Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

We really weren't competitive under Marty for the first four games. The game which got us to 0-5 was a MNF game against the up-to-then winless Cowboys, and we should've won, but Stephen Davis fumbled late, leading to a Dallas GWFG.  The game against Miami will be similar to that 2001 Cowboys one as far as caliber of opponent.

When the Skins did return home to play Carolina in 2001 at 0-5, the stadium was still packed with Skins fans. Regardless of what happens against Miami, I see the SF game as being a ghost town at FedEx. 

When SF comes, and the majority of fans are wearing 49er colors, Allen will just tell Dan that they are Redskin fans wearing clothes that are fading a little.

The only thing I question is if the players DO want to win, there is a possibility they win 2-4 games; Jets, Dolphins and lord knows  who else, but we've seen this scenario play out before; the team is not going anywhere, and the QB hangs a WR or TE out to dry and they get lit up and gone for a long time. I guess I'm trying to say it is blurred between Gruden's play calling, players who want to win vs those who just wanna finish this season and hope for the best next one. That could leave some dangerous situations for certain players.

10 minutes ago, Skins8989 said:

This team will go on a meaningless win streak to screw themselves out of a top pick.

Really the pick means nothing to this team right now. Until we get the right people in place in the front office. Who really cares what pick we get. 

17 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just saw we are 3.5 point favorites next week on the road in Miami 😂  I mean, really?  Are we better than Miami?  I know Miami is bad but geez, I'm taking the points there.

Sad part Is Miami is trying to lose. We aren't

It'll be really interesting to see if this team rallies. Sometimes, you get a bump when the coach is fired midseason and the players pull together and perform like they never had for at least a game. Other times, the wheels completely fall off the wagon.

Miami is certainly a beatable team. Does losing Jay break the players and leads everyone to say "goodnight?

Mind you, it's kind of irrelevant unless Callahan can pull off a miracle. Sadly, it's probably better to lose out and clean house. 

I think Callahan is the perfect coach to finish the losing out.  

#1 problem IMO with the team currently is they don't have a QB right now until Haskins is ready.    I'd presume the talk will be about Callahan's no nonsense practices.  But the dude's personality is very very chill from what I've seen.    Tough for me to see a more inspired team.

I've seen on twitter it looks like his main thing he wants to change is to run the ball a lot more.  The run game has been his jurisdiction from what I've gathered the whole time but not the quantity of runs. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'm guessing the "it won't make us any better this season" player is one of the ones reportedly on Instragram or whatever else during walkthroughs. Whatever the disastrous state of ownership and the FO, Jay's practices didn't exactly have the air of discipline or even toughness and the teams we very rarely prepared well. There is still a handful of guys on this team who can thank Jay just for being on an NFL roster and likely would be out of the league otherwise (I'm looking at you first, Colt McCoy).

A completely undisciplined team at 0-5 getting a well know asshole who's done a crap job himself to take over and start busting balls probably wont go over well. I'd imagine the defensive front 7 will respond well, since Allen's been critical already and the oline should be happy. 

At this point I'm hoping they lose out and have the #1 overall to rebuild. 

Then again, we traded away our 2020 2nd rounder, so that would sting. 

Anyway, part of me just wants Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen to be embarrassed. Selfishly I took some joy in going over this tweet: 

17 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

0-6, please tell me it can happen. 

The only thing that matters now is losing to the Dolphins. We're On to Miami. 

We want #1 overall. 

