Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

17 minutes ago, dchogs said:

12 team draft.  non-PPR.  1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, D, K.  

QB: Newton

RB: McCaffery, Carson, Murray, R.Jones

WR: K.Allen, Cooks, Lockett, Jeffrey, Pettis, Wilson

TE: Reed, Waller

K;  Tucker

😧 Philly

Thoughts?

Your starting 2 RBs are excellent but depth will be an issue. WR depth is great and very good starters - assume you'll be flexing a WR. TE are weak.  Reed still isn't cleared and this could linger.

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Drafting 2 QBs is a little outdated.

Actually, as a strategy I like to stream QBs week to week like a K or D. There will always be 10+ starting QBs on the waiver wire each week.

E.g. Nick Foles could be a good option this week if KC lights up the scoreboard, SF/TB game should be high scoring either QB could be an option, Den/Oak matchup as well, someone's going to show up on MNF.

Unless it is a 2 QB league and then you go crazy and grab all of them.  (2 QB leagues are fun - makes for a great draft).

Last Draft of the year for me. $100  2QB Superflex PPR. Thoughts. (QBs went real heavy early allowed me to get a couple of WR steals  - only have to start 1 RB).

Thoughts?

Player Pos Team Bye Pick
Winston, Jameis QB TBB 7 4.4
Murray, Kyler QB ARI 12 6.4
Carson, Chris RB SEA 11 5.9
Ekeler, Austin RB LAC 12 7.9
Guice, Derrius RB WAS 10 9.9
Sanders, Miles RB PHI 10 10.4
Ogunbowale, Dare RB TBB 7 17.9
Pollard, Tony RB DAL 8 18.4
Hopkins, DeAndre WR HOU 10 1.9
Adams, Davante WR GBP 11 2.4
Allen, Keenan WR LAC 12 3.9
Fitzgerald, Larry WR ARI 12 11.9
Crowder, Jamison WR NYJ 4 12.4
Cook, Jared TE NOS 9 8.4
Andrews, Mark TE BAL 8 16.4
Zuerlein, Greg K LAR 9 13.9
BAL Ravens D BAL 8 14.4
MIN Vikings D MIN 12 15.9

Guess I'll post my team.

QB: Cam Newton, Russel Wilson

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Derrick Henry, LeSean McCoy, Rashaad Penny

WR: Chris Godwin, Mike Williams, DJ Moore, John Brown

TE: Travis Kelce, Vance McDonald

K: Harrison Butker

Def: Ravens

With exception of WR I feel pretty good.

10 hours ago, nonniey said:

Last Draft of the year for me. $100  2QB Superflex PPR. Thoughts. (QBs went real heavy early allowed me to get a couple of WR steals  - only have to start 1 RB).

Thoughts?

Chris Carson can carry this team. I like the Seahawks schedule for fantasy purposes and they get all the NFCW teams twice. Not like back in the day where a SEA SF game would be a 100% defensive matchup. 

I'm wondering who see touches in this offense besides Locket and Carson. Metcalf just had surgery, but is somehow going to play week 1. They also drafted Gary Jennings in the 4th who has been very quiet but might be starting. 

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

@nonniey Strong team.

My only critique is that I'm a little confused about having so many RBs in a PPR league where you only need to start one. Seems like a deeper WR bench would be more useful.

Well I figured I was so strong at WR that I would take a chance on a sleeper or 2 at RB for my bench (I only have to start 1 but can start 2).  I would have preferred to take a 3rd, 4th and even 5th QB but they all went way early (too early imo - which of course allowed me to get my top 3 WRs) there were no starters or likely eventual starters left to draft in the back half of the draft. 

Ok. FF time again! 

Here’s this years team as I bid to become the first 3 time winner in the annual ES league. Now in its 8th season.

08AE5CC3-FEB5-48A2-BDF9-86302BD1ACFD.png.47b005d86fba9125eda1433331a32531.png

I pulled the horrible 10th pick slot so I was stuck between a rock and a hard place on availability/ priority. 

Relatively happy with how it panned out all things considered. As always, health will be a key factor. 

All the best to everyone this year. 

