Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Jones looking like a stud for the Giants.

0-5 here we come

Everybody, myself included, panned and mocked them for drafting him. Now he's balling out and our rookie can't even call protections correctly. 

Guess they'll have the last laugh. 

6 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Everybody, myself included, panned and mocked them for drafting him. Now he's balling out and our rookie can't even call protections correctly. 

Yup, funny thinking about the circle jerk that was the assumption that "Bruce" had "fleeced" the Giants followed by his smug victory lap and the completely unfounded assumption that Jones was somehow going to be a bust and Haskins a treasure.  Now the Redskins rookie QB is a "project" (bust) fat sack holding a clipboard who struggled against middling preseason competition while he is/was not working on his "brand" with daddy, meanwhile Jones has come out the gate like a true quality QB.  Skins managed to botch another one!

7 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Did we have a chance to draft Jones? It's also one game and who said our rookie can't call protections correctly. 

18 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Jones looking like a stud for the Giants.

0-5 here we come

Agreed. I think that if we lose tomorrow night, 0-5 moves from a possibility to a likelihood. The diehard fan in me prays that we can somehow beat the Bears and Giants, and exit the Patriots game at a viable 2-3, but it doesn’t look promising. 

What changes does this franchise make the Monday after we lose to the Patriots by 30+ if we start 0-5? It’s disheartening to see that even the hapless Giants seem to have a better plan in place for the future than we do. 

12 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Yup, funny thinking about the circle jerk that was the assumption that "Bruce" had "fleeced" the Giants followed by his smug victory lap and the completely unfounded assumption that Jones was somehow going to be a bust and Haskins a treasure.  Now the Redskins rookie QB is a "project" (bust) fat sack holding a clipboard who struggled against middling preseason competition while he is/was not working on his "brand" with daddy, meanwhile Jones has come out the gate like a true quality QB.  Skins managed to botch another one!

Oh my god we’re seriously doing this already??

27 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

I disagree with most of this. Haskins has a great eye for calling protections, and while he is obviously less polished than Jones as a 1 year starter, I think that with time Haskins will have a great career. Nonetheless, the Giants successful launch of the Daniel Jones era, and their first win, definitely puts them a leg up on us. 

Don’t be surprised when the Giants leapfrog us in the rebuilding process. They are a legitimate franchise. We’ve been “rebuilding” since 1992.

Haskins needs to be a generational talent if he is to succeed with this staff. There is no way in hell, they will develop him unless he does it himself.

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

Wtf are you talking about?

Jones beat an awful TB team that has a secondary that makes ours look like the Legion of Boom. He looked good no doubt but i'm gonna reserve judgement especially since the TB game plan going in was obviously to stack up the line and bottle up Saquan. Once he went out the game plan changed completely on both sides of the ball. 

Starting Haskins just because the Giants started their prize QB is asinine. We don't have two legit guards like the Giants do in Hernandez and Zeitler. We don't have a legit LT like the Giants do in Solder (even if he got schooled all game by Barrett. Jones survived today because he's a mobile QB, something DH is not. Case is playing ok. Changing for the sake of a short-term change is poor planning. 

I also love how because the Giants, with the 6th pick QB schooled us and our 15th pick QB is now automatically a bust even though he hasn't played one damn snap in a regular season game.

Sometimes the fans are as irrational as the front office. 

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jones beat an awful TB team that has a secondary that makes ours look like the Legion of Boom. He looked good no doubt but i'm gonna reserve judgement especially since the TB game plan going in was obviously to stack up the line and bottle up Saquan. Once he went out the game plan changed completely on both sides of the ball. 

Starting Haskins just because the Giants started their prize QB is asinine. We don't have two legit guards like the Giants do in Hernandez and Zeitler. We don't have a legit LT like the Giants do in Solder (even if he got schooled all game by Barrett. Jones survived today because he's a mobile QB, something DH is not. Case is playing ok. Changing for the sake of a short-term change is poor planning. 

I agree we shouldn't start Haskins bc the Giants felt the need to start Jones. But I disagree about your assessment of the TB defense. They aren't the Bears 85 defense, of course, but they were pretty damn tenacious and looked hungry, something our defense never appears to be. And we have absolutely nobody on our defense who looks like Barrett has this season.     

5 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

I agree we shouldn't start Haskins bc the Giants felt the need to start Jones. But I disagree about your assessment of the TB defense. They aren't the Bears 85 defense, of course, but they were pretty damn tenacious and looked hungry, something our defense never appears to be. And we have absolutely nobody on our defense who looks like Barrett has this season.     

The front 7 looked good but the secondary was suspect and their tackling was porous. Once Jones realized how quickly receivers were getting open off the line he was getting the ball just slightly faster than how fast Barrett was able to make Solder his **** on pretty much every play. Solder was able to control Barrett and prevent him from swimming inside, forcing him to take the long route and by then Jones had his pick of who to throw to. He did make some nice throws, don't get me wrong. 

It really doesn't matter starting Haskins, especially if they go 0-5. That would be throwing the kid out there with at least some players taking a little foot off the throttle, so to speak; fighting a losing battle, knowing regardless how much they try, its all in vain to 'maybe' reaching a 6-10 record?

I'd like to think that they don't do this, but hec, we've seen this team give up during blow-outs!

But the 800 lb gorilla is this; let's say that Haskins hits the field, plays very well, then as the season's end nears, they lose a couple games, and maybe the following season he starts off a little slow; Haskins would be labeled a bust, a failure, flash-in-the-pan, RGIII pt. Deux, and fans will be screaming for another QB, maybe even the FO falls out of love with him, and it will end with him being traded or benched.

This organization, and many fans, want a championship NOW, not next year, so they will give up on him; just like they've given up on damn near every other QB. Granted, they haven't had a lot of rookie QBs, but the overall theme with ANY player is " if he doesn't come out the gate swinging, and continues swinging every minute, every game, every season, once this player suffers a slump, they give up on that player; they bail on him. 

This organization goes through QBs like a baby goes through diapers. mostly because the organization is what fills the diapers to begin with.  The tail wagging the dog? Who knows...

Archived