Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

10 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Probably not.  Early season games especially in the division are always crapshoots.   Since the Skins have three, they should win at least one.   Last year, the Saints lost the opener to the Bucs, in the Dome, and the Saints finished 13-3 while the Bucs went 5-11. 

Why'd you guys have to cut Rob Kelley so soon ?

He was even a local favorite !

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

0-16. Nobody should be surprised. Over the last three seasons, the Skins have been 24-23-1. We’ve all been living in a fantasy land thinking that we could somehow maintain that level of excellence. It’s just not realistic. Not around here.

“ maintain THAT LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE “ what year are you taking about when you use the word excellence?  Is this 1992?   Wow.  This franchise shouldn’t even be referenced with that word in the last 30 years.  Ever.   Mediocre, failure , overachieving -yes.  Excellence.  Blahaaa.  

8 minutes ago, Cantankerous said:

“ maintain THAT LEVEL OF EXCELLENCE “ what year are you taking about when you use the word excellence?  Is this 1992?   Wow.  This franchise shouldn’t even be referenced with that word in the last 30 years.  Ever.   Mediocre, failure , overachieving -yes.  Excellence.  Blahaaa.  

It was tongue-in-cheek.

40 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

If Trubisky is as bad as he looked the other day we might be able to sneak a win there. I doubt we beat the Giants but that's probably the only other chance.

I mean the Giants are pretty bad but it'd be a divisional game on the road, anything can happen.

I don't even think the Eagles defense looked all that good.  Keenum threw all over the place on them.  Take away his garbage time yards and TD pass and he is still I believe over 250 with 2 TDs and no turnovers.   Eagles have a good front 7 but their secondary is not all that good.   Their defense did what Washington's could not which was generate enough pressure with the pass rush to give help to an average secondary. (Once they adjusted that is)

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

If Trubisky is as bad as he looked the other day we might be able to sneak a win there. I doubt we beat the Giants but that's probably the only other chance.

We will do nothing against the Bears D, and the O will get right for us. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't even think the Eagles defense looked all that good.  Keenum threw all over the place on them.  Take away his garbage time yards and TD pass and he is still I believe over 250 with 2 TDs and no turnovers.   Eagles have a good front 7 but their secondary is not all that good.   Their defense did what Washington's could not which was generate enough pressure with the pass rush to give help to an average secondary. (Once they adjusted that is)

Yeah, Eagles fans all offseason have been talking about their weak secondary and how bad it was last year, with few improvements this offseason.

Aka there is a lot of room for Keenum's passing performance, as good as it was, to be revealed as a mirage. Especially if we keep setting him up to mostly throw on obvious throwing downs, with little early down creativity. 

Ah come on, it can't be that bad....

The Bears looked really poor in game 1 against the Packers;  Giants offensive line was eventually manhandled by the pokes D as the game went on - although they have a very dangerous running back.  Their D gave up 400 yards in passing.

So, 'could be' 2 & 3 after 5 I reckon.

10 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

image.png.015a8e054b4fe68dbdc1da903e7ea578.png

Archived