Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am 2-3 in one league, been stupidly going with Baker Mayfield at QB every week. So desperate for QB help that I offered Christian McCaffrey, Mayfield, and Demarcus Robinson for Lamar Jackson, Amari Cooper, and Ronald Jones. This guy countered with Jackson, Brandin Cooks, and Royce Freeman for David Johnson and Christian Kirk 🤣 Uhhhh yeah I accept that buddy thanks. He has Deshaun Watson as a backup QB, maybe Jackson is expendable to him.

I realize it was equally insane of me to risk departing with McCaffrey, but now I get to keep him. Guess dude didn't want him and would rather have Johnson. My receivers suck too which is why I needed a WR upgrade.

*update* I just offered McCaffrey for Chubb and Thielen. Think dude will accept? Is this a good or bad move for me? I need WR help badly and McCaffrey's stock is as high as it's gonna get.

So, I went to bed expecting a loss. After a surprisingly bad week from the Cowboys receivers in particular, I was up 13, and he had Aaron Jones to go at home to Detroit under the Monday Night Lights .....

But the FF Gods smiled on me, Jones had an error strewn game, and I extended the current winning streak to 3 straight with a 109.40- 104.40 victory. 

Now sat in a three way tie for second at 4-2 (the leader is still undefeated at 6-0), with the next 4 teams a game back at 3-3. Could do with upping the scoring though. I've now dropped to 5th highest in the league after a couple of low output weeks. 

4 wins down, 8 to go. 

Hail. 

5 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So, I went to bed expecting a loss. After a surprisingly bad week from the Cowboys receivers in particular, I was up 13, and he had Aaron Jones to go at home to Detroit under the Monday Night Lights .....

But the FF Gods smiled on me, Jones had an error strewn game, and I extended the current winning streak to 3 straight with a 109.40- 104.40 victory. 

Now sat in a three way tie for second at 4-2 (the leader is still undefeated at 6-0), with the next 4 teams a game back at 3-3. Could do with upping the scoring though. I've now dropped to 5th highest in the league after a couple of low output weeks. 

4 wins down, 8 to go. 

Hail. 

Sounds like my weekend..and year lol. I'm also 4-2 winning 3 straight. Only won by 3 points this week playing against Zeke Elliot...that end of that Cowboys game was not fun knowing Zeke was in the red zone. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:34 AM, abdcskins said:

I am 2-3 in one league, been stupidly going with Baker Mayfield at QB every week. So desperate for QB help that I offered Christian McCaffrey, Mayfield, and Demarcus Robinson for Lamar Jackson, Amari Cooper, and Ronald Jones. This guy countered with Jackson, Brandin Cooks, and Royce Freeman for David Johnson and Christian Kirk 🤣 Uhhhh yeah I accept that buddy thanks. He has Deshaun Watson as a backup QB, maybe Jackson is expendable to him.

I realize it was equally insane of me to risk departing with McCaffrey, but now I get to keep him. Guess dude didn't want him and would rather have Johnson. My receivers suck too which is why I needed a WR upgrade.

*update* I just offered McCaffrey for Chubb and Thielen. Think dude will accept? Is this a good or bad move for me? I need WR help badly and McCaffrey's stock is as high as it's gonna get.

Depends on his WR situation. I will overpay for slight improvements at this point in the season if my starting roster is improved. I offered my #1 RB Conner with two bench players (Galloday and Flacco {2QB League} for McCaffrey. - he needs the WR and QB.

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Favored to win by 30 and lost by 30 (Diggs). That's how FF rolls. 5-1 though with the bye weeks coming hard now. 

Anyone thinking about Scary Terry at flex this weekend? It's a horrible matchup but I think Keenum has to throw when they're down 25+ in the 2nd half.

I am. I think he is in the top 10 in points this season. Plus for me Cooper might be out. 

Just offered LeSean McCoy and Tyrell Williams for Lamar Jackson.

Context: 10 team money league

My team 6-0, highest scoring team in league by 100+

His team 3-3, 2nd lowest scoring team in league

Me:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Sony Michel, Tevin Coleman, LeSean McCoy

WR: Chris Godwin, DJ Chark, DJ Moore, John Brown, Tyrell Williams

TE: Travis Kelce, Hunter Henry

K: Harrison Butker

Def: Patriots

His team:

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Marlon Mack, David Montgomery, Kenyon Drake, Peyton Barber, Adrian Peterson, Duke Johnson

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Robby Anderson, Sterling Shepard

TE: Zach Ertz

K: Ka'imi Fairbairn

Def: Chargers

My rationale is to acquire and maintain depth so even a major injury doesn't derail my season and for whatever reason this league hoards QBs.  There are 21 rostered QBs...10 teams and I have one.  Just looking for alternative viewpoints, thanks.

