desertbeagle85

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

But don’t forget, that even when Reed was healthy.  Jay didn’t find a way to get him the ball.  But claimed he was such a huge part of the gameplan.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 5:06 AM, FrFan said:

They expected Trent to come back as well...until they decided to stop talking about it.

• Like 1

After taking up a roster spot for almost 6 weeks, Reed goes to IR today.

I highly doubt we see him play for us again. Shame his career went like this, he was dynamic and fun to watch every snap when he was healthy enough to be the centerpiece of the offensive gameplan.

• Sad 2

Placing him on IR should not have taken this long. With his injury history, they could have placed him on IR before the season started or after week 1. After 8 weeks, he could have returned if symptoms went away or just call it a career.  I'm sure he wants a decent quality of life after football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Well good for him he gets to just chill and try and get better. If I were him I’d def be considering retirement. Time to reboot TE ASAP.

• Like 2

I hate that I'm 90% sure taking Bryce Love over Foster Moreau in the 4th round is gonna bite us in the ass. Moreau is flashing big time in OAK even with Darren Waller's emergence (great story of overcoming adversity, btw) as a top receiving threat at the position. And it didn't come out of nowhere--lots of people even here on ES were on Moreau. 

Now we sit and hope Love becomes our first injured draft pick to pay off. 

• Sad 2

Well ****.... thanks Keanu Neal.....piece of ****...if it wasn’t for your STUPID ***, reed might have been playing all season 🤷🏻‍♂️ **** you. **** your falcons. **** your owner. **** your QB. **** everything about you. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, jadams5214 said:

Disaster of a decision giving Reed that huge contract.  

Didnt we put injury clause in it? Can anyone speak to that?

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Didnt we put injury clause in it? Can anyone speak to that?

Highly doubt it, in fact most guarantees in player contracts are injury guarantees, even with seemingly injury-prone players. Agents aren't dumb, he just would have played for someone else who would write that contract. And we can get out of it now, easily. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I hate that I'm 90% sure taking Bryce Love over Foster Moreau in the 4th round is gonna bite us in the ass. Moreau is flashing big time in OAK even with Darren Waller's emergence (great story of overcoming adversity, btw) as a top receiving threat at the position. And it didn't come out of nowhere--lots of people even here on ES were on Moreau. 

I was all in on us taking Moreau in the draft. Reed was pretty much a walking IR victim sadly. As for Love, agree, we keep out fingers crossed as we let CT25 walk away in the offseason. 

I think most on here were advocating cutting Reed before the season started because we all knew this would happen.  Great talent, but hasnt seen much of the field in many years, and instead due to a stupid and desperate FO we have now eaten a large year of salary with nothing to show for it, again.  If we had just cut Reed and Norman during the offseason we would be set up so well for the next couple of years, but no.

Redskins decision making slow again. This should have been done the moment he struggled to make it back.

• Like 1

eight week IR means he could be reacitvated after week 13, with the bye that means he could be down to his last four games as a Redskin

Edited by carex

I’d be shocked if he ever plays again.  No team would consider him unless it was for the league minimum and he’s made a good chunk of change. I doubt he would be that desperate to play.

17 minutes ago, carex said:

eight week IR means he could be reacitvated after week 13

Just in time for our playoff run. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Jordan Reed needs to retire. When he gets concussed it takes him weeks if not months to retire. He's made a lot of money. At the rate he's going, he won't know who he is by the time he is 40.

• Like 1

Absolutely awful to see how his career has gone. So much talent never allowed to fully blossom. Could've been one of the all-time greats at the position. That said, far more important he gives his health top priority moving forward. 

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Moreau or Wesco as some were saying they liked him. They also had shots at others later like Kaden Smith. There were numerous opportunities for decent TE's. Last week I was checking teams PS to see if one was worth going after but eh.

Even Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago was worried at TE and traded Seattle for Nick Vannett.That move has already paid off.

Fingers crossed Love pays in aces next year

• Like 1

I'm not sure if his career is over. It's up to him and the doctors. I am sure his career as a Redskin is over. The Skins need and will move on from Reed. Add TE to the many holes this team has going into the off-season. Even though it was a joke already. 

I wanted Kahale Waring in the 3rd instead of McLaurin. Glad we didn’t do that!

Always took it as a huge mistake on this team’s part not drafting a TE given Reed’s injury history and Vernon’s age