Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Preston Smith with 4.5 sacks already, just caught that, wow

The way we teach the pass rush is not envied around the league ... some felt bad for Sweat being drafted here, though I didn’t care enough to ask about particulars... eventually people mocking the Skins just becomes a bore. That said, Preston Smith breaking out away from DC was something a few people thought may happen.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There are 3 things certain in life: death, taxes, and the Skins losing in NY.  Hell, Gibbs I had a really rough go of it up there.  

I almost discount evaluating that game because it just seems its been preordained we will lose on some embarrassing manner.

Joe Morris was a real pain in the rumpus. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Everybody keeps saying what an absolute moron Bill P’Brien is.  

He’s got to be doing something right...

He's the biggest culprit in the NFL of the run on first down drill - Warren Sharp loves hitting him and that and other things.  but I haven't watched enough of the texans to have my own opinion on him. 

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

The way we teach the pass rush is not envied around the league ... some felt bad for Sweat being drafted here, though I didn’t care enough to ask about particulars... eventually people mocking the Skins just becomes a bore. That said, Preston Smith breaking out away from DC was something a few people thought may happen.

I think our OLB coach is Grimm's son if I recall.  A Dan nostalgia hire?

4 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If Haskins gets our first win in his first start I’ll run rip roarin naked into the streets ... so long as that start comes before November, Russell the love muscle & the chaos berries prefer balmy temperatures. 

I'm as eager to see Haskins, but the issue is even if we lose every game from here on out, if Case keeps playing like he did the first two weeks I just don't see a reason why Gruden would bench him in favor of Haskins. It just wouldn't make sense. We lost our first two games because of our trash secondary and non-existent pass rush.

6 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If Haskins gets our first win in his first start I’ll run rip roarin naked into the streets ... so long as that start comes before November, Russell the love muscle & the chaos berries prefer balmy temperatures. 

I hear you on that.   

With all the apologies on twitter from a number of draft geeks to Daniel Jones for underestimating him and the gushing from the NY Giants players and NY media -- Jones should just retire now.  Does the dude really have anything left to prove?   😀  Don't wear out your welcome Daniel like Eli. 

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We won there last year, I thought the year before that too or maybe it was the year before that.  I am too lazy to look it up.

Well, You just found the one impressive Gruden coaching record/stat in division thing.  He’s 2-3 in NY.  That’s actually better than our track record. (This is not a knock.  Legitimately think this is good.)

We lost in 2017, won in 2016, lost in 2014 and 2015z. 

For comparative purposes, we had won there 11 times between 1982 and 2013.  That’s 11 times in 31 years.  That’s just atrocious.  It’s 34%. 

Gibbs I was 5-7 up there.  Granted, those were some damn good Parcells Giants teams...

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, You just found the one impressive Gruden coaching record/stat thing.  He’s 2-3 in NY.  That’s actually better than our track record. 

For comparative purposes, we had won there 11 times between 1982 and 2013.  That’s 11 times in 31 years.  That’s just atrocious.  It’s 34%. 

Gibbs I was 5-7 up there.  Granted, those were some damn good Parcells Giants teams...

I recall those days, my undergrad college was in NY, so I suffered some at the time with Giant fans during that period.  I even got to witness a loss in person in NY with Spike Lee sitting about 10 rows in front of me.   It seems of late though we struggle at home against them and do better in NY unless am mis-recalling.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, You just found the one impressive Gruden coaching record/stat thing.  He’s 2-3 in NY.  That’s actually better than our track record. 

Don't look now but doesn't that mean we won 2 of the last 3? Tat's a streak for this team any more! WHooo!  Don't even need to play the game! It's a W! 

BTW: Parcells called Joe Gibbs the best coach he ever coached against. He is the one coach that kept him up at night. I dare say 5-7 is a lot better than most any other HC against Parcells in their house. 

I didn't look, but what was his record here? I can't look it up. Out of country and the filters are blocking me from - well most anything. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I recall those days, my undergrad college was in NY, so I suffered some at the time with Giant fans during that period.  I even got to witness a loss in person with Spike Lee sitting about 10 rows in front of me.   It seems of late though we struggle at home against them and do better there.

Jay is 2-3 at home against them. Im the last 9 years they are 4-5 against them at home. 

So Jay’s record is the same home and away, but overall it’s better at home.  

39 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I have .2 Mbps internet, I need to get to the 2000s before I can join you in 2019.

We need Nicky in.

39 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I'm as eager to see Haskins, but the issue is even if we lose every game from here on out, if Case keeps playing like he did the first two weeks I just don't see a reason why Gruden would bench him in favor of Haskins. It just wouldn't make sense. We lost our first two games because of our trash secondary and non-existent pass rush.

Jay probably keeps his job if he’s the HC & Haskins looks good... so it may come down to how much he actually wants to stay; the earlier we see DH, the more invested he is in the organization.

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hear you on that.   

With all the apologies on twitter from a number of draft geeks to Daniel Jones for underestimating him and the gushing from the NY Giants players and NY media -- Jones should just retire now.  Does the dude really have anything left to prove?   😀  Don't wear out your welcome Daniel like Eli. 

It took people a decade to realize Flacco actually blows... but they have sorted out Daniel Jones in one week.

Archived