12 hours ago, killerbee99 said:

I got offered Zeke and Fournette for McCaffery..... My lineup. Is Rivers, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Jared Cook  TE, Melvin Mack, McCaffery, Kicker and defense... I am currently 1-4, very tempting don't know what to do

I'd personally keep McCaffrey. Assuming 2 RBs and 1 flex. I'd look at upgrading QB and TE.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:22 AM, Epochalypse said:

Just offered LeSean McCoy and Tyrell Williams for Lamar Jackson.

Context: 10 team money league

My team 6-0, highest scoring team in league by 100+

His team 3-3, 2nd lowest scoring team in league

Me:

QB: Russell Wilson

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Sony Michel, Tevin Coleman, LeSean McCoy

WR: Chris Godwin, DJ Chark, DJ Moore, John Brown, Tyrell Williams

TE: Travis Kelce, Hunter Henry

K: Harrison Butker

Def: Patriots

His team:

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson

RB: Marlon Mack, David Montgomery, Kenyon Drake, Peyton Barber, Adrian Peterson, Duke Johnson

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Larry Fitzgerald, Jarvis Landry, Robby Anderson, Sterling Shepard

TE: Zach Ertz

K: Ka'imi Fairbairn

Def: Chargers

My rationale is to acquire and maintain depth so even a major injury doesn't derail my season and for whatever reason this league hoards QBs.  There are 21 rostered QBs...10 teams and I have one.  Just looking for alternative viewpoints, thanks.

I'd personally keep McCaffrey. Assuming 2 RBs and 1 flex. I'd look at upgrading QB and TE.

I'd tell you thanks but I'm passing on that offer if I was him. I'd want Derrick Henry if I was him.  But If I were you I'd stand pat. (Oh additionally with Mohames out this trade would not longer be feasible).

I was one of those Fantasy owners that the Arizona Cards coaching staff royally ****ed this weekend.  Wonder how many teams started Johnson or had Edmonds on their bench.

13 minutes ago, killerbee99 said:

Still being OFFERED Zeke and Fournette for McCaffery... Please tell me I'm right for not taking this offer

It depends on who your second RB is behind McCaffery because Zeke and Fournette is a pretty good offer for CMC. If your second RB is not that good, I would take it.

My lineup. Is Rivers, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Jared Cook  TE, Melvin Mack, McCaffery, Kicker and defense... I also have White RB from NE and McCoy on the bench

QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, FLEX, TE, K, DEF

I got Kenaan, TY, Evans at WR and flex.... Funny thing though... This dude took Fournette from me. 1 slot ahead of me in 4th round, and I took Mack, I took McCaffery ahead of him and he took Zeke... 

That’s a tough call because Fournette is better than Mack but it’s not a massive upgrade. The main benefit of this trade is that you give yourself some bench depth in case one of your primary backs is injured.

Seems like an unnecessary trade tbh, stick with your line up especially since CMC and Mack are both past their bye weeks. 

Anyone else have a crazy week in their leagues? 3 teams went over 100 points, out of the other 7 teams, I was the only one to break 70 points. ( i still have Brady and Bell tonight).

I also made maybe the dumbest mistake I've ever made in FF. I dropped Edmunds right before the games started and picked up....Agholor. 🤮 I was worried about Cooper missing the game, and needed a late night player just in case. 

2 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

Anyone else have a crazy week in their leagues? 3 teams went over 100 points, out of the other 7 teams, I was the only one to break 70 points. ( i still have Brady and Bell tonight).

I also made maybe the dumbest mistake I've ever made in FF. I dropped Edmunds right before the games started and picked up....Agholor. 🤮 I was worried about Cooper missing the game, and needed a late night player just in case. 

Oof. Yeah that stinks re: Edmonds.

It was a very strange week. In my main league ... our average score per week tends to hover between 122 and 135. There's always fluctuation and there tend to be some huge weeks and some big downer weeks. Two weeks ago the average score across the 10 teams was 144.5 ... which is insane. This week the average score is going to be 104.5.

