Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

5 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Is Gruden still calling the plays, because if he is he's the worst. 

Lol

I actually want to get rid of him because the offense will always be boring, predictable, and not creative enough to do what needs to be done even to attempt to win games. 

Don't think we'll ever get far with him. 

It's really frustrating because if he isn't the future coach and we just spent a first rounder on a qb than we continue the "coach/not my chosen qb" cycle we've had since forever. 

Things I took away from the 1st half:

1- Run game came alive a bit.

2- Sweat made his presence felt

3- Landon everywhere

4- Specials looked better

5- Case was ok, needs to tuck that one away. 

6- Flowers struggling 1 v 1 in space, mental errors, he's a problem.

7- Moreland willing tackler. Out there with the 1's.

8- Terrible end of half 1 min drill.

9- D looked ok, same m.o. of attack against us: spread us, throw and run outta nickel. 

3 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

We know he can make throws. He has to learn to run an offense. Let the rest of the team work while he does...2 birds with one stone eh

He has to learn to hand off? 

IF things go according to Jay's wildest dreams, hypothetically...Haskins never plays this year bc his vets make the playoffs. In that case, these preseason snaps are all he has to shape Haskins this year, really. The rest will be film and scout team work. 

Even if Haskins sits all year, these snaps are being wasted. Guess what? He will likely not sit all year which makes it even worse. 

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Things I took away from the 1st half:

1- Run game came alive a bit.

2- Sweat made his presence felt

3- Landon everywhere

4- Specials looked better

5- Case was ok, needs to tuck that one away. 

6- Flowers struggling 1 v 1 in space, mental errors, he's a problem.

7- Moreland willing tackler. Out there with the 1's.

8- Terrible end of half 1 min drill.

9- D looked ok, same m.o. of attack against us: spread us, throw and run outta nickel. 

I agree with most of what you say. But the starting defense has been absolutely beastly in the preseason. They just allowed 7 points to the Falcons man. That is a real offense.

3 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He has to learn to hand off? 

IF things go according to Jay's wildest dreams, hypothetically...Haskins never plays this year bc his vets make the playoffs. In that case, these preseason snaps are all he has to shape Haskins this year, really. The rest will be film and scout team work. 

Even if Haskins sits all year, these snaps are being wasted. Guess what? He will likely not sit all year which makes it even worse. 

We are a running team this year like every year. Entire team needs work tonight if Haskins starts later in the year he’s going to handing off...alot

Archived