Sign in to follow this  
SkinsWmsbg

Romantic places to stay in Virginia

I want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday at the begining of October and take her away for a night.  I live in Hampton Roads now and dont know much about the western part of the state.

She loves beautiful scenary with hills/mountains... any recommendations for a place to stay with fantastic scenary around the Charlottesville area?

• Like 1

Check out House Mountain Inn in Lexington. Absolutely beautiful secluded location. Free wine and cheese hour and gourmet dinner/ breakfast included. A little past Charlottesville but if you want small town I’m pretty partial to Lexington. 😎

Howdy. Charlottesville area native here. I live pretty close to the aforementioned winery in Afton. It’s a stunningly beautiful area and October is a great time to visit. 

What do you guys enjoy doing? Do you and your girlfriend enjoy wine and/or beer? Hiking? Taking in natural beauty without breaking a sweat? I’m here to help. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 2

AED5030B-DE0E-4F6A-95FC-56BCC2C7BE72.jpeg

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

Howdy. Charlottesville area native here. I live pretty close to the aforementioned winery in Afton. It’s a stunningly beautiful area and October is a great place to visit. 

What do you guys enjoy doing? Do you and your girlfriend enjoy wine and/or beer? Hiking? Taking in natural beauty without breaking a sweat? I’m here to help. 

Glad you mentioned wine and beer. Nelson 151 is a place you can go nuts in for hours and take some pretty sweet tours. 

45 minutes ago, SkinsWmsbg said:

I want to surprise my girlfriend for her birthday at the begining of October and take her away for a night.  I live in Hampton Roads now and dont know much about the western part of the state.

She loves beautiful scenary with hills/mountains... any recommendations for a place to stay with fantastic scenary around the Charlottesville area?

Hi.  Totally not what you asked for, but,  West Virginia isn’t that much further. And early October correspond with Bridge Day at the new river, where people gather to jump off the largest arch bridge in the western hemosphere. Now that’s romantic.

https://officialbridgeday.com/

6 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

My bedroom! Oh yeah!

He is looking for a romantic stay, not a very brief and disappointing one.

9 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

He is looking for a romantic stay, not a very brief and disappointing one.

I took away the suggestion box, so technically, I haven't had any complaints. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, China said:

Sure, if you want to spend a grand a night.  We're not all rich lawyers like you.  :) 

You vermin should stay the hell away from my nice places. 🎩

• Haha 2

OP never came back. I’m going to choose to believe his girlfriend dumped him and this vacation idea was a desperate last attempt at saving the relationship. Sorry OP, there are other fish in the sea.