Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

R

Reed was born and raised and went to high school in CT, so that makes it seem more possible.

Does anyone know if Reed has a specific gripe against the Redskins ?

I haven't heard anything and we all know how the DC sports media is when reporting anything they consider to be bad... shoot first, ask questions... maybe... if ever.

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Reed wants a “fresh start”? Fresh start from what? Our IR list to another teams IR list? 

Our IR list is far more renowned than any other IR list.  Not sure he's improving anything by going away. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Skins kept him, got another TE in the draft or FA, and rolled with this group with Reed as a bonus.

Also wouldn't shock me if Reed were released.

The only way they would consider keeping Reed on is if he seriously restructured his contract.

Doesn't Reed have like a close to a $12 million cap hit this coming season?

Just now, SkinsGuy said:

The only way they would consider keeping Reed on is if he seriously restructured his contract.

Doesn't Reed have like a close to a $12 million cap hit this coming season?

In the end, that's less than Hooper will likely cost.

But yeah, if he WERE to stay, it would be great to get him to restructure the hit. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

In the end, that's less than Hooper will likely cost.

But yeah, if he WERE to stay, it would be great to get him to restructure the hit. 

Yes, but how healthy has Hooper been?

It would be worth if Hooper is usually a healthy player. As opposed to Reed, where if you get a half a season out of him, it's a miracle.

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yes, but how healthy has Hooper been?

It would be worth if Hooper is usually a healthy player. As opposed to Reed, where if you get a half a season out of him, it's a miracle.

He's been relatively healthy. But I don't think he's worth that contract. But who knows anymore :ols:

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

He's been relatively healthy. But I don't think he's worth that contract. But who knows anymore :ols:

Well, considering Olsen got $7 million for one year in Seattle, I think that sets the TE market. 

Hooper will cost at least that much.

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

If Reed wants to play, trade him. I’ll take a 6th or 7th rounder to a team like the Pats who want to take a chance on him. 

I'm sure the entire league expects us to release him though.  Too much risk to be parting with assets when you can just get him for nothing later.  Demand probably wont be that high.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm sure the entire league expects us to release him though.  Too much risk to be parting with assets when you can just get him for nothing later.  Demand probably wont be that high.

True I know, and nobody will pay him 8mil plus per year at this stage. But the contract isn’t guaranteed money. Team like the Dolphins say with 90mil plus in space, late round pick to take on his contract. Assess through camp, restructure, cut etc. 

But yes, release him and move one realistically.

A man has to chart his own path. If Reed wants to play, keep him. Right now, he's in concussion protocol. But it's no different than a man continuing to work in coal mine when he knows he'll end it with possible respiratory issues or worse. Or a Soldier knocking down a door with the possibility of....(fill in the blank). Ideally Reed could take his money and live a reasonably comfortable life. But a man's dream and drive is a man's dream and drive. Let him be and hope for the best.

Archived