desertbeagle85

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

On 8/27/2019 at 8:58 AM, kingdaddy said:

Jordan has had some nice games in Philly....with him I think our chances of winning get much better. Give the Birds a steady dose of AP, Guice, CT and Jordan while the defense gets after Wentz. We need Reed to play.

actually, Philly has frequently done a nice job with Malcolm Jenkins limiting Reed.  Last year for example, he caught 4 balls for 21 yards.  in 2017 he had a very good game 8 balls for 64 yards with 2 TDs.  And in 2016, 1 catch for 10 yards.   So, actually not a lot of activity in Philly for Reed.   I see Philly winning this easily, 28-10.

Teams can double/shade Reed and stack the box and should be able to stifle our offense pretty effectively.

I am not sure we will see tighter coverage than vs the WRs early in the year. #NoRespect. We'll need to burn teams deep to open things up. Which points to needing you know who at QB.

Edited by RandyHolt

13 hours ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

actually, Philly has frequently done a nice job with Malcolm Jenkins limiting Reed.  Last year for example, he caught 4 balls for 21 yards.  in 2017 he had a very good game 8 balls for 64 yards with 2 TDs.  And in 2016, 1 catch for 10 yards.   So, actually not a lot of activity in Philly for Reed.   I see Philly winning this easily, 28-10.

What are you doing in here giving out facts ?  Blind homerism is only acceptable I thought.  I guess ANY yards Reed gives you is “good” these days vs alternative which is sitting in the tub ....

14 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Teams can double/shade Reed and stack the box and should be able to stifle our offense pretty effectively.

I am not sure we will see tighter coverage than vs the WRs early in the year. #NoRespect. We'll need to burn teams deep to open things up. Which points to needing you know who at QB.

Go 2 TE and run to the other side with AP.  :P Can also motion Reid out wide.  This will create tons of problems.

Edited by NeverSurrender

18 hours ago, BoycottEuphemisticFans said:

10 for 85 and 2 touches in 2 games feels like pretty good activity for a TE, really.

Extrapolate it out to 16 games for fun.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

10 for 85 and 2 touches in 2 games feels like pretty good activity for a TE, really.

Extrapolate it out to 16 games for fun.

Ooh ooh I’ll play!

80 catches, 16 TDS, 680 yards.

27DE8F20-303F-4BB3-8650-7A511054E193.jpeg.64a843818f9c68d7bff17c9c22a73009.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

We desperately need to get out to an early lead to have any chance of winning this Sunday.

To be honest, having a lead when the clock runs out is more important....

16 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Yeah he’s probably not playing Sunday. 

He still have a week to go, basically.  So we’ll see.

Im really surprised they didn’t keep a 4th TE if there was any chance he couldn’t play.  Especially since there is still a roster spot open...

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Im really surprised they didn’t keep a 4th TE if there was any chance he couldn’t play.  Especially since there is still a roster spot open...

I would say that Wednesday is the most important day to note whether Jordan practices.  Wednesday is the typical day that the game plan is implemented into the practice format.  It's possible that he could just practice Friday since he knows the offense.  My question is - did Jordan Reed not practice today because of the concussion protocol or was this a precautionary response.

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Tomorrow is Tuesday 

He'll probably have to practice at least one day to get cleared. So he's got 3 or 4 days. If you don't see him by Wednesday I doubt he plays.  

Edited by desertbeagle85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverSurrender said:

Go 2 TE and run to the other side with AP.  :P Can also motion Reid out wide.  This will create tons of problems.

Why don't we run our shiny new RB Guice, instead? 😉

• Like 1

I remember after seeing the hit I just felt terrible. With concussions it gets to a point where I just want the player to retire. I'm there with Reed. 

I've met some players that are suffering/suffered from CTE. Probably the saddest thing I've ever been a part of. You get introduced to someone who you only remember as a quazi-super hero and as the interaction unfolds you realize that mentally and physically they both fall short of a regular person. Add in that most of those individuals are financially hurting and it's just extremely sad. 

I just don't want there to be a player I've wanted to stay on the field only to meet them in 10-20 years and I walk away wishing they never played football. 

Edited by Unbias
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Unbias said:

I remember after seeing the hit I just felt terrible. With concussions it gets to a point where I just want the player to retire. I'm there with Reed. 

I've met some players that are suffering/suffered from CTE. Probably the saddest thing I've ever been a part of. You get introduced to someone who you only remember as a quazi-super hero and as the interaction unfolds you realize that mentally and physically they both fall short of a regular person. Add in that most of those individuals are financially hurting and it's just extremely sad. 

I just don't want there to be a player I've wanted to stay on the field only to meet them in 10-20 years and I walk away wishing they never played football. 

Just to put it in perspective, how many disabled military veterans have you met who made pennies on the dollar that these professional entertainers made?

Jordan Reed is still in protocol. FML.

I thought Jay said he was expected to play a week ago - maybe he spoke too soon?

I sure hope this does not point to a regression, and they are just erring on the side of caution.  I figured Reed would be on the practice field before McKinzy, but nope.

Edited by RandyHolt

12 hours ago, wrecker said:

Just to put it in perspective, how many disabled military veterans have you met who made pennies on the dollar that these professional entertainers made?

Well, we can have sympathy/empathy for both can’t we? I’m not fond of arguments that look for reasons to take away sympathy from a person who is genuinely hurting. 

All the money in the world isnt isn’t going to take away that brain damage.  So their stuck in that situation just like the vets and both deserve for us to feel for them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Why don't we run our shiny new RB Guice, instead? 😉

Good point.  After what I saw from AP last year Im still hesitant to give the reigns to Guice.  He does look to be a good player so Im not worried about his ability.  I just feel like he could learn alot playing behind AP.  Not to mention rookie running backs tend to fade as the season wears on.  And Guice is a rookie by playing standards. Honestly I think we should just run AP until the tires fall off.  Then bring in a fresh Guice.  Similar to the Cowboys tandem of Jones, Barber.  It will also help to build his confidence.  

Edited by NeverSurrender
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Well, we can have sympathy/empathy for both can’t we? I’m not fond of arguments that look for reasons to take away sympathy from a person who is genuinely hurting. 

All the money in the world isnt isn’t going to take away that brain damage.  So their stuck in that situation just like the vets and both deserve for us to feel for them. 

No arguments here. The key word to my post is perspective.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Jordan Reed is still in protocol. FML.

I thought Jay said he was expected to play a week ago - maybe he spoke too soon?

I sure hope this does not point to a regression, and they are just erring on the side of caution.  I figured Reed would be on the practice field before McKinzy, but nope.

Reed doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would have a quick resolving concussion.  If he's concussed, I assume it's gonna be at least a few weeks.

• Sad 1