• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

TK

ES Exclusive - 10 Questions

Back at the beginning of Camp, we sent our very own @Spaceman Spiff to Richmond. You've already seen his DAY 1 & his DAY 2 photos. Well we managed to also arm him with his iPhone & a list of 10 Questions & no chaperone. Though we may need to re-think that last one... :kickcan: 

Anyways, here's what he captured & for the record, gas is the wrong answer though the judges have accepted wood as an alternate, correct answer. :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Embarrassed to ask, but who's the guy, who's the 2nd one down on the right side ?

also, the 3rd down on the right ?

3rd down on the right is Brian Mitchell.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok I was about 90% sure it was him, but I hesitated because he's lookin young and great for his age.

So noone knows the other one I asked about ?

Long snapper, the most tenured Redskin, Nick Sundberg.  Actually, I think it's a tie between him and Trent.

@TK you get the ones with Vernon Davis? :ols:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@TK you get the ones with Vernon Davis? :ols:

Yeah I’ve got em but it’s a 50mb upload limit per post so....

ok full disclosure

So you really want to show those? :ols:

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

No worries...Davis is so old, that none of us would recognize the stuff he's into, anyway.

jk !

I feel personally attacked.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TK said:

Yeah I’ve got em but it’s a 50mb upload limit per post so....

ok full disclosure

So you really want to show those? :ols:

:ols: He took it more seriously than the rest of them! 

• Haha 1

1)  Awesome idea, this is fantastic

2)  If I got the chance to do this, I would totally pretend I knew any of the current albums mentioned and then somehow refer to them as on fleek

3)  @Spaceman Spiff Charcoal?  Seriously?

My boy Hank Hill has a response for that:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

3)  @Spaceman Spiff Charcoal?  Seriously?

My boy Hank Hill has a response for that:

Charcoal has long been the correct answer around these parts.  And if you'll notice, Hank didn't have a proper answer for Bobby's correct take.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2019 at 6:12 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

2 guys said Ioan was best trash talker. Was not expecting that.

Interesting is that he got one from the punter. I can understand Richardson naming Norman because he's facing him all day long, but I have a hard time imagining Tress Way facing Matt Ioannidis on 1 on 1 lol.

Best part is that Jay Gruden got a vote also!

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Charcoal has long been the correct answer around these parts.  And if you'll notice, Hank didn't have a proper answer for Bobby's correct take.

We only use propane because that's what was on sale.  But man, both times a year when I fire up that grill, it's with the potential for a huge explosion.

No gas, though.  That's AFTER eating.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Charcoal has long been the correct answer.

Correct.

*Wood gets honorable mention 

• Like 1

Man this made Monday morning not as ****ty as usual. it's fun to see these guys talk candidly. 

Gas is for the weekdays, charcoal is for the weekends.