Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone catch LAvar on 980 yesterday

gbear

One interesting thing from the show was him saying that he has not turned down a contract offer from the Skins. What's more, he said there has been no fromal offer yet ass his guys are still talking with management.

He did seem a bit miffed that the story got out that he had turned something down. He was even more upset because the numbers were pretty close to what was being discussed so they must have been leaked. He said he thought it was managements way of trying to bring down his value by turning some of the fans against him. HE went on to say he'll be here for the forseeable future.

...my side notes:

Also, Lavar made a point about how he has been willing to restructure his deal the past two years "for the benefit of the team." He seemed to think he deserved credit for this. Are those restructures generally in favor the players because it means more garunteed money?

I can totally see our front office doing this (trashing him in the press), but why? Are they trying to alllienate a guy they supposedly want to stick around? Is this a good way to go about negotiations? Isn't this some of what happened Jansen?

We need a GM. If for no other reason we need one capable of handling contract negotiations with out both alienating the players andwithout overpaying. Our current situation seems like the worst of all possible outcomes. We piss off our players. Then we overpay them.

:doh:

And yet, somebody leaked that Lavar turned down an offer. What's more, it was somebody who knew a fair amount about the dealings.

Exactly- Lavar turned the offer down. Maybe not officially, but he turned it down.

As for the previous restructuring, it does guarantee the money, but I believe that they he got less in a lump sum than he would have received in those seasons anyway.

Plus, he has to pay his agent and deal with the mess every off-season...it's got to be annoying.

Archived