Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD: REDSKINS VS. FALCONS

SkinsGuy

Seriously, this offense needs to be more dynamic, its 2019, trying to plud our way up the field is a terrible idea considering all it takes is one bad play to ruin it all.  

We need big plays anyway we can get them, I'm not going to expect an offense like that from Case, we know not to expect that.  Where's that wow play, that break away make it work play that can keep drives going even on blown plays.  

There's going to be a lot of blown plays with this offense.  Put Haskins in NOW, we already know what to expect from Case, mediocre and hopefully not a bunch of mistakes.  Hopefully.  I'll trade Haskins expected rookie mistakes for the extra dynamic he'll bring to the offense.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Something tells me we're going to play Haskins once the season is a wash. It'll give us some minute hope to make the playoffs, but of course we'll miss it.

Keenum doesn't look good and Colt has one leg. If we gave Haskins the rest of these 1st string snaps tonight he might win the job.

Might be a good thing that we don't, for his own sake. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thanks Keenum. With this defense if the QB's can limit boneheaded plays we might have a team.

Weird time to post this exact post after keenum has a boneheaded play and the defense gets walked all over for a TD lol

Just now, desertbeagle85 said:

It's not about winning this year. It's about development. If you put Haskins in to early you risk his career. 

If all it takes to ruin his career is playing him 2-3 games too early then he was never that good to begin with.  We've seen guys suck their entire rookie year and still make the HOF.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Seriously, this offense needs to be more dynamic, its 2019, trying to plud our way up the field is a terrible idea considering all it takes is one bad play to ruin it all.  

We need big plays anyway we can get them, I'm not going to expect an offense like that from Case, we know not to expect that.  Where's that wow play, that break away make it work play that can keep drives going even on blown plays.  

I agree, the big flaw in this style of offense is you basically have to play completely mistake free the entire way because there aren't those opportunities to erase mistakes. If turnovers happen an offense needs the ability to turn the page in a hurry.  Alex Smith could lead this style because his turnovers are so low. 

Archived