Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am rooting for Haskins, but I also don't want to see this team go and do something like marginally look good in the 2nd half of the season and hurt their draft position. 

I don’t want the Skins to tank and I especially want Haskins to workout.  It would be much better if they somehow start winning with Haskins.  

5 minutes ago, Leonard Washington said:

We may not win a game!  

At this point and after watching them in person today Id be shocked if they win a game.  The Redskins lost badly to a bad team today and it could have been worse.  The Giants didn't even have Barkley in the game.  Giants will get beat badly next week.  The Redskins stink out loud.  This IS the worst Redskins team Ive ever seen at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

At this point and after watching them in person today Id be shocked if they win a game.  The Redskins lost badly to a bad team today and it could have been worse.  The Giants didn't even have Barkley in the game.  Giants will get beat badly next week.  The Redskins stink out loud.  This IS the worst Redskins team Ive ever seen at the moment.

How was the stadium and fans?

0-16 may be a realistic possibility the way they're playing right now, but if that means completely cleaning house, it could worth it.  It's going to suck for the fans, but it might be worth in the end.  That said, Snyder might not be that smart enough to blow things up.  Let's see what happens

4 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

0-16 may be a realistic possibility the way they're playing right now, but if that means completely cleaning house, it could worth it.  It's going to suck for the fans, but it might be worth in the end.  That said, Snyder might not be that smart enough to blow things up.  Let's see what happens

Wouldn't suck that much, for me personally. I'd rather see that than mediocre 5-11. My only concern other than firings/hirings is to see Haskins flash this season. 

I guess 0-5 is the reality and 0-16 is very much in play right now. Jay Gruden finally admits his play calling is terrible and at 0-4 what is going to change? Gruden won't be here next year unless the sky opens up and they go undefeated which won't happen. The talent on this team is good but is not being used properly. The coaching is beyond terrible and the players are unprepared. I saw the defense do a stunt and was shocked even though it didn't work. I have never seen a Redskins team this bad ever and I have been a Redskins fan since the 60's. This team is done and the best I can hope for is to see if Haskins is for real and what players do we keep and who do we get rid of.

1 hour ago, TouchdownSkin said:

How was the stadium and fans?

Stadium is decent.  10 years old and its nice.  Just average on game experience I thought compared to other stadiums.  Fans were surprisingly hyped - I guess the Daniel Jones factor has gotten them up.  They are 2-2 now and many were acting like they are contenders after this win today.  There were several obnoxious Giants fans around but nothing that couldn't be ignored.  80% of the Giants fans were really cool.  They got loud at times but nothing compared to Seattle.  

Id guess there were maybe around 750 Redskins fans there today.  Enough to kinda hear on the rare occasion something good happened. 

Other than the outcome of the game (obviously) it was fun.   

1 hour ago, paloosa said:

I guess 0-5 is the reality and 0-16 is very much in play right now. Jay Gruden finally admits his play calling is terrible The talent on this team is good but is not being used properly. The coaching is beyond terrible and the players are unprepared.

Bruce, could pass me a Coors......I think a nice cold Coors would really hit the spot.

Seriously, why do you think this team is talented?  The best player on the  offense is a 34 year old running back.  The defense is grossly overrated, what a joke.  The best player on the team is the punter.  This team is bottom quartile at best and is playing that bad.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The best part of the upcoming week will be when Belichick starts talking the 'Skins up as if next Sunday is a super bowl preview, and then promptly coaches his team to a 50-3 victory. 

He'll graciously say that we've had bad luck with injuries and turnovers but that we've got talent and they need to prepare to play for 60 minutes of tough NFCE football...and then yes, they'll make us their **** in every way. 

Belichick can spend the week reminiscing about his time as Giants D-coordinator under Parcells and muse about how he can remember every guy on the Skins roster, including third stringers, that he had to go up against in the 80s.

Because he sure doesn't have to do any preparation this week to crush this hapless team. 

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Belichick can spend the week reminiscing about his time as Giants D-coordinator under Parcells and muse about how he can remember every guy on the Skins roster, including third stringers, that he had to go up against in the 80s.

Because he sure doesn't have to do any preparation this week to crush this hapless team. 

But he will, and that's what makes them great. It's going to get bad next week.

3 hours ago, theTruthTeller said:

It cracks me up that there are still people who are worried that the Skins might win too many games if they don't take affirmative measures to lose.  Our trajectory is perfect. Don't change a thing.

TW isn't coming back for this.  At the very least get a 1st+ for him and move on.

I still think a 3rd or 4th is possible for Norman and unload the $$.  We'd eat about 6mill is dead cap, and another team would need 11 mill (8.5ish prorated) for him.  No guaranteed next year and could be cut.  edit: with so many injuries to other teams, I'd think someone would bite.

If Scherff is not considered for a re-up, then trade him for a pick, at least a 3rd.  If not, I guess let him walk and get the likely 3rd, maybe 4th round comp.

Cut Reed and eat the money now. 

That only removes Norman from the active roster today, so it could be argued that isn't really taking measures to lose.  TW/Reed have 0 snaps.  Scherff maybe, but he has certainly struggled this year.

However, the savings there you could eat the Smith contract this offseason (still a 10million hit to push the contract forward).  Fairly clean slate for 2021.  Have 3+ picks added for 2020 and/or 2021.

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

That's the beauty of Belichick. He'll make sure his players know which cheek Haskins kisses his mom on when he goes to her house. . He'll have his coaches know what Bruce Allen gave his secretary last year for Administrative Assistants' Day. All week, Belichick will eat the same food the Redskins are serving in the cafeteria, so his poop will smell the same as their's.

"We're on to Washington..."  

Archived