Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jordan Reed Is In Concussion Protocol

desertbeagle85

What sucks about this is there is really nothing he can do to avoid hits like that.....it was what, the 3rd defender who showed up on the play just diving in there to lay a hit when Reed was already wrapped up and being tackled to the ground?  

I know Reed has the "can't stay healthy wrap" but maybe they need to make penalties for helmet to helmet hits more severe because there is nothing the ball carrier can do in those situations to protect themselves.

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What sucks about this is there is really nothing he can do to avoid hits like that.....it was what, the 3rd defender who showed up on the play just diving in there to lay a hit when Reed was already wrapped up and being tackled to the ground?  

I know Reed has the "can't stay healthy wrap" but maybe they need to make penalties for helmet to helmet hits more severe because there is nothing the ball carrier can do in those situations to protect themselves.

In this circumstance, you’re right.  Nothing he can do and the defender led with his helmet.

But a lot of the injuries he’s taken over the years are as a result of his relentless pursuit of YAC and it takes more than one to take him down.  He’s going so so hard, it’s inviting trauma in this sport.  It sucks, because that’s what you want out of him.  It just typically ends bad.

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

**** this sucks..I was worried about something like this

Yeah I felt better when he jumped up and looked good. I will say when I saw the hit I thought concussion right away. That was a nasty hit most NFL players would get a concussion from that. 

Just now, volsmet said:

Why wasn’t he removed the second his head was hit. 

Did he play after that? I honestly don't know. 

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Did he play after that? I honestly don't know. 

Yeah I have multiple games going, but when I saw the hit all I could think was... get him out .. but he was on the field after that, maybe he was removed, I was pissed off seeing him out there and left the game for a bit. That hit was infuriating... I wanted Clinton to go fight the dude.

19 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The type of helmet to helmet hit matters. Some are unavoidable and some are negligible. 

This was neither and was a dirty play in today's nfl. 

14 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Gruden was really on the fence about playing him tonight.

Preseason is going to be two games soon.

Cam Newton in a boot - the preseason needs to be amended.

The NFL should have an 18 day retreat for coaches and all players who need to make rosters — let them go compete for their coaches v one another in live games & then integrate the new guys with the vets back home in August with 2 preseason games. 

2 hours ago, Idaho fan said:

Fingers crossed it’s all precautionary. He didn’t look phased when it happened.  

Don’t think it’s precautionary or he wouldn’t be in the protocol. He was examined and then placed in protocol, if I’m not mistaken that pretty much means he’s concussed and will be out for a bit. It’s just a matter of for how long.You have to wonder how many more of these he can sustain.

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Gruden was really on the fence about playing him tonight.

Preseason is going to be two games soon.

I don't really see how that would make a difference. Yeah the skins have 4 preseason games. Reed played what a quarter of football maybe 2 the whole preseason. So it's not like the amount of games would've changed this outcome. 

1 hour ago, Tarpon75 said:

Don’t think it’s precautionary or he wouldn’t be in the protocol. He was examined and then placed in protocol, if I’m not mistaken that pretty much means he’s concussed and will be out for a bit. It’s just a matter of for how long.You have to wonder how many more of these he can sustain.

Yeah he started getting concussion like symptoms later. Pretty sure he has a concussion. 

I don't blame Jay.  You have to get your 1's into some games before the season.  They need the game time reps.

Player who hit him should be fined, it was a blatant hit to the helmet, leading with the helmet.

Nothing about Reed's  fragility is to blame for a concussion from this hit.  Many players would be drooling into a cup or thinking they were Batman after that.

Such a great talent, but at some point, he needs to consider his health after football and think about retiring.

I am still not convinced that the modern day helmet prevents more serious injuries, than they cause.

Sure, the mask and helmet prevent a lot of blood being spilled. The horror of a bloody nose is something the NFL simply doesn't want you to see.

Riddell = Bigger heads = bigger targets = More Head Impacts = More Concussions. The icing on the concussion cake is the helmet makes defenders feel invincible and lead with their heads. With the giant heads out there, violent hits are inevitable, dirty or not. How can you hit with your shoulder and not have your head be at risk of being impacted. As a WR or RB drops to the ground or change body position, it's almost impossible for a defender to avoid head contact quite often. We see helmet on helmet hits every. single. game. 

Riddell me this Batman. I think a study done on brains of leather helmet seniors, or rugby players, will show Riddell users have more severe concussions / long term damage. The players are bigger and faster blah blah kiss my ass protect your customers. Soft shells.

Archived