Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Game Day Thread - SUPERBOWL - Chiefs Win!

zCommander

I'm predicting Jimmy Garoppolo to flop, not just because he had a bad night tonight.  Just seems like one of those dudes that had a hot start to his career and who will gradually dwindle.  Plus he's coming off a torn ACL.  I dunno, just have a bad feeling about him.  We'll see.

9 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Nick Mullens or CJ Bethard would be an immediate upgrade over our QBs. Perhaps not the long term upside of Haskins, but I'd take either of those two over Colt or Keenum if I absolutely had to win a game.

Mullens strikes me as a Case Keenum type, career backup with an occasional good showing as a starter. Beathard hasn't really shown much better, maybe in the Colt McCoy vein of having a hard time staying healthy.

Anybody watching this cardinals vs Vikings game?

First drive of the game the cardinals had what helen keller would have seen was a fumble and the Vikings picked it up but the whistle was blown so they couldn't advance the ball, but it would have been a touchdown. 

The Vikings challenged and the only question was where to spot the ball, the announcers knew it was obvious and everybody with eyeballs knew it would be reversed. 

When the officials came back, call stands with no explanation. 

This is the crap that has me losing all faith in the nfl.

There's no defense for this,  they can't claim it was close, nor can they claim they didn't have sufficient evidence. 

I'm sure they'll be an apology but at some point that's not gonna be enough and I'm kinda at that point where I'm no longer just willing to accept an apology and move on.

23 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Houston Texans look like crap..Don't know if they just suck or if Dallas is that good

It's the preseason. nobody sucks in the regular season they way they may suck in an individual preseason game, and nobody is as good as they are in an individual preseason game.

But I'm glad they're playing so well in this game because I hope they think they are indeed that good, and I hope they feel they don't need Elliott and he sits all season, and I hope the media starts pumping them up as "looking like Super Bowl favorites", and I hope Jerruh's natural, engrained delusions of entitlement filter down through the players and fanbase. And I hope all this happens based off of one preseason game.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Today’s the day!!!! Today’s the day!!! This is not a test!! Prepare Accordingly 😁😁😁

I am irrationally pumped up for the season to start, even though I don't usually watch many games live.  I can't believe I am less than two hours away from complaining online about all the excessive commercials making the game unwatchable.

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

It still feels weird that the opening game of the regular season tonight is not going to involve the defending Super Bowl champions. 

It does.

But since this is the 100th year of the NFL, they wanted to showcase the oldest, longest rivalry in the league on opening night.

13 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

It does.

But since this is the 100th year of the NFL, they wanted to showcase the oldest, longest rivalry in the league on opening night.

I got into a debate with some guy on Twitter back in March, when the announcement of bears packers on opening night took place, and the guy tried telling me “oh, the nfl is just trying to screw over the patriots” im like ...how? They still get to open the season at home LOL. And i tried telling him why bears packers makes sense for 100th season (oldest, longest rivalry) and he would say “where did the nfl say that? You’re just assuming things”. LOLOL. Ok bro. 

Archived