No we dont!!..losing is overrated...jump ship, give up already, move on, do something else with your time..become a member at a different fan base sight...who wants to see there supposedly favorite football team lose..I sure as **** dont and I know there are some that are with me..what the **** would a first round pick do for us?!?!?!..snyder will just **** that up too..that's all snyder does is **** everything up...all yall who just PRAY for the skins to lose disgust me..absolutely pathetic..jesus ****ing gods ya look ridiculous...give me 7 years straight of nothing but numro uno over all draft picks and outside of a few good plays here n there and maybe a win here n there THE REDSKINS STILL WON'T WIN ****!!!..please put your enthusiasm into something else

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

No we dont!!..losing is overrated...jump ship, give up already, move on, do something else with your time..become a member at a different fan base sight...who wants to see there supposedly favorite football team lose..I sure as **** dont and I know there are some that are with me..what the **** would a first round pick do for us?!?!?!..snyder will just **** that up too..that's all snyder does is **** everything up...all yall who just PRAY for the skins to lose disgust me..absolutely pathetic..jesus ****ing gods ya look ridiculous...give me 7 years straight of nothing but numro uno over all draft picks and outside of a few good plays here n there and maybe a win here n there THE REDSKINS STILL WON'T WIN ****!!!..please put your enthusiasm into something else

The best thing to happen for this franchise, is for us to lose.

Going 3-13 or worse; might be the only thing that wakes up Dan and convince him to end his love affair with Bruce.

i'm not going to root for them to lose but if it happens; it helps the team.  This team really needs a couple of truly bad seasons to cleanse the team.

Maybe it'll help for some here to look at it this way...

The Redskins have Cancer. Stage 3 Dan and Bruce Butt-hole Cancer and it's terminal, but a slow death.

Going between 0-16 and 3-13 is the chemo. It can hurt and be a miserable time, but it's the only shot at reaching to the core, where the most hardiest of cancer cells are still hanging on.

The chemo might not work, but it's better than nothing and the only shot we have to at least put this cancer in remission.

If they cant pull off a win against the Dolphins, 0-16 might be in play.

The next 6 have the Dolphins, Niners, Vikings, Bills, Jets, and Lions.    Currently, 24th, 1st, 5th, 3rd, 4th, and 8th in total defense.  We trot out the 28th ranked offense.  Cheers.

49 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Maybe it'll help for some here to look at it this way...

The Redskins have Cancer. Stage 3 Dan and Bruce Butt-hole Cancer and it's terminal, but a slow death.

Going between 0-16 and 3-13 is the chemo. It can hurt and be a miserable time, but it's the only shot at reaching to the core, where the most hardiest of cancer cells are still hanging on.

The chemo might not work, but it's better than nothing and the only shot we have to at least put this cancer in remission.

if I ever discover I have cancer regardless of where or what kind I do nothing about it..no chemo..nothing..let it take its course

6 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

if I ever discover I have cancer regardless of where or what kind I do nothing about it..no chemo..nothing..let it take its course

In some cases I can understand that, but in most cases **** that, I'm a fighter. If scorched earth is the only way, then let's do it and see who dies from the chemo first, me or the cancer.

Can I suggest one small change to the thread title? I’d get rid of the apostrophe T.

I mean, it’s sad to say but I am rooting for the Dolphins And it’s not because I’m not a Redskins fan… Quite the opposite. The Redskins are a meth addict relative. They need to hit a rock bottom before the healing can truly begin.

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I mean, it’s sad to say but I am rooting for the Dolphins And it’s not because I’m not a Redskins fan… Quite the opposite. The Redskins are a meth addict relative. They need to hit a rock bottom before the healing can truly begin.

That's funny I was thinking that the same thing except that we the fans are the meth addicts. The more I think about it I think its like we have some sports related variant of Stolkholm Syndrome. 

18 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Can I suggest one small change to the thread title? I’d get rid of the apostrophe T.

I cannot agree.  Some stupid, perversely stubborn and stupid part of me hopes that somehow the Skins will win in Miami and get on some kind of role.  Yes, of course, this wish defies reason.  My head tells me the individual units are weak and will look even worse without Gruden and the team should strive to lose 16 because that is a goal they can achieve if they manage to lose this week. 

So Callahan wants to emphasis the run?  This doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of working, but I'm going to tune and see if it works and if it does work I'm going to be happy.  Maybe this is their plan to drop 11 eleven more.

Archived