game.

No Paloffs 

Final prediction - this thread is merged with the other one.

I think what exacerbates the situation is that you have a coach in his final year of their contract who is in the hot seat and has pressure to win now, however that just isn't what this roster is right now.  This team is in a transition.  Their best LT is likely gone, the Week 1 starter (supposedly) is at best a stop gap, at worst a guy who's only good season was with a team full of playmakers.  If he fails, then the job is being handed over to a rookie that the coaches don't think is ready. The 2019 team is more suited to just take their medicine and forget about wins/losses and just let the youngest players with the most potential play things out, getting their reps, learning their schemes and lessons, improving etc etc....but Gruden can't afford to take that approach from Week 1.

Honestly, Gruden had his shot....this team has been stuck in neutral since 2015.   The final two seasons of the Kirk Cousins era were Wild Card caliber teams that couldn't get the job done in the biggest moments that meant playoffs or go home.  For me, that sealed Gruden's fate as not head coach material. I am not necessarily blaming everything on Gruden (you can't) but I also don't see any evidence of him being an architect of anything that made the team better.  If your answer to that is his scheme on offense, well good, demote him to O-coordinator and bring in a legitimate Head Coach.

3 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Our record?

6-10. 

Bad start, average middle, bad finish. 

The team has 9-7/10-6 talent, and a playoff defense.  But they don’t have playoff level coaching.

Will Trent ever play for the Skins again?

No. But Bruce is going to screw this up and we won’t get proper compensation.

Will Jay finally be fired?

Yes.  Mod season so Bruce can scapegoat him.

When will Haskins start?

Only after Gruden is fired and Skins are eliminated.

Which RB will he our leader rusher?

AP

Paloffs?

Paloffs are not now.

This thread is more than just predicting the record, as some of questions in the original thread suggested.

My thread was the regular season record the Skins will have. Your thread just added the playoffs and SB stuff. If you had searched, like I do, you would have seen that a prediction thread with a poll already exists. I am no mod but don't think mods like to have multiple threads on the same topic. It is up to the mods if they want to keep this thread. It really doesn't matter to me. 

I'm going with 7-9, but heck, this team has to surprise us one of these years.  I liked what I saw from the defense last night, even though not having Julio out there made it easier on them. And even though he won't have the same level of talent to throw to that he did in Minnesota in 2017, I think Case can make some things happen with this crew. Looking forward to seeing what some of these other receivers can do.

Oops. i forgot to look. The mods will do what they feel is best.

Here's my week by week prediction:

@ Eagles - Skins come at flat, we lose: 0-1

Cowboys- If Zeke plays, they blow us out. Otherwise, we make his backup: T. Pollard look like a HOFamer. Boys still win: 0-2

Bears- We get crushed on MNF at home: 0-3

@Giants- Keenum is benched at halftime. Haskins plays the second half and leads us to a comeback win: 1-3.

Patriots- Keenum still starts and get blow out. Worse loss of season: 1-4

Keenum is benched for good and Haskins makes his first start.

@Dolphins- close heartbreaking loss: 1-5

49ers- Haskins wins in his second start: 2-5.

@Vikings-  Cousins gets his revenge, we lose: 2-6.

Snyder has had enough and Gruden is fired the next day. Bill Callahan is named interim coach.

@ Bills - We lose a close one: 2-7.

Bye

Jets- We have the the best game of the year and take out all our frustrations on the Jets. We win: 3-7.

Lions-  We wins 2 games in a row: 4-7

@Panthers-  Winning streak ends, we lose: 4-8

@Packers-  We lose again: 4-9

Eagles- They sweep us: 4-10

Giants- We sweep the Giants: 5-10

@Dallas- Haskins beats the Boys on a last minute TD: 6-10.

So, I have us finishing 6-10. Jay fired after the Vikings game. Haskins starting with the Dolphins game.  Trent will hold out the entire season & Bruce will botch the trade compensation we get for him next year.   Guice will be the leading rusher because I think some other RB needy team will trade for Adrian during the season. We will get an offer, we can't say no to. 

Too much trade rumor smoke for there not to be fire. Trent is gone.

This will be Gruden's last year here. The only way he's back is if the Skins make the playoffs and that's not going to happen.

Haskins will start week 5 but I get awfully nervous playing him without TW on the field.

AP gets the most yards.

Playoffs - only as a wild card and I don't think that is likely this year

45 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

This will be Gruden's last year here. The only way he's back is if the Skins make the playoffs and that's not going to happen.

I dont think this would be the case..if..haskins eventually starts and goes .500..we end up getting good trade value for 71..roll the same staff over to next year..b love, guice, haskins, Harmon,mclovin..than if no playoffs following year time to **** can him..

I can't remember what I predicted in the other thread, but it wasn't good.

After seeing a few pre-season games and how things are going, I'm going  with 3-13.

Why Doctson is still on the team baffles me; the only game that I can remember that he had a big impact was the Seasquawks game. Other than that, the only way he gets open is if the defender fall down, trip or run into each other. Other than him, the only ball catchers that get any catches are TEs, and that's been the narrative for the last few years.

The running game on paper looks very good; AP, Thompson and Guise. That would be a nice Monster Zero type of attack { sorry had to get my view preference in there } but the problem will be the o-line's ability to open some holes and Jay designing some plays to disguise the running game; let's face it, this team isn't going to win games through the air, we simply do not have the talent for it.

Defensively, I'm in the 'wait-n-see' group. I've read about how good the Redskins defense has been in the past, and as soon as they get a little recognition, they suddenly turn into a high school defense and get smoked, badly.

Their success will depend on how efficient the offense is and how well they can maintain getting first downs, so they can keep the defense on the sidelines, rested and ready. As of now it appears the kicker will be the main scoring threat, and that requires ball movement. The first couple of games are difficult to call, being its the beginning of the season; it seems almost anyone can win week 1, maybe week 2, but after that there's enough film of how teams are doing things, who to stop, and most importantly, a team's weakness.

Exploiting a team's weakness has been a Gruden weak point,  it looks as if at times Gruden is trying to force the issue with his agendas rather than adjusting in-game, and that is a big reason why the team sputters, especially in close games.

The Redskins may win a game in their first 3, but it may be awhile before they get that 2nd win, and it may be far too late, for him.

Archived