Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Improvements - 2019 Season

Howie411

I didn't go last night, and don't have season tickets. Don't want to hijack the thread, but I think it has to be tough to evaluate improvements when you have crowds that look as sparse as it did on TV (and in Steinberg's picture below, although its tough to tell exactly at what point in the game that was taken). I essentially had club level season tickets from 1999-2013 (10 years through the Redskins, four years from someone who was selling his on Ebay…..2009 was an interim year where we just went through Stubhub). But in all of those years, seems like you had at least decent crowds in preseason. In 2015 I bought a ticket on Stubhub for the Detroit game (where RG3 got lit up) in the same club section where a friend was, and I remember the section (327) being fairly full for that game. Last year was the first year I went back for a preseason game (Jets) and the difference in crowd size was so noticeable. I was literally the only person in the upper portion of a midfield club section.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the Ravens game tonight and here is my take on improvements.

1.  The Season Ticket Holder lines are not working.  At least in the club level (where I enjoyed sitting tonight).  They did not even check to see if you were a STM.

2.  The discounts on food are still bad or non-existant.   Paid $7 for a milkshake at JR.  No discount

3.  New Parking Passes are horrible.  I got to the stadium at 4 (before most of the crowds and it took the lady almost 5 minutes to scan my parking pass on my phone.  Can't imagine as the traffic gets worse.

Some other random notes:

Usher doing a horrible job of policing seats.  (Yes I know its pre-season) but this group of like 8 guys must have switched seats like 7 times during the game in front of us.

Milkshake at JR.  This wasn't a milkshake, it was a gross cup of icicles.    Its like they pulled it out of the freezer and for the first 15 minutes it wasn't even drinkable or stir-able.  Was like trying to eat ice crystals.

10 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Milkshake at JR.  This wasn't a milkshake, it was a gross cup of icicles.    Its like they pulled it out of the freezer and for the first 15 minutes it wasn't even drinkable or stir-able.  Was like trying to eat ice crystals.

They didn't even have chocolate shakes available at the club level JR an hour before kickoff of the preseason game I attended last year. I made sure to note that to the acolyte at the top of the escalator who was trying to sell me club season tickets. 

Archived