Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ultimate betrayal!!!

GSF

My 3 year old boy and six year old girl like to watch Skins games with me and root for the Skins. They have their little t shirts, and I just ordered my daughter a little Skins Cheerleader outfit for Christmas. Well tonight as we were getting ready to put them down, one of the MNF commercials came on showing the Eagles. So my son says that the Eagles have cooler shirts and he wants to cheer for that team. Then my daughter jumps in and says, "yeah, we like the Eagles now Daddy, we don't want to cheer for the Redskins anymore. They always lose anyway."

The Horror. :doh:

Pop in a Hail to the Redskins cassette and maybe an NFL Films feature on George Allen. Then break out the glory days tapes of Theismann and Riggins (especially the run in Super Bowl XVII). The Fun Bunch would be a nice addition. Be sure to show them Darrell Green running down Tony Dorsett. The second quarter of Super Bowl XXII is a clinic. Come to think of it, just about any game from 1991. They'll come back around after that deluge. Oh yeah, boo the blue star.

kids like to rebel. when I was 6 my family moved out of the Maryland/DC area to Sacramento, CA( where I still live now) and I started to root for the 49ers for about a month or two, just because most of my friends did. My Dad corrected that behaivor without being to forceful which would have caused me to try and rebel even more.

As long as you go about it right, they will come around.

Originally posted by GSF

My 3 year old boy and six year old girl like to watch Skins games with me and root for the Skins. They have their little t shirts, and I just ordered my daughter a little Skins Cheerleader outfit for Christmas. Well tonight as we were getting ready to put them down, one of the MNF commercials came on showing the Eagles. So my son says that the Eagles have cooler shirts and he wants to cheer for that team. Then my daughter jumps in and says, "yeah, we like the Eagles now Daddy, we don't want to cheer for the Redskins anymore. They always lose anyway."

The Horror. :doh:

They are young and thus, are still young enough to be saved from the evils of the DARK SIDE!!!

Easy solution: play an old game instead. Play a Redskins game with wily old Joe Gibbs coaching and Dave Butts swinging his helmet like a lunchpail and John Riggins galloping through the wide open gates the Hogs are holding open for him.

They'll never know the difference. They don't read the papers, do they?

You see...you have to brainwash these kids from the get-go and make sure they turn out right. For my new nephew's birth gift last month, I sent my brother and sister-in-law two sets of infant Dallas Cowboys apparel. :D They don't live in Dallas and my brother isn't much of a football fan so I have to make sure my new nephew turns out right. ;)

Try this to re-condition your kids:

1. Scour ebay for plates with Eagles and Redskins logos.

2. Through a simple answer and question game try to determine their favorite and least favorite food.

3. Let some time pass after the game so that they forget that they ever divulged their preferences to you (a week will be long enough, to the youngens it seems like a year anyway).

4. Start serving their LEAST favorite dishes on Eagles plates for a week straight followed by a week of their MOST favorite dishes on Redskins plates.

5. After two weeks they may start to get suspicious so you will have to start alternating between the dishes but always keeping with the tactic of serving their favorite dishes on Redskins plates.

6. After about a month secretly discard the plates and then kick back and enjoy while watching your kids yell out in disgust as they watch McNabb praise yet another can of Chunky soup.

rofl at some of these responses. Love the "sign new kids in the offseason" I have a 9 y/o boy that loves the Skins but the other day he gets up after about 3 min and says he gonna go up to his room to play and then he turns around to me and said. "Enjoy watching the Redskins lose Daddy."

Archived