Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Space: 'Mad' Flat-Earther to Launch Himself 5,000 Feet Up on a Homemade Steam Rocket Sunday

China

16 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So, about 1/25 as high as Felix Bamgartner.  :754:

Flat earther idiot should have got corporate sponsorship from Red Bull and Go Pro and then maybe he could have funded a more impressive stunt.

And for those suggesting that steam powered is more eco friendly, where does the steam get its energy from? A nice coal burning furnace?

5 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

And for those suggesting that steam powered is more eco friendly, where does the steam get its energy from? A nice coal burning furnace?

I see your coal and raise you a diesel generator

diesel-generator-ev-charger-m.jpg

Flat Earther’s Homemade Rocket Grounded Due to Bad Craigslist Water Heater

I can’t believe that headline is real.

“Mad” Mike Hughes, the Flat Earther who planned to launch a rocket high enough to prove Earth is flat, saw his launch fail due to a bad water heater he bought on Craigslist.

We have covered Hughes several times over the past few years, including when the stuntman/limo driver responded to my inquiries with a stern, “GO **** YOURSELF.”

I contacted him for a comment on this story, but no luck.

The Wile E. Coyote of Flat Earthers has been thwarted by local governments and bad planning in the past, but this time his nemesis was a bad water heater.

According to Space.com:

According to Hughes’ publicist Darren Shuster, the faulty heater that Hughes bought for $325 off of Craigslist wasn’t able to heat the water to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius), the temperature required to create the steam to propel the rocket. Hughes paid $50 for the nose cone of the rocket, which he plans to launch off the back of a semi truck he was gifted. Shuster added that no one knows where the nose cone came from or what its original intent was, but Hughes modified it for its current purpose on the rocket. The launch is sponsored by hud, a casual dating app.

“I appreciate the support, love and excitement from everybody, and a delay will not stop my mission — the rocket is in place and needs a leak plugged up, so weekend is a go,” Hughes told Space.com.

Click on the link for more

On 8/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, Corcaigh said:

Flat earther idiot should have got corporate sponsorship from Red Bull and Go Pro and then maybe he could have funded a more impressive stunt.

Well he could use charcoal (a biofuel)

Threat to kill alleged over $10k flat Earth bet

A $10,000 bet between two Queenstown men over whether the Earth is flat or round resulted in one being charged with threatening to kill the other.

Jamie Mathew Sutherland (36), car groomer, of Frankton, denied threatening to kill Louie Lanz in Queenstown on February 14 - an incident which resulted from a dinner the pair had a couple of months earlier, during which the bet was made.

Giving evidence in the Queenstown District Court before Judge Bernadette Farnan this morning, Mr Lanz, a tennis instructor, said the pair had known each other since primary school and over dinner in Queenstown he spoke about ''the flat Earth, because I believe it's flat''.

"I said 'I will bet you $10,000 it's flat'.

"Mr Sutherland quickly jumped on that bet - we shook hands and then he said 'you owe me $10,000'.''

Mr Lanz then told Sutherland he would have to ''pay up'', which the defendant disagreed with, believing the Earth was round.

Some time later the pair encountered each other at a petrol station - Sutherland mentioned he ''wanted his money''.

"He was starting to make threats in order for me to pay up. 

"I believe I've won. I believe I'm right.

"It was kind of a joke for me - it was more of a 'I bet you $10,000 because I'm so sure I'm right'.

"I told him many times it was just a joke bet ... the way I said it was in a joking manner; he just didn't take it that way.''

Click on the link for the full article

On 8/14/2019 at 6:13 PM, China said:

Flat Earther’s Homemade Rocket Grounded Due to Bad Craigslist Water Heater

“Mad” Mike Hughes, the Flat Earther who planned to launch a rocket high enough to prove Earth is flat, saw his launch fail due to a bad water heater he bought on Craigslist.

He really should have searched round the globe for the best water heater possible, for a feat like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Inside Flat Earth conference where conspiracy theorists try to build a rocket program to ‘expose government lies’

WE live on a disc in a giant snow globe – but the world’s top nations are hiding the proof so they can plunder secret outer lands in Antarctica.

Who says so? Followers of the Flat Earth movement, who attended a conference in Shropshire at the weekend to discuss their theory that the Earth is like a dinner plate.

And the odd idea is gaining momentum following hit Netflix documentary Behind The Curve.

A YouGov poll this year said three per cent of the UK’s adult population believed the Earth was flat — roughly 1.6million people.

Famous followers include former boxer Carl Froch and rapper B.o.B.. Even Top Gear presenter Freddie Flintoff has admitted he’s interested in the idea, recently saying “anything is possible”.

GRAVITY IS A MYTH
Blogger Mark Sargent, who has become a celebrity since starring in the Netflix show, was one of the speakers at the conference, where tickets cost £55 for one day and £700 for the full residential treatment.

Mark, 51, who has just finished a European tour taking in Stockholm, Dublin, Belfast and Cardiff, thinks we live on a flat disc covered by a dome — a bit like a snow globe.

But he admitted: “To prove that we would have to have our own rocket program.”

Others claim gravity is a myth, there is no such thing as space, the Sun isn’t 93million miles away and the edge of the planet is a huge wall of ice.

“Why would the world’s most powerful nations spend trillions on bogus space programs?”

According to Robin and Mark, they discovered secret lands “beyond the rim” of our pancake-shaped planet in 1952 during an expedition to Antarctica. At that point they realised Earth wasn’t a globe, but didn’t tell the rest of us because they wanted to keep the resources in these outer lands, including gold and oil, for themselves.

NINTCHDBPICT000522136697.jpg?w=620

The theory says Nasa discovered secret lands 'beyond the rim' of our pancake-shaped planet in

1952 during an expedition to Antarctica

Click on the link for more

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Am I the only one bothered that theres a hit Netflix documentary?  Like, Netflix, why?

We should regulate fake documentaries.

I haven't seen it, but I don't believe its actually supporting the "theory".  The whole thing is leading up to the experiment that will "prove" flat earth only for it to not work out as they expected followed by them being confused, and then rationalizing why it didn't work.

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I haven't seen it, but I don't believe its actually supporting the "theory".  The whole thing is leading up to the experiment that will "prove" flat earth only for it to not work out as they expected followed by them being confused, and then rationalizing why it didn't work.

Makes sense, not suprised someone scrubbed the ending off the wiki page, because that's first place I went to confirm how it went.  I was pissed by the comments on giving it a chance that anything is possible and passing that off as critical thinking. 

I wish they'd all give not breathing a chance for 30 minutes jus to confirm that whole brain damage thing isnt true, ya never know, right?  Call it the 30 minute challenge, they cant hid the truth forever!

Archived