Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden and Michaels.....HTTR is the best

gridironmike

Originally posted by NoCalMike

I have a question about the song: On the "rah rah rah" parts.......do people still say, "rah rah rah" cause when I was at the game I swore I people said, "fight fight fight" at that part......maybe my memory is just a litttle gray at the moment.

Alot of people don't know all of the words but try to sing along anyhow. The Miami Dolphins have the same version of that Houston Oilers song.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Beat 'em, Swamp 'em,

Touchdown! -- Let the points soar!

Fight on, fight on 'Til you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old D.C.!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The original words were:

Hail to the Redskins!

Hail Victory!

Braves on the Warpath!

Fight for old Dixie!

Run or pass and score -- we want a lot more!

Scalp 'em, swamp 'em -- We will take 'em big score

Read 'em, weep 'em, touchdown - we want heap more

Fight on, Fight on -- 'Till you have won

Sons of Wash-ing-ton. Rah!, Rah!, Rah!

Originally posted by gridironmike

Alot of people don't know all of the words but try to sing along anyhow. The Miami Dolphins have the same version of that Houston Oilers song.

Miami ripped it off.

Our song written by George Preston Marshall's wife, Corrine Griffith. She wrote a good book in 1947 about being the wife of the Redskins owner. It's kind of rare and occasionally appears on ebay. It took three times before I won an auction to get it. Best of all the one I won has the original dustjacket!:cool: I swell up with pride everytime I hear "Hail To The Redskins!" even when we stink. As bad as we are now you can't deny our past and our storied history. Sammy Baugh epitomizes what being a champion on a storied franchise is like. Riggo and others are like gods, but Sammy is Zeus of our team. He's the last surviving superstar of his era.:notworthy It's comparable to a Lou Gehrig or DiMaggio being still alive.

Archived