Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Are You Rich? This Income- Rank Quiz Might Change How You See Yourself

Bozo the kKklown

1 minute ago, twa said:

I've done pretty well with our money, the wife on the other hand apparently thinks spending it is a full time position. :pint:

I'm like the only person I know that doesn't have this problem.

My wife comes home from shopping and says she's sorry cause she spent 60$ and got 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants and some shoes.

And she makes twice what I make. It's crazy.

56 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It just tests what percentile of income you make vs what percentile of income you think is rich.  I was rich then I wasn’t.  

Agreed, it was just based on income, not net worth, not investments, not assets etc. I'm guessing that most "rich" people won't look rich on this chart. As Warren Buffet says, "Own nothing, control everything."

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m not rich, 70th percentile, maybe 75th on a good year.  I chose top 5 percent.

Basically I’m one health emergency away from putting the house up for sale and moving in with my in-laws.  But I make decent money.

You should get you some Obamacare.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m not rich, 70th percentile, maybe 75th on a good year.  I chose top 5 percent.

Basically I’m one health emergency away from putting the house up for sale and moving in with my in-laws.  But I make decent money.

If you ever have an expensive health emergency, please be sure to reach out to the knowledgeable people around you, including this forum.  There are charitable write off options, Inova in our area runs a pretty robust one, legal options, and other charities, so that if you navigate it with a little know how and elbow grease, losing a big chunk of your major assets should rarely be on the table.  The system is broken, but it's not that broken if you have the right information.

5 minutes ago, twa said:

You should get you some Obamacare.

You mean the healthcare plan that actual Republicans proposed 15 years before Obama? You know, back when the GOP actually cared about trying to help people more than the many multiples of corporate donations that they started taking in from insurance lobbies?

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I consider my well-stocked liquor cabinet, and my well-stocked beer closet, and my well-stocked wine room, to be my children.  

My kids ask me why I never drank like this when we lived here....because I couldn't afford ya'll and the liquor. :pint:

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I consider my well-stocked liquor cabinet, and my well-stocked beer closet, and my well-stocked wine room, to be my children.  

I'll see your beer closet, and raise it with my mid-20th century bomb shelter converted into beer cellar. :cheers:

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Too much is made of income from primary occupation when we discuss “the rich.”  If you’re working 60+ hour weeks to scrape in six figures that are all gong out to bills almost as fast as you earn them... you’re not rich.  I don’t care where you rank in terms of income.  You’re a bad month away from being broke.  People like this aren’t the ruling class.  

Wealth, or rich, is imo more a question of net worth, assets, and how much income is produced by those assets.  

Yep, as the saying goes "Shaq is rich, the guy who signs his checks is wealthy".

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And it's an investment that will bring you great joy. Unlike Zoony and his Beanie Baby collection.

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Filing my petition for name change as we speak.  PleaseBlitz Jr. has a nice ring to it.

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yeah, when they deduct for your dependents on your taxes, they don't mean your dependence.

3 hours ago, China said:

Yeah, when they deduct for your dependents on your taxes, they don't mean your dependence.

All his dependence sound

like they could be dependents:

Johnny (Walker)

Brandy

Bacardi

Bailey

etc.

Archived