Week 5: 161, 159, 175, 132, 166, 161, 125, 126, 131, 110 (144.5)

Week 7: 120, 69, 125, 136, 95, 80, 164, 79, 107, 71 (104.5)

The top team in our league historically averages between 140 and 145 PPG every year. Our current average across 7 weeks is 127. I am factoring in projections for the remaining players to go tonight in the final totals for Week 7.

Our top scoring team going into Week 7 was averaging 144 PPG ... he dropped the 4th lowest score in our league's 8 year history at 69 points this week. He gets a pass though. He was down CMC, Evans, DJ Moore and Odell Beckham.

There's one guy in my league that is almost as addicted to trading as I am. And he's a bit of a Taco, despite having one of the best seasons on record in our league (way back in 2011). I have made 3 trades with him this year ... and I just went back and reviewed them. Absolutely hilarious what we've done.

Trade 1 (prior to Week 2):

I sent him DK Metcalf and Mike Williams for JuJu Smith Schuster and Geronimo Allison

Trade 2 (prior to Week 4):

I sent him Marquise Brown and Tyler Eifert for Darren Waller and DK Metcalf (back to me)

Trade 3 (prior to Week 7):

I sent him Duke Johnson and DK Metcalf (back to him) for Mike Williams

Net after WW drops:

I sent: Marquise Brown, DK Melcalf

I received: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Darren Waller

On 10/15/2019 at 9:10 AM, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

4 wins down, 8 to go. 

Hail. 

Eerily similar scenario 2 weeks running .....

I went to bed expecting a loss. After Murray, Hyde and Gallup all S the bed massively, I was down 12.96. Except for this week, I had the last guy to go Monday night. Again a RB. Sony Michel at the Jets. I wasn't overly optimistic .....

But again, the FF Gods smiled on me and despite a woeful average that's dogged his whole year, the Pats RB added 3 TD's to extend the current win streak to 4 with a 109.16- 99.72 win. 

I'm now sat clear second at 5-2. Two games behind the leader who's still perfect at 7-0. A game clear of the next three teams who are 4-3. One of which I play this week in a BIG mid-season game. 

Breathing space. 

I have dropped to the 6th highest scoring team after a couple of terrible outputs of late. Be nice to flip that this coming weekend. 

5 wins down. 7 to go. 

21 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

Yup. Only 5 teams broke a 100 with just 2 going over 109. Three went under 87 points. 2 in one game! 

Mad low scoring week. 

Hail. 

Any long-time holder of Green? I drafted him for $8 in an auction, which at the time seemed like a bargain.

Seems like he'll be back Week 10 whether with the Bengals or a team like the Packers or 49ers.

I am about to trade Murray and AJ Green to the Kamara owner in my league for Josh Jacobs. Would give me Cook, Chubb and Jacobs at RB, RB, FLex. Think I made out okay on that one, frankly because I'm sick of waiting on AJ Green and Murray is a guy I just added before this week and got 29 points from off the WW.

My season has probably been saved! Thankfully one owner decided to release Cousins a couple of weeks ago and I gladly picked him up.  Cause I had Trubinsky, Mayfield, and Dalton!  I have a 12 team league and I've always waited like the 6th round to draft a QB.  Well, this year it finally haunted me! 

Just traded McCaffrey, Valdes-Scantling, and Kerryon Johnson (who went to IR today) for Travis Kelce, Marlon Mack, and Julio Jones.  Essentially a three for one deal.  I will miss McCaffrey, but I feel like I got a huge haul.  Same league I made the David Johnson/Kirk trade for Cooks, Freeman, and Lamar Jackson.  My team is stacked.  Starting lineup will look like this -

QB- Lamar Jackson

WR- Brandin Cooks

WR- Julio Jones

WR- DJ Moore

RB- Marlon Mack

RB- Chase Edmonds

TE- Travis Kelce

W/R/T- Royce Freeman

K- Matt Prater

DEF- Rams

In fourth place at 4-3.  Bench isn't very good but whatever (got Mayfield starting this week). 

i was tied for the lowest score in the league last week...and got a tie for the week.

this week, i am the 2nd lowest scorer in the league... and secured the win :)

On the season i am 6-1-1, and alone in first place ....... sometimes it is better to be lucky than to be good.      (although...even with the last two weeks of crap scoring--- i AM still second in the league for year-to-date scoring... so pppbbbbbtttttttt  )

Archived