Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Goff is off to a rough start, but he was very good last year and has made plays when he needs to this year.

I don't get the Mayfield hype. Everything seems hard for him. Leaves the pocket almost immediately. Then again, he hasn't played all that many games.

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if they lose to the Giants who will be without Barkley, I'll double down that it would be pathetic.  Catching up with some interviews-twitter you'd think the Giants just won another SB today.

Or consider an equal possibility. Barkley plays against the Skins in a walking boot or on crutches, and rushes for 112 yards.

3 hours ago, Hooper said:

Goff is off to a rough start, but he was very good last year and has made plays when he needs to this year.

I don't get the Mayfield hype. Everything seems hard for him. Leaves the pocket almost immediately. Then again, he hasn't played all that many games.

Well he certainly thinks he's played long enough to publicly assess (and ridicule) other teams' draft choices. He's eating a lot of humble pie right now, and deservedly so. I don't like that coaching staff that they've put together in Cleveland at all, starting with the HC. I don't think it's gonna work. It's good, though, to see that the attitude and culture have begun to shift for that franchise.

Cool feature that I just found on the Amazon Prime broadcast of the game.  You can chose and switch between commentary teams.  Aikman-Buck or Storm-Kremer.  I'm old enough that this technology is amazing to me.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Most of the FOx guys picked the Eagles to win, when will the media stop slobbing the eagles?

My hope is that they stop in about 3 hours.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

No flag on the helmet hit? Also, pretty sure the returner has to have more time to catch the ball unless they changed the rules.

To my knowledge the returner doesn't have to have any time to catch the ball.

If he calls a fair catch he must be allowed to catch the ball unmolested but if he doesn't the defender can totally light him up within a fraction of a second of him making contact with the ball.

Ok, time for a new NFL rule. I know, there's too many as it is, but this one seems like a necessary one if we're serious about player health.

If you are flagged for a late/dirty hit, and that hit injures another player, then you will miss as much time as the other player for up to 1 season. So if you knock somebody out cold like this in pre-season or early season and they're on IR, then congrats, you're suspended for a year.

And yes, part of this is bitterness over Keanu Neal concussing Reed on a cheap shot in preseason so that he's missed a quarter of the season while Neal suffered a minor fine and nothing more.

6 minutes ago, redskinss said:

To my knowledge the returner doesn't have to have any time to catch the ball.

If he calls a fair catch he must be allowed to catch the ball unmolested but if he doesn't the defender can totally light him up within a fraction of a second of him making contact with the ball.

Really? I could've swore I remember seeing flags thrown because the returner didn't have time to catch the ball. This was years ago so I very well could be remembering this totally wrong.

5 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

yes, part of this is bitterness over Keanu Neal concussing Reed on a cheap shot in preseason so that he's missed a quarter of the season while Neal suffered a minor fine and nothing more

Unless you count karma because neal is out for the season with an Achilles tear.

But yeah it sucks when this happens but that could also open a pandoras box of unexpected things.

Say a top flight superstar safety from a division rival injures a scrub game one and the team decides to put him on the i.r. to weaken their opponent.

That would just add more ridiculousness to the conniving nature of teams that already exists.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Really? I could've swore I remember seeing flags thrown because the returner didn't have time to catch the ball. This was years ago so I very well could be remembering this totally wrong.

I believe that's what they did before they instituted the fair catch but I could be misremembering. 

I'm pretty sure the fair catch is the NFL's way of protecting returers and if they decide to field the ball then that's on them after that.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Say a top flight superstar safety from a division rival injures a scrub game one and the team decides to put him on the i.r. to weaken their opponent.

That would just add more ridiculousness to the conniving nature of teams that already exists.

I get that....but if that superstar safety injured that scrub player on what was judged as a flagrant and malicious hit.....oh well. I know it could be easily manipulated by Bill Belicheck, but at this point who cares? Him and Brady own the league, so I don't care how they'll game the system yet again.

Besides, this is about player safety. And the league allegedly cares about player safety, right? So if you don't support me you want everyone to die of CTE. I win.

2 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I get that....but if that superstar safety injured that scrub player on what was judged as a flagrant and malicious hit.....oh well. I know it could be easily manipulated by Bill Belicheck, but at this point who cares? Him and Brady own the league, so I don't care how they'll game the system yet again.

Besides, this is about player safety. And the league allegedly cares about player safety, right? So if you don't support me you want everyone to die of CTE. I win.

We could round and round on this for a while and there's good points to be made on both sides but I dont like the thought of adding another rule that can be manipulated badly.

Could the nfl be any more obvious. 

Flag on the play.

Long wait while showing replay that obviously shows no penalty. 

Come back, there is no foul on the play, fourth down.

I'm fine with the nfl getting it right but I dont like that they are changing the outcome of plays and not telling us it's because they are quickly watching a replay and determining the proper outcome. 

Maybe this belongs in the conspiracy thread but their starting to make it as obvious as nascar did and it'd be nice if they didn't treat us like morons.

Archived