Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

0-6 Start, Tell Me It Can't Happen, Please....

Veryoldschool

3 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I think we definitely have a chance to win in Philly. We’ve lost 4 in a row to them, I think we’re due. Last year we didn’t play them till Dec, so we were in shambles w/ injury’s for both games. 17’ we lost both but played them tough. We swept them in 16’ & 15’ 

I think we'll win in philly..the defense actually scores a td while the o still looks a little shaky..enough to manage though.

Well, I feel 1-4 is probably more realistic than 0-5. At least at the moment.

Let's face it, offensively, this team doesn't have the firepower to win many games. A fairly good running game, yes, but the aerial game isn't there,

The Eagles will exploit this and force the issue of abandoning the running game, and that's where it begins to spiral down, and it will be the simple blueprint for opponents to go by when facing the Redskins.

Gruden has yet to prove he has shaken off his old habits, and yes he will be put in that situation again. If the game is close in the 4th, for reasons unknown, he seems to become predictable in his playcalling, and there's no one offensively who is a threat to any defense; at least no one I've seen thus far, so he will be between a rock and a hard place.

I don't like being a Debbie-downer, but honestly this year I have the least amount of confidence in this team. One thing to keep in mind, if the offense does sputter, the defense cannot carry this team; its just not good enough to do so, and after a few games they will be worn out from being on the field too long, and that gets in their heads, mentally, along with whatever injuries happen. It could be one massive collapse by mid-season that causes Dan to snap his fingers.  I hope I am wrong, I absolutely hate this feeling, but I've grown tired of smoke being blown into a certain body orifice.

The proof is in the pudding, but spoons are in short supply...

1 hour ago, skins island connection said:

Well, I feel 1-4 is probably more realistic than 0-5. At least at the moment.

Let's face it, offensively, this team doesn't have the firepower to win many games. A fairly good running game, yes, but the aerial game isn't there,

The Eagles will exploit this and force the issue of abandoning the running game, and that's where it begins to spiral down, and it will be the simple blueprint for opponents to go by when facing the Redskins.

Gruden has yet to prove he has shaken off his old habits, and yes he will be put in that situation again. If the game is close in the 4th, for reasons unknown, he seems to become predictable in his playcalling, and there's no one offensively who is a threat to any defense; at least no one I've seen thus far, so he will be between a rock and a hard place.

I don't like being a Debbie-downer, but honestly this year I have the least amount of confidence in this team. One thing to keep in mind, if the offense does sputter, the defense cannot carry this team; its just not good enough to do so, and after a few games they will be worn out from being on the field too long, and that gets in their heads, mentally, along with whatever injuries happen. It could be one massive collapse by mid-season that causes Dan to snap his fingers.  I hope I am wrong, I absolutely hate this feeling, but I've grown tired of smoke being blown into a certain body orifice.

The proof is in the pudding, but spoons are in short supply...

I cannot disagree, this is the most likely scenario but I do have some hope after last night, a horrible season doesn't seem inevitable to me today.  I am going to cling to that faint hope as long as I can.

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Philly is stacked guys. A win in their house would be one of the bigger upsets of the NFL season.

But you never know. Last year the Bucs won their season opener in New Orleans. Saints went on to go 13-3 and the Bucs sucked.

Week 1 is wacky.

Week 1 is indeed wacky. ANYTHING can happen in week 1.

Only hope for a win in Philly (based on my opinion on what I've currently seen from the team) is catching Philly napping, or they come out rusty and get behind, and the defense manages to shut down a potential game winning drive at the end.  Otherwise, nah bruh. 

41 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Only hope for a win in Philly (based on my opinion on what I've currently seen from the team) is catching Philly napping, or they come out rusty and get behind, and the defense manages to shut down a potential game winning drive at the end.  Otherwise, nah bruh. 

Perhaps Philly's offense will be a little out of sync and the Redskin defense and ball control offense can limit Philly's opportunities and points enough to squeak out a win.  I wouldn't bet on it or predict it but there is the chance for an upset win.

7 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Perhaps Philly's offense will be a little out of sync and the Redskin defense and ball control offense can limit Philly's opportunities and points enough to squeak out a win.  I wouldn't bet on it or may predict it but there is the chance for an upset win.

I also think one big tell for the game will be if Washington blows early opportunities.  Remember the MNF opener against Pittsburgh a few seasons ago?  Defense was forcing turnovers early, giving the offense a short field....I think it resulted in nothing but a 6-0 lead or something lame.   Pittsburgh was clearly the better team when all was said and done, however they looked sloppy for the first quarter and a half, had the offense converted those short field possessions into TDs instead, you put a team behind the 8 ball early.

16 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Or Philly reads all the projections about the Redskins and thinks the game will be a cakewalk.

As others have said, anything can happen in week 1.

"Anything can happen in week 1"

But come week 13 or 14 and Redskins fans are talking the draft, next year, and Doofus Dan and Bumbling Bruce.

2 more years will be the 30 year anniversary of the last great Redskins team. I was 18 years old then, soon to be 50.

Fun fun fun times brought to you by Dan E. L. Snyder, Super Genius.

They're going to be awful.  They're probably the worst team in arguably the worst division in the NFC. Who are they better than?  Maybe Tampa?  The Cardinals?  Strap in for probably the ugliest year in a long time.  They'll start either 0-5 or 1-4 if they beat the Giants.  I'd bet 0-5.

I'm new to this forum but here's my 2 cents. I would have agreed with 0-5 until I saw how good Guice looked on the field against Atlanta Thursday. If he can keep that up and with Peterson also in the backfield, Case Keenum's passing game might not be as much of an issue as it otherwise might be. Still, 2-3 looks about right to me for the  first 5 games.

14 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I'm new to this forum but here's my 2 cents. I would have agreed with 0-5 until I saw how good Guice looked on the field against Atlanta Thursday. If he can keep that up and with Peterson also in the backfield, Case Keenum's passing game might not be as much of an issue as it otherwise might be. Still, 2-3 looks about right to me for the  first 5 games.

I have similar feelings.

We arguably have the #1 unit on the offensive side, and the #1 unit on the defensive side.

AP, Guice, and CT is a backfield that's hard to beat.

While Allen, Payne, Ioannidis, Kerrigan, Sweat, and Settle alternating is a DL that's hard to beat.

A #1 unit on BOTH sides of the ball is going to make us very competitive all by itself, and that's not even considering that other units could exceed expectations.

So I don't see any way we go 0-5

44 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

He's barely played yet. I hope he works out for us.

Me too..i was upset to see him go..he made some game changing plays for us....last year at home against dallas was epic!!

13 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I expect to lose against Philly like 20-13 but it is Wentz first game played in like 8 months so maybe he’s rusty? 

I just dont expect anything from the offense outside of a few nice runs from the RBs. 

I could see case and v Davis hooking up mixed in with running the ball...I think our d will surprise some folks week 1..

Archived