Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The State of the Economy Thread - “Falling inflation, rising growth give U.S. the world’s best recovery”

PleaseBlitz

15 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think a big part of the problem, in this case, is that we've successfully made it evil for the government to try to help people.  In fact, to even try to keep them from dying.  

I can keep you safer if you obey my orders is never gonna go over well if it substantially obstructs freedom or finances... notbhere at least

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, twa said:

I can keep you safer if you obey my orders is never gonna go over well if it substantially obstructs freedom or finances... notbhere at least

What are you responding too?

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

I think a big part of the problem, in this case, is that we've successfully made it evil for the government to try to help people.  In fact, to even try to keep them from dying.  

That is the history of America.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Successfully made it evil to be rich also apparently. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Successfully made it evil to be rich also apparently. 

Haven't seen that in this case.  Although yes, the theme does exist somewhat, in society in general.  

There’s a social media site for investing called Stocktwits. It’s probably the worst site on the internet. There’s two factions, bears and bulls, based on whether they think the market is going up or down. It’s largely a political statement... the bulls are largely Trump supporters and despite the fact that we are very obviously in the early stages of a deep recession, are buying into it talking about how we’re headed for all time highs. I’m not wishing financial hardship on anyone but I’m not going to feel sorry for them either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

If we give people the choice of saving lives, without starving or bankruptcy, then they might choose the option that saves lives.  

Now it is our choice?

Or one made for us?

I like options,limiting them less so.

4 hours ago, twa said:

Catch 22. If we were more willing to sacrifice for the common good we could be free of the real oppressor, the virus, quicker.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There’s a social media site for investing called Stocktwits. It’s probably the worst site on the internet. There’s two factions, bears and bulls, based on whether they think the market is going up or down. It’s largely a political statement... the bulls are largely Trump supporters and despite the fact that we are very obviously in the early stages of a deep recession, are buying into it talking about how we’re headed for all time highs. I’m not wishing financial hardship on anyone but I’m not going to feel sorry for them either.

You're assuming that any of the people on there are actually being honest about what they believe, or their investments.  

5 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Catch 22. If we were more willing to sacrifice for the common good we could be free of the real oppressor, the virus, quicker.

Pointing out that you're responding to a post about the evils of people being safer if they follow instructions, from a poster who has probably responded to every single police officer shooting in that thread with "They should have followed instructions, if they didn't want to die."  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

you talking Sweden?

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Except when it comes to making it easier for minorities to vote.

where I live we minorities vote just fine, is your area different?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Dude i'm on there all the time.  I've more good money in a couple of days watching those on there.