Let’s have a blast as always! 

Hail. 

32 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Cook at 10 was a solid pick/steal (assuming that's what you did). 

I dislike Panther Wrs (Moore, woof) but I'm sure that will be proven wrong today.

As an aside.. does Guice become a solid flex today? Or too much risk for being unproven?

Yup. I went with the best cowbell back on the board at 10 and turned around the start the second with a positional stud in Kelce. Good few years since i've drafted that low and it seemed the best strategy for quality positional strength. 

As far as Guice, I sincerely hope I'm proven WAY wrong but I've always thought he was over hyped/ rated. Lead to some heated discussion on here back in that draft when I wasn't high on him. Not a bad player. I just don't think he'll ever be in the Zeke/ Barkley, top echelon, difference making type of back bracket currently within the division. 

I guess the one safeguard you'll get is volume in fantasy. So it's upto him what he makes of it. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Panic setting in. Not because I didn't love my roster before yestearday and it laid a bit of a dud. But because i have gone into every season the last 2 years very excited about my team, and shrugged off Week 1 duds before going a combined 7-19 the last 2 seasons (after winning previous two years).

Please, someone tell me I will be okay. I'm most terrified by QB, because that's been an achilles heel, and I took the "just draft 1 QB and Winston is gonna blow up this year" chat that seemed to be prevalent all off-season. I got Winston (My #2 cheap target) after missing out on Lamar Jackson, my #1 target who got priced up in an auction. Doh.

QB: Winston

RB: Chubb, Cook, White, Duke Johnson, Guice

WR: Adams, Cooks, Williams, AJ Green

TE: Hockenson

Basically, my entire bench, which I thought was (and Fantasy Pros said it was) the best, also had massive duds. I'm planning to target (moderately but not too aggressviely because it's just 1 week) John Ross, Marquise Brown and Ronald Jones on Faab and have Justin Jackson, Rashaad Penny lined up to be dropped.

I also plan to hold Winston to see what happens. But am also looking to grab Josh Allen to stream next week.

Jaemis Winston is not good.  I don't get the hype with him.  You'd be better off with any number of QBs that can reliably hold down their starting job.  Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins never get drafted and they'd be better options.  So would somebody like the kid for Oakland.  You should never have to settle for a guy who is a hair away from getting benched like Winston, nor an utterly unreliable second year flier like Josh Allen.

Well I have have bunch of teams and decided for some reason to pick up McLaurin in many of them before kick-off yesterday - One of my better decisions. (Started him in one league in lieu of Diggs (other option was Jeffery so couldn't lose on that choice).  

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jaemis Winston is not good.  I don't get the hype with him.  You'd be better off with any number of QBs that can reliably hold down their starting job.  Dak Prescott and Kirk Cousins never get drafted and they'd be better options.  So would somebody like the kid for Oakland.  You should never have to settle for a guy who is a hair away from getting benched like Winston, nor an utterly unreliable second year flier like Josh Allen.

i bought hard into the Fantasy Pros podcast narrative this off-season that Winston's season-long stats would finish Top 5. Because he will put up nearly 5,000 yards and 30 TDs and there's nobody there to challenge him for that role. He will throw 30 interceptions in the process, but this is fantasy and not reality. Terrible defense + pass-heavy offense = good things, usually.

Odd thing is there are a lot of teams in my league that went 2 QB ... so the usual suspects aren't really around on the WW. Allen is a turd. But he has some fantasy upside in Week 2 (and at this point I'm just streaming). Cousins, Rivers and Stafford are all on the WW too.

But this is reminding me strongly of the year that I opted to stream QBs. Drafted Mariota and RIvers 2 years ago, and both had awful first weeks. So i picked up Big Ben. Awful week2. This went on and on until 10 games into the season I had gotten 1 QB to give me more than 12 fantasy points. It was an absolute disaster. My fear is if I don't play the WW right, I could have similar issues. We'll see though. I'm thinking I can land RIvers fairly easily. Nobody else remotely needs a QB at this point, and I'll likely hang on to Winston, because for every dud, he has a big game. Now after TNF, I may drop him if this continues.

Archived