Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

• 2 weeks later...

After taking up a roster spot for almost 6 weeks, Reed goes to IR today.

I highly doubt we see him play for us again. Shame his career went like this, he was dynamic and fun to watch every snap when he was healthy enough to be the centerpiece of the offensive gameplan.

Placing him on IR should not have taken this long. With his injury history, they could have placed him on IR before the season started or after week 1. After 8 weeks, he could have returned if symptoms went away or just call it a career.  I'm sure he wants a decent quality of life after football. 

I hate that I'm 90% sure taking Bryce Love over Foster Moreau in the 4th round is gonna bite us in the ass. Moreau is flashing big time in OAK even with Darren Waller's emergence (great story of overcoming adversity, btw) as a top receiving threat at the position. And it didn't come out of nowhere--lots of people even here on ES were on Moreau. 

Now we sit and hope Love becomes our first injured draft pick to pay off. 

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Didnt we put injury clause in it? Can anyone speak to that?

Highly doubt it, in fact most guarantees in player contracts are injury guarantees, even with seemingly injury-prone players. Agents aren't dumb, he just would have played for someone else who would write that contract. And we can get out of it now, easily. 

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I hate that I'm 90% sure taking Bryce Love over Foster Moreau in the 4th round is gonna bite us in the ass. Moreau is flashing big time in OAK even with Darren Waller's emergence (great story of overcoming adversity, btw) as a top receiving threat at the position. And it didn't come out of nowhere--lots of people even here on ES were on Moreau. 

I was all in on us taking Moreau in the draft. Reed was pretty much a walking IR victim sadly. As for Love, agree, we keep out fingers crossed as we let CT25 walk away in the offseason. 

I think most on here were advocating cutting Reed before the season started because we all knew this would happen.  Great talent, but hasnt seen much of the field in many years, and instead due to a stupid and desperate FO we have now eaten a large year of salary with nothing to show for it, again.  If we had just cut Reed and Norman during the offseason we would be set up so well for the next couple of years, but no.

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Moreau or Wesco as some were saying they liked him. They also had shots at others later like Kaden Smith. There were numerous opportunities for decent TE's. Last week I was checking teams PS to see if one was worth going after but eh.

Even Pittsburgh a couple weeks ago was worried at TE and traded Seattle for Nick Vannett.That move has already paid off.

Fingers crossed Love pays in aces next year

Archived