Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Toni Morrison

Spaceman Spiff

A bold, courageous, and brilliant writer. A great human. An amazing and important voice for the African American community specifically,  and a gift to historians and this mixed culture (hence, a better culture in every way imv). Thank you toni, RIP. You were, are, and will remain, an inspiration to many people, including many of very of diverse backgrounds. That's a great testimony to your truth telling.

This makes me incredibly sad. Toni Morrison's genius can't be overstated. Her writing style makes one work to read her books, but each and every one of her books I've read has been a masterpiece. That said, Beloved is one of my favorite novels of all time and one that every American, and even 'Muricuns should read.

She was one of the first novelists to really open my eyes to great literature and to African-American women's experience. I went to college about 10 miles south of her hometown, Lorain, Ohio, and Beloved was published during my very first semester. It hit like a comet and I have since held this great American artist in the highest regard. Unequivocally one of the greatest artists - in any medium - that this country has ever produced. Thank you and RIP.

Archived