Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

I have a feeling that Jordan Reed won't retire because of the forfeited dineros. Alex Smith as well. What is that $35M/yr avg, 20% of our cap, designated to players who will do nothing for this team. That equals a few really good FAs. 

9 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I have a feeling that Jordan Reed won't retire because of the forfeited dineros. Alex Smith as well. What is that $35M/yr avg, 20% of our cap, designated to players who will do nothing for this team. That equals a few really good FAs. 

While I would never hope the Skins have a terrible record, the long term benefits might be worth it. Dump the big salaries, get a high draft pick and sign younger free agents with the money that comes off the books. The future is in the raw, young guys not the Trent Williams, Josh Norman's and Jordan Reid's....That's why I advocate for dealing Trent for as much as we can get.

So is it confirmed that he had a concussion, or just that he was in the protocol?  Because they're not necessarily the same thing.  I just hadnt heard it was definite he was concussed.

I mean, yeah, with his history, we would all assume he has one, but I'm trying to be optimistic.  That given his history and the nature of that hit that through an abundance of caution, they put him in the protocol.

7 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

I expect a ****ing fine.  And it would be well deserved. 

Here's a couple of articles where the player Keanu Neal makes a similar head hunting hit but denies that he's a dirty player, he doesn't mean to lead with the crown of his helmet, blah blah blah...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18042445/keanu-neal-atlanta-falcons-hit-not-dirty-player

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/keanu-neal-lot-gray-area-nfls-new-helmet-rule

There wasn't even a flag.

I havn't heard anyone neither question nor answer, the reason for that.

I think TEs are so big, they often will take extra shots backs and receivers don't take. And that DBs feel the need to hit them harder, because they are bigger.

Maybe its a slight concussion?? - he jumped right up,  I know concussions are not apparent immediately, can appear days later, but I find a tiny bit of optimism that he was not laying on the ground, arms fully extended skyward or with Stan Humphries eyes.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There wasn't even a flag.

I havn't heard anyone neither question nor answer, the reason for that.

There was a penalty.  I remember bc when the ref called the penalty he mistakenly said reeds number initially before he corrected himself.

That being said, a penalty isn't enough.  These hits end careers.  He should've been thrown out of the game.  Do it like they do in college, make it a challengable play, but if replay confirms targeting, you are tossed from the game immediately.

9 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

There was a penalty.  I remember bc when the ref called the penalty he mistakenly said reeds number initially before he corrected himself.

That being said, a penalty isn't enough.  These hits end careers.  He should've been thrown out of the game.  Do it like they do in college, make it a challengable play, but if replay confirms targeting, you are tossed from the game immediately.

If it's a preseason game, there should be a suspension in the regular season too.

Getting ejected from preseason games isn't much at all

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If it's a preseason game, there should be a suspension in the regular season too.

Getting ejected from preseason games isn't much at all

True.  And in college if you get a targeting penalty and get tossed in the second half, you have to miss the first half of the following game.  It's a pretty big deterrent.  

I actually thought he survived the hit last night, and was amazed.

But I cringe at every hit he takes.  It really takes away from enjoying the games. As someone mentioned already, it happened (to me) with RG3, too.

If he and Colt miss week 1, our offense will be without our QB1, LT1, and TE1.  Going ugly early this year.

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

If he and Colt miss week 1, our offense will be without our QB1, LT1, and TE1.  Going ugly early this year.

If Colt is healthy do you really thinks he starts?  Also I haven't heard once that he is the starting QB. For one the guy never is healthy and has been a career backup. 

As for Jordan Reed when is he on the field healthy? The guy is always hurt and it's not just Concussions. I like Reed and I'm sure he's a good guy, but they are paying him what 10 million a year. I think the Skins should release him if his cap hit isn't that bad next year. 

The LT hurts and will probably hurt a lot, but Trent isn't worth a extension. Trade him for a 1st Rd pick. Draft his replacement in the 1st Rd next year and still have another 1st Rd pick. 

5 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

If Colt is healthy do you really thinks he starts?  Also I haven't heard once that he is the starting QB. For one the guy never is healthy and has been a career backup. 

100% Colt would have started if  healthy. At least I think Jay named him the starter before the latest injury.

Report said he felt concussion like symptoms in the locker room at halftime and was placed in the protocol.  This could be a simple as a headache (completely understandable after a shot to the head) so let's not start retiring him until we hear a little more.  With a couple weeks to recover I will be very surprised if he is not ready for game one.

3 hours ago, evmiii said:

Report said he felt concussion like symptoms in the locker room at halftime and was placed in the protocol.  This could be a simple as a headache (completely understandable after a shot to the head) so let's not start retiring him until we hear a little more.  With a couple weeks to recover I will be very surprised if he is not ready for game one.

This.

Key words are "concussion symptoms/protocol", as opposed to "concussion diagnosis"

I think it's easy to react to the extreme since his name is Jordan Reed.

But here's another positive sign to think about : the way his helmet flew off, I'm no physics expert, but it seems like either it would have to be a somewhat glancing blow, or an indirect hit near the bottom of the helmet, for the hat to fly off like it did. Again, in my amateur opinion, I don't think a direct hit to the skull would result in that type of airborne helmet. But I will surely concede my opinion to someone with an actual Physics Degree.

9 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

100% Colt would have started if  healthy. At least I think Jay named him the starter before the latest injury.

Colt has started before for the Skins and failed. He would only fail again. Both Colt and Keenum are backups. When Haskins is ready one will be the backup and I'm sure the other one will be cut next year or sooner. 

36 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Colt has started before for the Skins and failed. He would only fail again. Both Colt and Keenum are backups. When Haskins is ready one will be the backup and I'm sure the other one will be cut next year or sooner. 

Both Colt and Case are FA after this year.

52 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

There are 2 players i expect here, when no one else does.  Colt McCoy, and Mike Brian Quick.

I think we will open the year with 3 QBs on our active roster but do think 1 will get cut when injuries strike and we don't want to IR someone.

Archived